• 718 comments

Cowboy

Lariat Member
Premium
United States
North Dakota
GTP_Cowboy
RacingCowboy570
Welcome to the Forgotten Cars thread! This is a thread dedicated to the vehicles that have been basically thrown away or have been forgotten throughout the Gran Turismo series. Every week I will name a forgotten car, and will let you guys comment, chat, or do whatever you want. The first vehicle I am going to name off is the Mazda 323f/lantis sedan. Highly underrated car since GT1 and is still underrated for GT6. But there are a few facts about this car you may be interested in.

mazda_323f__93_by_gt6_garage-d7g1ulw.png

The looks. What your probably saying right now is "how could a car manufacturer make something that looks this terrible". Yes, it probably looks ugly at first sight, but taking a closer look at it you will notice it actually isn't a bad car. Under the hood it packs a mighty 167bhp with an ff drivetrain in the mix. Performance? Well I haven't driven this car yet in gt6 but can guess that the performance is like any other ff car. It probably has a bit of understeer. Price? The car costs $19,920 in the Mazda dealership. I'm planning on buying this car this week and will update on any important information. Feel free to comment :)

The following is a list of cars that have been mentioned in past weeks:

Week 1: Mazda 323f / Lantis Sedan '93
Week 2: TVR V8S '91
Week 3: Nissan Skyline Sport Coupe '62
Week 4: Dodge Viper RT/10 '98
Week 5: Toyota Denso Sard Supra (JGTC) '00
Week 6: Subaru SVX/Alcyclone '95
Week 7: Tommy Kaira ZZ-S '00
Week 8: Jaguar XJ220 LM Race Car '01
Week 9: Cizeta V16T '94
Week 10: Mitsubishi Lancer EX 1800 GSR Turbo IC '83
Week 11: Cheverolet Corvette ZR1 C4 '90
Week 12: Dodge Viper GTS-R Concept '00
Week 13: Pagani Zonda C12 '00
Week 14: Hyundai Tiburon GT '01
Week 15: Aston Martin DB7 Vantage Coupe '00
Week 16: Panoz Esperante GTR-1 Race Car '98
Week 17: Lotus Elan S1 '62
Week 18: Ford GT LM Race Car '02
Week 19: Ferrari SP1 '08
Week 20: Nissan Skyline GT-R (R33) '95
Week 21: Buick Special '62
Week 22: Subaru Impreza Rally Car '01
Week 23: Audi S4 '98
Week 24: MINI Cooper S Countryman (R60) '11

Week 25: Mitsubishi HSR-ll Concept '89
Week 26: Mazda Mazdaspeed Atenza '05
Week 27: Mitsubishi Galant GTO MR '70
Week 28: Alpine A310 1600 VE '73
Week 29: Peugeot 106 Rallye '03
Week 30: Ford Mustang SVT Cobra '98
Week 31: TVR Griffith 500 '94
Week 32: Saleen S7 '02
Week 33: Lister Storm V12 Race Car '99
Week 34: Volvo S60 T-5 Sport '03
Week 35: Gillet Vertigo Race Car '04
Week 36: Mazda Protege/Familia Sedan Sport 20 '02
Week 37: Fiat Barchetta Giovane Due '00
Week 38: Ford Mustang V8 GT Coupe Premium '07
Week 39: Toyota Carina ED 2.0 X 4WS '89
Week 40: Lamborghini Diablo GT '00
Week 41: Alfa Romeo 156 2.5 V6 '98
Week 42: Callaway C12 '03
Week 43: Plymouth XNR Ghia Roadster '60
Week 44: Volkswagon Golf V GTI '05
Week 45: Jaguar XFR '10
Week 46: Lexus IS F Racing Concept '08
Week 47: Opel Speedster/Vauxhall VX220 '00
Week 48: Toyota Celica 2000 GT-FOUR (ST165) '86
Week 49: Honda Civic Type R (EP) '04
Week 50: Shelby GT350 '65
Week 51: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VII GSR '01
Week 52: Toyota WiLL VS '01
2015 Forgotten Car of the Year: Ferrari Dino 246 GT '71
Week 54: Ford Ka '01
Week 55: Hommell Berlinette Coupe R/S '99
Week 56: Subaru Legacy B4 Blitzen '00
Week 57: Chaparral 2D '67
Week 58: Audi Le Mans Quattro '03
Week 59: Mazda Demio Sport '10
Week 60: Pontiac Vibe GT '03/Toyota Voltz S '02
Week 61+: End Note and Thank You

