Mazda LM55 What's your thoughts about it?

United States
Ohio
smasherguy1020
Ok i was just looking through some rooms to do some racing and one room caught my eye. So i went into the confirmation screen to see what were they running and they were running LMP at La Sarthe and one car in the catogory caught my attention.

Edit: I just changed the title of the thread didn't think this would get so popular wow thank you guys. 👍👍:):):gtpflag:

Attachments

• 2014-12-21 13.45.36.jpg
    2014-12-21 13.45.36.jpg
    343.2 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
The car was added in 1.15, no car data, so not drivable until a new update:

0833 - VIZIV GT Vision Gran Turismo
0834 -
0835 - TS030 Hybrid '12
0836 - NISSAN CONCEPT 2020 Vision Gran Turismo
0837 - DP-100 VGT
0838 - GT-R NISMO '14
0839 - FT-1 graphite
083A - FT-1 Vision Gran Turismo
083B - Chaparral 2X
083C -
083D -
083E -
083F -
0840 -
0841 -
0842 - M4 M Performance Edition
0843 -
0844 -
0845 - Infiniti Concept
0846 - LM55 Vision Gran Turismo

Yes, the Mazda VGT is close to being revealed. More code info of it has been added with 1.15 (specs are in the game data already).

Edit: Treed by Whistle

If it basically was the Mazda Furai + Super Shmexy Kodo styling + I-Eloop, I would be quite the happy person.

It'll probably be just that. I'm also hoping for a Wankel powerplant of some sort, can't really have a Mazda LMP without that, you know? One can dream.

Also, Mr. Whistle wrote something interesting on the NeoGaf forums today, apparently he found some additional information from another source. Here's the full quote:

Whistle Snap said:

Mazda is in the car list and the Alpine has a slot prepared in the Vision GT section.

Somebody on another forum pulled the Mazda data from the spec database and it's slated for a 2014 release?
mazda_lm55_vision_gt_14 (LM55 Vision Gran Turismo)

Thoughts? Could we actually see the Mazda as a gift on the 2nd part of the GT6 Christmas Special?

Credit for this information goes to @Whistle Snap, of course.

Last edited:
This sounds like it could be amazing. Cannot wait to see how this pans out. Any new LMP car will be welcomed with open arms by me as they are my favourite class in motorsport.

Perhaps it will get Mazda thinking about a WEC programme and we'll see them up against Toyota, Audi, Porsche and Nissan for 2016 - 2017...

Last edited:
HOLY CRAP!!! Amazing! Never saw this coming so I guess judging by the name it sounds like it's going to be another VGT race car like the Toyota FT-1 VGT and the Mercedes-Benz VGT. Can't wait to see what it will look like though.

Yeah thats what i said but we wouldnt have it next month because the mazda page on the vgt screen has no pictures yet.

Actually smasher, that does not mean that the car is not close to release. Infiniti, Nissan, BMW and Chaparral all either lacked images or (In BMW's case) the image didn't match the actual final car. Nissan never had a picture for their car, and they revealed it first through their own network. BMW's original teaser (which resembled a I8) didn't match their final car (which resembled more of a heavily modified 2-Series coupe). Chaparral never had a spot on the VGT page to begin with, and GM first revealed the car through a teaser on the Corvette Facebook page. So, not having a image does not mean that the car is not complete and ready for unveiling yet.

What I am saying, in short, is that not having a teaser does not mean that the Mazda has yet to be completed. In fact, all this data that has been found for it means that we are really close to see it being unveiled.

Last edited:
I hope it doesn't turn out to be their LMP2.

2014-mazda-skyactiv-d-lmp2-prototype-race-car-photo-590316-s-1280x782.jpg

Haha, dear god no, I don't think Mazda would be that dense. And besides, why would they unveil a car that wasn't even fully built by them? (That chassis is a Lola chassis, IIRC) Also, speaking of racing liveries (because that Skyactiv livery is, well, rubbish), I hope we can get the LM55 with a Renown livery. You know, this one?
01.jpg

(Yes, I know I might sound a little too nostalgic. But if Mazda is bringing the number 55 up, they might as well go the whole mile, dangnamit!)

Have there been any rumors of a return to LeMans for Mazda? Would seem like it would be a waste of time and resources to design a possible LMP1 and not put it to use.

Actually smasher, that does not mean that the car is not close to release. Infiniti, Nissan, BMW and Chaparral all either lacked images or (In BMW's case) the image didn't match the actual final car. Nissan never had a picture for their car, and they revealed it first through their own network. BMW's original teaser (which resembled a I8) didn't match their final car (which resembled more of a heavily modified 2-Series coupe). Chaparral never had a spot on the VGT page to begin with, and GM first revealed the car through a teaser on the Corvette Facebook page. So, not having a image does not mean that the car is not complete and ready for unveiling yet.

What I am saying, in short, is that not having a teaser does not mean that the Mazda has yet to be completed. In fact, all this data that has been found for it means that we are really close to see it being unveiled.
Just to add to your list is the Mitsubishi.
You probably didn't think of that one because it just simply arrived.
No teasers, absolutely nothing.
It just turned up in the game, completely unannounced. :)

My prediction for the Mazda 55LM Vision GT:
4-rotor Hybrid Powerplant with between 600-800hp
Brief performance boost out of corners like the Toyota TS-030
Blends modern Mazda concept designs with futuristic racing aerodynamics and a racing livery inspired by the 787B
Likely to be a closed cockpit
Like many closed cockpit VGTs, no interior might be present on this car

Haha, dear god no, I don't think Mazda would be that dense. And besides, why would they unveil a car that wasn't even fully built by them? (That chassis is a Lola chassis, IIRC) Also, speaking of racing liveries (because that Skyactiv livery is, well, rubbish), I hope we can get the LM55 with a Renown livery. You know, this one?
01.jpg

(Yes, I know I might sound a little too nostalgic. But if Mazda is bringing the number 55 up, they might as well go the whole mile, dangnamit!)
If Mazda's Vision GT has the Renown livery, that would be awesome. Wouldn't be the first time. The RX-8 LM Edition wears the Renown livery and the number 55.

Back