Gran Turismo 6 Vs. Real Life Part 3 Released :) (Lotus Europa, Countach, Chevrolet Nova, etc)

• Thread starter FoRiZon
  • 41 comments

FoRiZon

(Banned)
Singapore
Singapore
Hello guys. You may remember my promise on "believe the hype" thread. Well, finally i finished my photoshoot. It was pretty fun and exhausting :lol: I cant explain these pitcures thoroughly, so here some of the interesting comparasions. Enjoy:sly:
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

Updated:
19.jpg

20.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

15.jpg

18.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg
Of course, no standards goes unpunished.

Body kits are installed in GT6 as accurate as possible to real life. Any faults may be expected. Sorry if it occurs.

Last edited:
Well done on getting all these pics 👍

But where are the gt6 pics, all I see are real life ones :sly:

(Just kidding I know GT6 is on the right :lol:)

That white NSx is the same colour that was at Goodwood in June. It's the next car lined up for my goodwood real life vs virtual vids.

Anyway thanks again @FrzGT :cheers:

Thanks guys 👍 I might put up more when available :)

I was going to put "the most used cars on the road" (which is the Mazda Demio, Honda Fit, Toyota Vitz '07, and the Suzuki Swift). But im not exactly content on shooting someone elses car on the parking lot.

Nice stuffs from IIMS, mate!
Toyota and Chevy have a simulator for their cars using GT6 engine, right? I tested the Chevy one, and unfortunately the car and the track was locked to the 'Vette and Daytona. :grumpy:

Nice stuffs from IIMS, mate!
Toyota and Chevy have a simulator for their cars using GT6 engine, right? I tested the Chevy one, and unfortunately the car and the track was locked to the 'Vette and Daytona. :grumpy:
About that, its changed per day perhaps. Last time I came there seeing the vette racing on the High Speed Ring.

Also I like how the Toyota Marketing guy describe the FT1 exactly like on the GT6 car info.

To me that shows that all PD really needs to do between GT6 and GT7 (purely from a car graphics realism, no flaming please) is rework the reflections on the cars.

All of those comparison shots show that PD have gone to an amazing level of detail in the modelling of the cars, but the reflections (or lack thereof) make it easy to tell the artificial ones.

I know that the settings are far from identical, but the GT6 cars just don't have the reflections of real life - even my hideously dirty RX8 has more reflections on it.

I am, also, aware that this is limited by the available memory on the PS3, so please don't take this is PD bashing. It's not. I think PD have achieved an amazing level graphically on the PS3 and can't wait for the PS4 iteration! :D

Let's face it, if PD can do that with a console that is 8 years old and fairly outdated, just imagine what they can do with the most powerful console ever, the PS4. We will be in for a graphical masterpiece!! (And going off that, we should expect standard cars to be of a PS3 quality)

To me that shows that all PD really needs to do between GT6 and GT7 (purely from a car graphics realism, no flaming please) is rework the reflections on the cars.

All of those comparison shots show that PD have gone to an amazing level of detail in the modelling of the cars, but the reflections (or lack thereof) make it easy to tell the artificial ones.

I know that the settings are far from identical, but the GT6 cars just don't have the reflections of real life - even my hideously dirty RX8 has more reflections on it.

I am, also, aware that this is limited by the available memory on the PS3, so please don't take this is PD bashing. It's not. I think PD have achieved an amazing level graphically on the PS3 and can't wait for the PS4 iteration! :D
This is because the Real Life cars have artificial lights. When car is out you never see a car as shiny, except when you have reflection of the sun in front of camera, which you also get in GT6.

This is because the Real Life cars have artificial lights. When car is out you never see a car as shiny, except when you have reflection of the sun in front of camera, which you also get in GT6.
I agree in part. For example, check out this pic of the Scirocco I found on google:

B-B-VW-Scirocco-R-2.jpg

16-jpg.228750

The scirocco in the real world picture is just a tad shinier rather than the matte effect that GT6 has. Only slightly, but it is still there

Nice comparison there, @FrzGT !

By the way, on what day did you visit IIMS? I went there right after school (on Friday)

And my favorite part is how both Honda and Toyota displayed the GT videos of the NSX and the FT-1 :D
First time college, the schedule somewhat only goes to 11AM :D I went after that with couple of friends.

Oh yeah, the FT1 fans is actually an intercooler like you get in the normal cars. :)

This is a new thread favorite of mine. Nice work guys keep it up.

Anyone notice the 'rotation' of the NSX's wheel is backwards in GT6 ?, compared to the real one ?

#gameruined :P

Yeah, looks better on the real car, would of been nicer like that in game too, but small potatoes.

No, they're not.

They're the same as far as the directional orientation is concerned. Blind leading the blind...

Look again, the way/angle of the wheel machining-design is opposite from 1 to the other. Out at the lip of the wheel, the spoke design tapers off in a clockwise direction on the real version, and counter-clockwise on the GT6 version. If PD wanted to get it right, they would've carried over the same orientation per-corner of the car.

