If there was an Event Creator - What would you create?

• Thread starter Islaygaz
  • 44 comments
Scotland
Scotland
islaygaz
So there has been some talk of an Event Creator in GT and I was just wondering what events you guys would create if this was to become reality?

You can include:
  • Name of event
  • Restrictions (PP, Drivetrain, Country, GT3, LMP, etc.)
  • Number of races
  • Tracks (Laps, time, weather)
  • Opponents
  • Tyre/Fuel Depletion
  • Plus any other info

Event creator? Is this even confirmed?? Oh this would be very good if it is.
I'll do an enduro, maybe one hour long, with all the lightweight (below 800kg) road cars in the game, on Sierra. Full weather, day/night cycle, damage/tyre wear/fuel consumption on. PP limited to maybe 585. No racing tyres allowed. No limitation on tuning, so slap on a nitrous if you want. Dunno what to call it.....how 'bout Spanish Fly??

Event creator? Is this even confirmed?? Oh this would be very good if it is.
I'll do an enduro, maybe one hour long, with all the lightweight (below 800kg) road cars in the game, on Sierra. Full weather, day/night cycle, damage/tyre wear/fuel consumption on. PP limited to maybe 585. No racing tyres allowed. No limitation on tuning, so slap on a nitrous if you want. Dunno what to call it.....how 'bout Spanish Fly??

Not confirmed its just one of those things some people have on their wish list (like me!) and I was just curious as to what people would do if such a feature was to come to GT.

Your event sounds awesome by the way! I'd maybe make it a bit longer maybe 4hr?

Not confirmed its just one of those things some people have on their wish list (like me!) and I was just curious as to what people would do if such a feature was to come to GT.

Your event sounds awesome by the way! I'd maybe make it a bit longer maybe 4hr?
Thought 'bout that...I think 1 hour would be on the nose, not too long, not too short; I'm basing this on my own schedules of course...Can't play too long otherwise my butt would start aching...:D

I would go back to GT and throw Forza in the garbage bin. That's what I would do. (not really, but I would definitely play GT again.)

As for races? Gosh... I don't know. I have so many ideas that I would need a whole year to do them all. Even with GT5's Arcade mode and the ability to tamper with it, I had months and months worth of gameplay.

But of course, PD won't do it even if they could. It's the way of the gaming industry these days. Take away all that gives an actual replay value to a game.

Like a 2 hour endurance race around Circuit De La Sarthe. That would be nice. Pp-range near my newly bought Aventador which I am loving. Such an easy car to control slide. I'd have fast-straight line speed cars like the Huayra. Fuel and tyre depletion on. Day-night transition. Would be fun, but still needs an AI to make it a really good experience.

Try multiplayer. There's magically an event creator there where you can make races how you want them to be. You can even choose if you want to allow NOS in races or not and limit the class of cars. Best of all you can set the amount of laps. Or if you want to do a timed endurance race, you can!... :eek:

Jesting aside. I run a casual racing group and I create 2 events per week for a group of 11 racers. You get no crappy AI and you can change all aspects of the game to how you want it to be. Find a group, then create your event. Simple as that really. The game already has the event creator but very few people are using it.

Hatchbacks vs Wagons
PP: 600
Cars: Non-Racing Hatchbacks/wagons
Tuning: Yes
Nitrous: No
Fuel/Tyre Wear: Yes
License: S

Series of Five Races
1. Suzuka 2014: 10 laps
2. Red Bull Ring: 12 laps
3. Trial Mountain: 12 laps
4. Special Stage Route 5: 15 Laps
5. Circuito Zahara de la Sierra: 10 laps.

Prize:
Each race: 1st: 200,000 (each place down decrease by 25,000)
Series Champion: 2,500,000 + Ford GT 40 MKIV (first series win only to avoid exploits)

Last edited:
Don't we have an event creator on-line,I have many ideas for events to run. I post tun most of them from my club page, its just a same that nobody joins them.

I currently have :

• 30 minute endurance with Junior kart's.
  • 400pp 4wd Kei-Car Rally Time Trial.
  • 30 minute 1.3i mini endurance.
I am working on an event at the moment called possibly The Love Bug.

Car and Event Information

Title:The Love Bug.
Car: VW Beetle 1200 66'
Track: Not sure yet
Race Time: 60 Minute Endurance.
Pit stop: 1 required.

Car Modifications

Custom Suspension
All power upgrades accept turbo's and catalytic converter, exhaust and computer.
All weigh upgrades accept carbon hood.
Stock drive-train, LSD and clutch.
No aero or spoilers.
Classic looking wheels and paint.
SH tyres.

Specs
73bhp
332pp
Weight: dependant on weight balance

Last edited:
I would create an 1-Lap magic of Renault Cars! All stock and without any upgrades.

