"Ford Performance" Blue Oval Merges Ford Racing, SVT and RS into Single Brand + More

• Thread starter Slash
  • 667 comments

Slash

POWER BY FORD
Premium
United States
Indian Falls, NY
slashfan7964
Their SVT, Ford Racing and RS units are now all merged into a single "Ford Performance" brand and Ford is planning on releasing 12 new high performance vehicles by 2020.

Interesting move. Really a throwback to the total performance era of the '60s. Ford's going all out again. This is an exciting time for motorsports across all brands.

Thoughts?

http://blog.caranddriver.com/ford-p...e-banner-will-launch-12-new-vehicles-by-2020/

http://jalopnik.com/ford-promises-12-performance-models-in-five-years-in-on-1669834043

Last edited:
Their SVT, Ford Racing and RS units are now all merged into a single "Ford Performance" brand and Ford is planning on releasing 12 new high performance vehicles by 2020.

Interesting move. Really a throwback to the total performance era of the '60s. Ford's going all out again. This is an exciting time for motorsports across all brands.

Thoughts?

http://blog.caranddriver.com/ford-p...e-banner-will-launch-12-new-vehicles-by-2020/

A bold move, Ford's "Global brand" idea is stretching all the way to its perfomance brands. Whether it works or not depends on the quality of the perfomance models.

I'm really interested in these 12 new cars, and included in that is the Fiesta ST, Focus ST, Shelby GT350 Mustang, and the Raptor.

I wonder if this is paving the way for the release of a new Ford GT.

Last edited:
I'm really interested in these 12 new cars, and included in that is the Fiesta ST, Focus ST, Shelby GT350 Mustang, and the Raptor.

I wonder if this is paving the way for the release of a new Ford GT.
A new Ford GT? That would be cool. I have heard Ford is planning a return to Le Mans in 2016, with a GT successor of some sort.

Oh yeah, I quite like this idea. It makes a lot of sense considering now that all 3 performance brands are becoming global. I do have to say it's weird seeing 2 different Ford performance teams here in the US.

As for the thing about performance vehicles. WHAT?
Well, I know 4 of them are cleary the Fiesta, Focus, F-150, and the Mustangs.

12 new performance cars sounds good. New GT, Focus RS, there will probably be Mondeo ST and I'm hoping for AWD Fiesta RS.
Oh how I want Ford to make another Mondeo ST and it could be sold in the US as the Fusion ST. :D

Aaaaaand my windshield sticker is outdated. Goodbye, Ford Racing.

IMG_5098.JPG

But it does make sense to merge the divisions- just needs a better name. And why wasn't FPV merged as well? (even if they are dead in two years)

EDIT: My sign is outdated as well...

EDIT 2: And my swimming trunks. Dangit.

Hey, I'll spend 40 large on an allegedly sporty full size car with the interior space of a midsize car, the looks of an airport rental and the driving dynamics of an old Volvo.

Oh, wait, no. I'll just buy a 300S AWD instead.

If they're planning on actually offering more than just ridiculously high-performance vehicles, and continue to offer more basic and affordable performance options, I'm all for it. A wider dedication to sporting credentials, however, that'd be more appealing. I'd love to see them do something similar to what BMW has done with the M-Sport packaging on some of their models, offering a more credible suspension package for a nominal price, without adding extra power or gimmicky body pieces. More or less, I'd want a sportier but normal Fusion, Edge, or Explorer. We don't need another $40k+ sports car that not that many can afford.

I think the next GT should have the same engine as the GT90, but modernized. Maybe even paired to a KERS. V12 Quad-Turbo. End the hybrid hypercar competition by completely demolishing it, just like they did at Le Mans 50 years ago. And build like 50,000 of them and sell them for $100K, because 'merica.

Fraptor sounds like some form of coffee...

The new GT is rumoured to be unveiled at the Detroit Auto Show.

If they're planning on actually offering more than just ridiculously high-performance vehicles, and continue to offer more basic and affordable performance options, I'm all for it. A wider dedication to sporting credentials, however, that'd be more appealing. I'd love to see them do something similar to what BMW has done with the M-Sport packaging on some of their models, offering a more credible suspension package for a nominal price, without adding extra power or gimmicky body pieces. More or less, I'd want a sportier but normal Fusion, Edge, or Explorer. We don't need another $40k+ sports car that not that many can afford.

Million times this.

We need a brand that is going to produce $20k cars that perform like $60k cars. Assuming gas stays cheap, give us lightness and V8s. Make a sports compact and a sports huge.

Back