But PD being PD, if it isn't a GTR, then small potatoes :P

I agree in part. For example, check out this pic of the Scirocco I found on google:

B-B-VW-Scirocco-R-2.jpg

16-jpg.228750

The scirocco in the real world picture is just a tad shinier rather than the matte effect that GT6 has. Only slightly, but it is still there

Basically the bodywork is a mirror and if you want it to produce interesting reflections, then you need to give it something interesting to reflect. In other words: the environment is fundamental.

Here is an example of an environment that provides more contrast than the default position at Gemasolar (which is all same brightness and very little contrast:

Goodwood Hillclimb_3.jpg

Look again, the way/angle of the wheel machining-design is opposite from 1 to the other. Out at the lip of the wheel, the spoke design tapers off in a clockwise direction on the real version, and counter-clockwise on the GT6 version. If PD wanted to get it right, they would've carried over the same orientation per-corner of the car.

But PD being PD, if it isn't a GTR, then small potatoes :P

It's actually correct on the GT6 model. I think what's tricky about these pictures is the fact that on the real photo, the shiny part of the wheel is brighter than the matte part, while on the GT6 photo it's the other way around. What's causing that effect is that the GT6 photo is taken in sunlight, which makes shiny and chrome parts darker and matte parts brighter (actually it's the matte part that gets brighter but the camera adjusts the exposure to make the entire image darker). Take a picture of the wheel in shadow and you'll find that it looks just the same as the real photo.

Last edited:
There can be no debate that PD has done an outstanding job with the Premium model cars. Simply outstanding, considering the POS that the PS3 is nowadays. I continually am impressed with what they can stretch out of such an antiquated computer.

Anyway, the main reason I decided to reply is: Compared to all of the cars in this thread, I am beyond shocked at how terrible of a job PD did in duplicating the color of the Toyota FT-1 Graphite. I mean, the GT6 model isn't even close! Geez, the BMW M4 has a very unique paint color and while it isn't perfect, it is very, very close. At least it has the same tone as the actual M4 car. But, that FT-1 Graphite isn't even in the same ballpark as the real life version.

There really is no excuse for that. I mean, it's ONE color. It's not like the racecars where they have to worry about matching stickers and decals (which they often do very, very well). Shame shame PD...Shame shame... On a positive note, just look at how accurate those LMP's are. That is such an impressive job.

Here are some Le Mans racers from the 2014 Geneva Auto Show and the La Sarthe Auto Museum, together with their counterparts (not all the same, but close) in GT6

Nope, I don't understand it. Why have you only posted real life photos and not posted any photos from GT6...? :P
Yep, I often can't tell the difference. Not on premiums anyway. 👍

There can be no debate that PD has done an outstanding job with the Premium model cars. Simply outstanding, considering the POS that the PS3 is nowadays. I continually am impressed with what they can stretch out of such an antiquated computer.

Anyway, the main reason I decided to reply is: Compared to all of the cars in this thread, I am beyond shocked at how terrible of a job PD did in duplicating the color of the Toyota FT-1 Graphite. I mean, the GT6 model isn't even close! Geez, the BMW M4 has a very unique paint color and while it isn't perfect, it is very, very close. At least it has the same tone as the actual M4 car. But, that FT-1 Graphite isn't even in the same ballpark as the real life version.

There really is no excuse for that. I mean, it's ONE color. It's not like the racecars where they have to worry about matching stickers and decals (which they often do very, very well). Shame shame PD...Shame shame... On a positive note, just look at how accurate those LMP's are. That is such an impressive job.
To be honest the colour is also depends on lighting and such. Its actually pretty hard to determine the very accurate color on game to reality, unless its blantant like some standard cars.
Here are some Le Mans racers from the 2014 Geneva Auto Show and the La Sarthe Auto Museum, together with their counterparts (not all the same, but close) in GT6

15184712040_34af33737b_z.jpg

15184702350_7a4b8a9d45_z.jpg

15184707420_1110d8fe99_z.jpg

15184826208_81f38442ed_z.jpg

15184809728_b94fb6ffd7_z.jpg

15184714570_0169c75c2e_z.jpg

You can see more of each car in my gallery

Next Up

15184810968_2cbc60cb13_z.jpg
Keep it up, mate! Continue my thread.

Basically the bodywork is a mirror and if you want it to produce interesting reflections, then you need to give it something interesting to reflect. In other words: the environment is fundamental.

Here is an example of an environment that provides more contrast than the default position at Gemasolar (which is all same brightness and very little contrast:

View attachment 231056

It's actually correct on the GT6 model. I think what's tricky about these pictures is the fact that on the real photo, the shiny part of the wheel is brighter than the matte part, while on the GT6 photo it's the other way around. What's causing that effect is that the GT6 photo is taken in sunlight, which makes shiny and chrome parts darker and matte parts brighter (actually it's the matte part that gets brighter but the camera adjusts the exposure to make the entire image darker). Take a picture of the wheel in shadow and you'll find that it looks just the same as the real photo.
I agree that needing something to reflect increases the 'realism' of the image. That said to prove your point you had to use an edited image. I know it's only minor edits in terms of contrast, but still.

I still stand by the fact that they could do with being a bit 'glossier' than they currently are. There are certain environments where certain cars look amazing but a large majority of them, in my opinion, are still a bit more matte than they could be.

To each their own though. 👍

Back