Last edited:
That's not a bad looking car. I never knew anything about it. Perhaps I'll add it to my garage and see how it goes on the track. To be honest, I could use some more FF cars in my garage anyway. Thanks!

I've actually got one of these IRL, but with only about 125 hp for the model I have. Handles great for a FWD despite having no driving aids except anti-lock brakes. They are called a Mazda Astina here in Australia. Surprisingly has a very spacious back seat for such a small car.

This is a thread dedicated to the vehicles that have been basically thrown away or have been forgotten throughout the series. Every week I will name a forgotten car, and will let you guys comment, chat, or do whatever you want. The first vehicle I am going to name off is the Mazda 323f. Highly underrated car since gt1 and is still underrated for gt6. But there are a few facts about thus car you may be Interested in.

mazda_323f__93_by_gt6_garage-d7g1ulw.png

The looks. What your probably saying right now is "how could a car manufacturer make something that looks this terrible". Yes, it probably looks ugly at first sight, but taking a closer look at it you will notice it actually isn't a bad car. Under the hood it packs a mighty 167bhp with an ff drivetrain in the mix. Performance? Well I haven't driven this car yet in gt6 but can guess that the performance is like any other ff car. It probably has a bit of understeer. Price? The car costs $19,920 in the Mazda dealership. I'm planning on buying this car this week and will update on any important information. Feel free to comment :)

Just test drove this car stock around the Eiger short track. Seems to have a bit of under steer, but that can be fixed. Actually a very fun car to drive. My best lap time is 1:26.182 with comfort soft tires.

Last edited:
How is the under steer fixed?
It can be tuned to understeer less by moving the weight distribution, tuning the suspension, and the differential.

Note: some FF cars are inherently better to tune than others.

Oldie but a Goldie - I remember the Lantis in GT... The first one in the 300km of Grand Valley when it had Castrol style racing livery colours - and it was always the slowest car of the AI drivers (5 AI drivers... FIVE!)
May buy one of these (323F/Lantis) - Can't drive as badly as the E Type Jag did.

Interesting thread !, I'll have to give some of these a quick spin in GT6 if I can find time & mind to remember them.

Loving all of these suggestions. Glad you guys like the thread. Anyways, after a bit more testing g and tuning with this car, I might have an idea of how to drive fast enough to keep up with the competition. I currently have it at 500pp with racing soft tires, and my average time at willow is around 1:18. I dont slam on the brakes in the corners, i just let off the gas and then accelerate and brake when i need to. The car definitely has the acceleration which suprised me since it is an ff car. If you guys have any suggestions on how to make the time faster, please comment.

TVR Griffith 500 and Cebera Speed six. Don't ever see people in them cars, they handle really well and fun to drive on tracks like Sierra.
I second this.
I remembered the TVRs seemed really slippery and lacked grip back in GT2, used to think it was from being so light but powerful.
I when I tried the Cerbera Speed six in GT6 (at Ascari), I was blown away at how stable it was - awesome handling for a light powerful NA FR car.
I just wish they included the Cerbera 4.2 V8.

I think TVR's look pretty.. unique to drive them. Not my cup of cafe latte design but they're fun to drive nonetheless. I own the Tuscan and find it funny that the numeral monitor in the speedometer is actually the RPM count and doesn't show the redline at all. The Cerbera Speed Six is the most attractive TVR for me though!

I love all British engineering. Got all the TVR cars in my garage haha, another forgotten was is the Aston Martin DB7. It drives and sounds so beautiful (couldn't think of a word) with Sports exhaust or just standard exhaust. :)

Back