Car and Event Information:
Title: Renault 1 Lap Magic!
Car: Renault Mégane Trophy '11 (the race car)
Track: La Sarthe 2013 (Full Weather)
Race Time: N/A
Pit Stop: N/A

Oponnents:
1- 8 Gordini '66
2- Mégane 2.0 IDE '00
3- Mégane 2.0 16v '03
4- AVANTIME '02
5- Clio RenaultSport 2.0 16v '03
6- 5 Turbo '80
7- Mégane R.S. Sport '08
8- Clio R.S. '11
9- RenaultSport Mégane RS Trophy '11
10- Clio V6 24v '01
11- Clio V6 24v Phase 2 '03
12- Clio Trophy Race Car '00
13- R5 Rallye Car' 85 (Maxi)
14- Mégane Trophy '11 (the race car)

No Oil Change and neither the Chassis/Engine Restoration are allowed! The cars must come stock!

The Mégane Trophy '11 cannot be the Anniversary Edition and neither the Base Model. That Mégane Trophy must be the original one (the yellow)

Volkswagen Castrol Series

5 Races 8 Laps each, Time Progression 1

8 VW Scirocco GT24 '08/VW Scirocco GT24 Base Model '08
8 VW Golf IV GTI Touring Car

Race 1 Red Bull Ring Short- Time: 1100, Weather: Clear
Race 2 Brands Hatch Indy- Time: 06:30, Weather: Clear
Race 3 Silverstone International- Time: 17:00, Weather: Clear
Race 4 Nurburgring GP/D- Time: 07:00, Weather: Clear
Race 5 Red Bull Ring- Time: 13:00, Weather: Clear

A true GT500 Championship, no more 4 and 5 lap races.

Full tire wear and fuel depletion.

Featuring Fuji, Suzuka, Motegi, Redbull Ring, Spa, Silverstone and Laguna Seca.

50 laps minimum.

The Wild Bulls

Regulations:

Vehicle Choice: Italian Road Cars

Tracks:

Monza: 5 Laps
Milan: 5 Laps
Rome: 7 Laps
Sierra: 2 Laps
Spa: 3 Laps

Prizes:
Gold Race: 45,000
A-Spec: Ferrari FXX '07
B-Spec: Pagani Zonda R

I would create the Daytona 500, with no limitations on anything, "Run What Ya Brung" style, with tire wear and fuel depletion. Like NASCAR used to be, you show up with whatever you have and see if it wins. The guys with X2014's would always be stopping for gas and tires, and a guy with a properly setup normal car on harder tires could potentially end up winning the whole event simply by having to stop less.

I would create the Daytona 500, with no limitations on anything, "Run What Ya Brung" style, with tire wear and fuel depletion. Like NASCAR used to be, you show up with whatever you have and see if it wins. The guys with X2014's would always be stopping for gas and tires, and a guy with a properly setup normal car on harder tires could potentially end up winning the whole event simply by having to stop less.
Actually an X1 would still win as it does 100MPH more than anything else, and probably laps everyone else by the time he has to pit in. Fuel would be an issue, 1500HP destroys fuel, probably every 5 laps for a pit, compared to, say 15-20 laps for a 700HP Zonda R.

Event: GT-Rs only, SSRX, no B.S.
Restrictions: Manufacturer: Nissan, 574pp, 4WD
Races: 10
Laps: 10
Tracks: Original Course Special Stage Route X
Fuel/Tyres: Really Fast
Damage: Full
Prizes:
20.000.000 1st
20.000.000 2nd
40.000.000 3rd

Event creator hmmm? Let's see.....

Title: 'Name That Tuner' Endurance Championship. (Yes I know it's not a very good name)
Cars: Japanese and American Tuners only: HKS, Nismo, Mines, AEM etc
Tires: Sports Soft or less

Race 1: Twin Ring Motegi- Road Course: 1 hour endurance
Race 2: Daytona Road Course: 1 hour endurance
Race 3: Suzuka Circuit 2014 edition: 1 hour endurance
Race 4: Willow Springs Raceway: 1 hour endurance
Race 5: Fiji Speedway F: 1 hour endurance
Race 6: Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca: 1 hour endurance
Race 7: Sliverstone GP Circult: 1 hour endurance
Race 8: Spa: 1 hour endurance
Race 9: Nurburgring 24hr layout: 75 minutes endurance

In Forza 4 I was able to costumize offline races by selecting specific cars and then change the AI setting for each car separately. That way I did reproduce some historical races and some TV show-races.

