2015 Deutsche Tourenwagen Meisters (DTM)

• Thread starter MatskiMonk
  • 76 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
logo.png

So testing for the 2015 season is starting this week at Jerez... and news is starting to trickle through.

2015 Confirmed Drivers:

BMW
BMW Team RMG

Marco Wittmann
Maxime Martin

BMW Team RBM
Augusto Farfus
Tom Blomqvist

BMW Team Schnitzer
Martin Tomczyk
Antonio Felix Da Costa

BMW Team M-Tek
Timo Glock
Bruno Spengler

Mercedes

Art Grand Prix

Gary Paffett
Lucas Auer

Mücke Motorsport

Daniel Juncadella
Maximilian Götz

HWA
Christian Vietoris
Paul Di Resta
Pascal Wehrlein
Robert Wickens

Audi
Team Abt Sportsline

Mattias Ekström
Miguel Molina
Edoardo Mortara
Adrien Tambay

Team Phoenix
Timo Scheider
Mike Rockenfeller.

Team Rosberg

Jamie Green
Nico Müller

Calender:

01-03/5 Hockenheim
29-30/5 Lausitzring
26-28/6 Norisring
10-12/7 Zandvoort
31-02/8 Red Bull Ring
28-30/8 Moscow
11-13/9 Oschersleben
25-27/9 Nürburgring
16-18/10 Hockenheim

more at http://www.touringcartimes.com/2014/12/03/2015-dtm-calendar-revealed-with-double-races/

The season is now underway...

Rounds 1 & 2 Hockenheim
R1 Winner: Jamie Green / Audi Sport Team Rosberg / Audi
R2 Winner: Mattias Ekstrom / Audi Sport Team Abt Sportsline / Audi

After 2 rounds:
Leading Driver: Edoardo Mortara
Leading Team: Audi Sport Team Rosberg
Leading Manufacturer: Audi

Next... Rounds 3 & 4 Lausitzring

Last edited:
BMW have confirmed 6 more drivers with Spengler, Tomczyk, da Costa, Glock, Martin, and Farfus Joining Wittmann, alas Joey Hand is leaving the BMW motorsport fold. A shame, he's a great driver and a friendly bloke, but his DTM results weren't great.

Testing took place last week with lots of rookies getting the chance to clock up some miles in a DTM car. No lap times as usual.

Audi to keep their drivers at the same teams this year... hoping the continuity will help them keep the manufacturers title.

Like F1 and MotoGP, DTM drivers can choose their car number for the rest of their career. Here is the list for 2015:

1 Marco Wittmann (BMW)
2 Gary Paffett (Mercedes)
3 Paul di Resta (Mercedes)
5 Mattias Ekström (Audi)
6 Robert Wickens (Mercedes)
7 Bruno Spengler (BMW)
8 Christian Vietoris (Mercedes)
10 Timo Scheider (Audi)
12 Daniel Juncadella (Mercedes)
13 Antonio Felix da Costa (BMW)
16 Timo Glock (BMW)
17 Miguel Molina (Audi)
18 Augusto Farfus (BMW)
22 Lucas Auer (Mercedes)
27 Adrien Tambay (Audi)
31 Tom Blomqvist (BMW)
36 Maxime Martin (BMW)
48 Edoardo Mortara (Audi)
51 Nico Müller (Audi)
53 Jamie Green (Audi)
77 Martin Tomczyk (BMW)
84 Maximilian Götz (Mercedes)
94 Pascal Wehrlein (Mercedes)
99 Mike Rockenfeller (Audi)

New two race format detailed by the ITR

Saturday:
20 minute qualifying
40 minutes+1 lap race, tyre pit stop is optional.

Sunday:
20 minute qualifying
60 minutes+1 lap race, 1 tyre pit stop is compulsory.

Last edited:
I'm thinking of visiting the race at Orschersleben, pretty much the only one in reach. Has anyone been there before? Hows the view/atmosphere from the Silver/Bronze stands? I never actually visited a racetrack to view a race before :rolleyes: Tickets are really cheap compared to F1, plus you can visit the paddocks.

I'm thinking of visiting the race at Orschersleben, pretty much the only one in reach. Has anyone been there before? Hows the view/atmosphere from the Silver/Bronze stands? I never actually visited a racetrack to view a race before :rolleyes: Tickets are really cheap compared to F1, plus you can visit the paddocks.

No experience of Oschersleben myself, though I've been to pretty much every circuit in the UK, I've watched DTM at Brands Hatch, and I'm going to Zandvoort this year for the DTM. My advice is do it!

DTM is run by the manufacturers pretty much and it's a PR exercise, so if you go for the weekend you'll easily get to see and probably meet the drivers, especially if you hang around the paddock in between races.

Personally I'm not one for sitting in a Grand Stand seat all day, I like to get around the track, but I'm into photography so that's half the fun for me.

The cars sound great in person too. The problem with live motorsport is often you don't really know what's going on on track, honestly to watch the racing you're best off watching it at home, but you should really experience the sights, sounds and smells of watching it live.

If you watch some DTM footage from Oschersleben on YouTube you'll probably get a good idea of what kind of action you'll see from each of the seating areas.

My advise is to look where they have screens. They show the race on them so you never miss a thing. I've been to the season final in Hockenheim last year and was sitting around the first corner and there was a big screen on the other side. So I saw the start, the pit stops and fighting for positions and we "only" had a bronze ticket.

Sounds great! When getting a ticket for the DTM race, can you also watch the Porsche Cup race or is that a separate ticket?

@MarkusK, I'm certain your DTM ticket will cover support series for that weekend too.

Nice!

Is there a rough estimate until when I should get my tickets to get a decent spot?

Not sure. If you try and do it with a month or two to spare you shouldn't have any problems at all.

Personally I went for the gold ticket because the silver ticket grandstands at Zandvoort are not covered. If it rains heavily it means I get a (relatively) dry seat... otherwise I'll probably be off trying to get better angles for photos :lol:

Latest Posts

Back