Aston Martin DB10 for new Bond film

• Thread starter Leicht
  • 226 comments
Brunei
Keele
Leicht92
DBten-web-news.jpg

DB10 gives a glimpse to the future design direction for the next generation of Aston Martins.

More Info
Top Gear

Front inspired by the RX8???

And yes, this has to be the most boring and bland Aston... EVER...

Aston Martin...what the 🤬 is that thing?! The new DB9, fantastic! The Vanquish, stunning! The Vantage series, gorgeous! This thing is a step in the oppostie direction! :guilty: It looks like the messed up step child of an F-Type, GT86/BRZ/FR-S, and a Miata! :yuck:

Last edited:
It's ok, but their look is getting long in the tooth. I was hoping the squarer styling of the Lagonda was going to be the new styling direction. A return to the brutish Vantages of the 80s and 90s rather than the svelte modern ones.

It's...OK. It looks like AM did a badge job on the Jag F-Type, as many have already pointed out. That said, there are worse Astons, but not many that are less notable. Aston Martin is due a design refresh, but I do hope this is really a stop-gap. And DB10? I think it's time to reassess the name at this point, DBX sounds better to me but if it was named 'Spectre' itself I could dig it.

Now the Zagato...thing. It looks like a fastback guppy. I don't like it myself, and I'm not sure Zagato has done much I DO like, but I don't know where they could go design-wise.

:cheers: My hat's off to AM for making it. Limited to 10 for production. Remember Aston are also making "entry level" AM to get younger buyers. I'd have one.

It's...okay. Just okay. I would expect a more evocative styling from Aston Martin, but it's certainly far from ugly. I'm not saying that it should have been utterly dramatic; I know most Aston Martins are supposedly a tad understated while still looking elegant and dashing. The lines on this are svelte and quite mesmerizing, but at the same time the design looks kinda unfinished as a whole. Something seems missing.

I think it's just a bit staid and plain. Also, it somehow makes me think of the first-generation Mazda RX-8, the Toyota FT-1 Concept, the Tesla Model S, and the BMW GINA Light Visionary Model Concept, and this part is not a good thing.

flat bonnet lines and wide hip. I liken it to a TVR Sagaris. Would make a subtle TVR in that respect.

I think it's just a bit staid and plain.
I would say that is the influence of the film production. They have really been aiming to have a very grounded Bond, and cars like the original Vanquish were just too ostentatious. They obviously want an Aston, but they don't want something that sticks out like a sore thumb. After all, this is a Bond who will drive Fords and Volvos and - supposedly - Fiats to blend in if need be.

As I said in the other thread it doesn't look like Aston Martin designed it, it looks like a poorly put together fan creation like many others you would find on the net for all car companies. At the best it's boring and the worst ugly IMO.

Bond should drive something like the new Lagonda! I miss the good old days when he drove something very different in each film.

Back