For example on the "GT Channel" on youtube there are some old (~ 2010 - 2011) races of street cars on Tsukuba and Motegi with Japanese race drivers (for example: "NSX vs Rivals Thundering Battle at Tsukuba" or "Lancer EVO VS Impreza Battle of the Decade"). Really funny to watch and very interesting to duplicate. Most of the time I was able to reach the same result in the game as in real life (lap times and winner car).

Unfortunately something like this is not possible in GT6 right now.

In Forza 4 I was able to costumize offline races by selecting specific cars and then change the AI setting for each car separately. That way I did reproduce some historical races and some TV show-races.

For example on the "GT Channel" on youtube there are some old (~ 2010 - 2011) races of street cars on Tsukuba and Motegi with Japanese race drivers (for example: "NSX vs Rivals Thundering Battle at Tsukuba" or "Lancer EVO VS Impreza Battle of the Decade"). Really funny to watch and very interesting to duplicate. Most of the time I was able to reach the same result in the game as in real life (lap times and winner car).

Unfortunately something like this is not possible in GT6 right now.
I did this on Forza 4 online. I chose what I wanted AI to drive and what I would use. Then when I wanted money I would take an R15 and do 3 laps of TG.

A six lap mini endurance at the Nurburgring 24h. Time change set to 7, starting at 5:30pm or 4:00am, weather change at 1.

As for cars: AMG vs RS vs M. PP at 560 max. My mouth waters just thinking about it.

Funny thing, I could do this in GT5, minus the car/pp selection. As said above, this gave me months and months of replay value.

Hoping tha PD eventually decides to bring the fun back...

I just had a light bulb moment - whatever I create, in the end I'll need to hand out prizes, right? Who says it must be only credits?? If you finish in sixth, you get a paint chip; in fifth you get a voucher for GT Auto's....oil change or something. In fourth you get a racing suit. In third you receive a standard 380pp-430pp car. In second you get 431pp-475pp car. If you come in first place, you get 500pp+ car plus all the prizes that were given between sixth and fourth. Obviously the event itself should be challenging to make this a legit prize giveaway.

Hmmm,

Event title: SSR5 All Night I and II
Course: Special Stage Route 5 Forward(I)
Special Stage Route 5 Reverse(II)
Car restriction: Any race car(I)
Tuned/Modified car(II)
Tire and fuel depletion on
50 laps on both races
Prizes: All Night I: Nissan GTR Concept LM Race Car, Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car, Chevy Corvette ZR1 LM Race Car, Abarth 500
All Night II: Nissan GTR Nismo, Mazda RX 7 Touring Car, Formula Gran Turismo, Audi R8 LMS Team Oreca
Bonus for completing two All Night Races : BMW Z4 GT3, Lotus 97T, Toyota Yaris, Mazda 787B Stealth Model(prize cars may come at a random choice)

Last edited:
..The game already has the event creator but very few people are using it.

- we know, all it is missing is the options to use a.i. as adversaries and to save race/championships in "my events".

Nothing. The AI in GT is the worst ever on console, and no amount of event creation is going to fix that.

- like suggested before, if i could select tires for a.i. it would be more challenging.
ex: racing soft for a.i. racing hard for player.

People are creating plenty of Events using the GT Community Club feature.

- why not add the offline option? its as easy as it as ever been and adding options adds value to GT.

- we know, all it is missing is the options to use a.i. as adversaries and to save race/championships in "my events".

Why would you want AI? It's awful and you get much better racing with real people. Real life uses a full grid of real people. You don't see Formula One running to change out all of the cars for Drones and then give Seb Vettel a 30 second deficit to the lead car hoping he'll catch up by the end of the race do you?

You can save lobbies and events online. They're saved to your system storage to load up at any time, and when you're hosting for a racing group or bunch of friends that's exactly what you're asking for. It's not called "My Events" but it's the exact same thing.

- why not add the offline option? its as easy as it as ever been and adding options adds value to GT.

Have you tried Arcade Mode? That does pretty much what you want. If you want the cars to be more challenging then use an engine limiter to make it harder to chase the rabbit.

I think the main reason why PD spend so much time on the Online Features and making it 100% customisable is because PD are all about replicating real world racing. It's why they made Quick Match and are planning the FIA Online Championships as well as the recent Club Features. They want you to race properly against real people, not sit offline avoiding how the game should be played and moaning it doesn't have the stuff you want when it's already available and has been since GT5.

We are in the age of online gaming. Games like Battlefield 4 have paper-thin, painfully short Single Player modes with awful bugs and awful AI because they want you to go online (where they spend most of the developing time). Polyphony Digital are going down the same route and it's becoming more apparent with the updates. You can't live in 2005 forever and want Standard Cars and Offline gaming. It's nearly 2015. The age of true virtual reality (Oculus Rift) and mobile connectivity is upon us and Offline play will become even rarer in years to come and eventually disappear completely.

Back