Manufacturers Debut

• Thread starter Maldoxx
  • 148 comments
Brazil
Cascavel, Paraná
dragonsuniverse7
What manufacturers you want to see debuting on Gran Turismo 7? Also write why you want to see it in the game.

Example: "I want Chevrolet because there's a lot of historic cars, like the Camaro, Chevelle, Nova. Driving these classics would be really fun."

Any manufacturer is acceptable.

Porsche, not only because of 911 GT3 in GT3 A-Spec, but also I have several diecast cars Porsche in my room;

Indy Cars, because it would be interesting to see them in GT7 as we couldn't see them in GT5.

SMG Buggy because we need more rally raid cars in GT and it would be interesting to recreate a Dakar Rally;

X-Raid Buggy, because of same reason as SMG Buggy;

Koensiegg, because GT is not bigger enough without Koensiegg's;

Lincoln, because it would be a great manufacturer for GT and for all lovers of this manufacturer;

Saturn, because of same reason as Lincoln.

............Instead of suggesting individual cars, I get to nominate an entire maker??!!

......................GENIUS!!
smiley-laughing024.gif

On a more serious note, you shoulda take a gander at Car suggestions - it's packed to the brim with really cool stuff. And some not so cool stuff. And stuff in between. Pretty much every car maker ever existed in the history of motoring are covered. And if not, believe you me someone is planning a thread for it soon.
What I'm saying is, this thread feels a little.....redundant.
smiley-think006.gif

............Instead of suggesting individual cars, I get to nominate an entire maker??!!

......................GENIUS!!
smiley-laughing024.gif

On a more serious note, you shoulda take a gander at Car suggestions - it's packed to the brim with really cool stuff. And some not so cool stuff. And stuff in between. Pretty much every car maker ever existed in the history of motoring are covered. And if not, believe you me someone is planning a thread for it soon.
What I'm saying is, this thread feels a little.....redundant.
smiley-think006.gif
You just know someone is going to come along and copy/paste a wikipedia list of every car manufacturer in history and then we can close this thread
smiley-laughing024.gif

I would start with Škoda. I think it is about time to include those spicy RS models. Some classics would be nice as well.

And while it is easy to copy and paste every single manufacturer that hasn't been included yet, it is very hard to choose smart ones, since all of them won't and can't be included. That's what this thread probably aims for.

Last edited:
I would start with Škoda. I think it is about time to include those spicy RS models. Some classics would be nice as well.

And while it is easy to copy and paste every single manufacturer that hasn't been included yet, it is very hard to choose smart ones, since all won't and can't be included. That's what this thread probaly aims for.
:ouch: I forgot to include the Skoda..... :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

We need Skodas in GT7, like this one:
skoda-octavia-wrc-04.jpg

A lot of manufacturers listed on Wikipedia are already dead. Matej said the right thing about this thread. Let's say, i also hope for some Porsche cars, however EA, as always, doesn't want to share the license. Skoda would be good, since it's one of the most famous Russian manufacturers. Buggies, yeah! Also, i want Saturn too, especially because of the Saturn Sky.

Williams, both the vehicle development programme (CX-75, NisMo GTR Nurburgring record car type thing) and the F1 team, I mean they've done some interesting stuff over the time including 6 wheelers, cars with no suspension, CVTs and all that, and could even have all their F1 race stars in there.

A lot of manufacturers listed on Wikipedia are already dead. Matej said the right thing about this thread. Let's say, i also hope for some Porsche cars, however EA, as always, doesn't want to share the license. Skoda would be good, since it's one of the most famous Russian manufacturers. Buggies, yeah! Also, i want Saturn too, especially because of the Saturn Sky.
Skoda is not Russian, it's Czech.

Privateers can wait, there are so many of them. It is important to include massive and limited production manufacturers first. Venturi, Bently, Škoda and Saab would be a good example.

I wonder if Škoda (for example) ever caught PD's attention. Maybe the headquarters should contact them and impose themselves to PD. That would be of mutual benefit.

Last edited:
Kaz doesn't even know how to speak english. I think it's more probable Yamauchi learning english than Skoda appearing. But would be cool that imposition of Skoda.

Kaz doesn't even know how to speak english. I think it's more probable Yamauchi learning english than Skoda appearing. But would be cool that imposition of Skoda.
He does speak english, just doesn't prefer it for interviews when he's asked questions about the game, presumably because he doesn't think he can answer them as fully or accurately as he can in his native Japanese.

Yeah, didn't he appear on stage at the C7 Stingray reveal speaking English?

Plus... Translator-San does a good job of being a translator so it's kinda moot anyway.

But would be cool that imposition of Skoda.
Agree, someone must initiate the cooperation. Škoda should do it because PD isn't probably aware of their history and recently, position on the market.
He does speak english, just doesn't prefer it for interviews when he's asked questions about the game, presumably because he doesn't think he can answer them as fully or accurately as he can in his native Japanese.
That is a good call considering there are plenty of questions regarding the (fragile) future of the series that require accurate and understandable answers.

Well, since Oullim Motors was added, my hopes of seeing different manufacturers grew a lot. I mean, c'mon, there's Oullim Motors, why not Skoda, Koenigsegg, Vector, Saturn, Baojun, Noble, BAC, Saab and others?

Well, since Oullim Motors was added, my hopes of seeing different manufacturers grew a lot. I mean, c'mon, there's Oullim Motors, why not Skoda, Koenigsegg, Vector, Saturn, Baojun, Noble, BAC, Saab and others?
Funny Fact: Oullim Motors is Korean and Japanese don't like Korean cars.

Bentley is already in the game, but I want a Continental SuperSport so badly.
Rolls-Royce would be fun. If Kia ever makes that Stinger, that'd be a neat little car, maybe the Pirelli Optima can be in too? Saturn I'd want because of the Sky, and I can't think of any more not mentioned.

Bentley is already in the game, but I want a Continental SuperSport so badly.
Rolls-Royce would be fun. If Kia ever makes that Stinger, that'd be a neat little car, maybe the Pirelli Optima can be in too? Saturn I'd want because of the Sky, and I can't think of any more not mentioned.

I agree with everything you said.

Funny Fact: Oullim Motors is Korean and Japanese don't like Korean cars.

That's probaly why Kia is not in the game. But seriously, Oullim Motors? Does they have any other models than the Spirra Prototype?

I agree with everything you said.

That's probaly why Kia is not in the game. But seriously, Oullim Motors? Does they have any other models than the Spirra Prototype?
Well, they added a premium Hyundai Genesis 3.8 in the game, Kia only sold 2 units in Japan so Kaz probably don't know the existence of this car manufacturer.

Well, they added a premium Hyundai Genesis 3.8 in the game, Kia only sold 2 units in Japan so Kaz probably don't know the existence of this car manufacturer.

If he doesn't know Kia, he's dumb. Kia is the one of the Big Two in Korea.

If he doesn't know Kia, he's dumb. Kia is the one of the Big Two in Korea.
But not in Japan

Where Polyphony Digital is based

And Kaz will spend most of his time

As will his workforce

Because Kia sold just 2 cars in Japan

Japan is not South Korea

They're different places

Separated by many miles

So Kaz probably hasn't quite got the memo about the Korean big two

Which by the way, is there really any other serious Korean car maker?

................Serious? Judging by the cars knocked up by Ssangyong, no, not really, but little known fact is, even Samsung makes cars - currently Renaults. Then there's GM Korea, formerly known as Daewoo. Some say, Daewoo saved GM's butt when they were in trouble by selling truck loads of Chevy Cruze in China, amongst other cars...

Back