GT7 & E3

• Thread starter NoLimitz80
  • 1,028 comments
United States
Wisconsin
NoLimitz80
NoLimitz80
What kind of showing do you expect there will be at E3 this year for Gran Turismo 7? For example do you expect just a teaser? A full trailer? Recorded gameplay footage shown on floor? Recorded gameplay footage behind closed doors? A Live guided demo on floor or behind closed doors? Live playable demo on floor or behind closed doors? Etc...

For me if its a 2015 release there needs to be a trailer with gameplay shown and to have a live playable demo available on the floor.

For a early 2016 (Spring time) release I expect at least a trailer with gameplay and a behind closed doors playable demo.

What are your thoughts?

..........I expect holiday 2016 as earliest GT7 shipment date. Judging by how GT6 tease was handled, nothing this year, then something early next year, maybe a full reveal towards release date. But definitely nothing this year - can you just imagine the uproar, what with two rather "popular" features yet to arrive, and PDI advertising the next game in the series?

I'm expecting nothing really.

However PD knows the element of surprise.
Maybe a teaser and then one race for gameplay.

Something better maybe, like what Hideo Kojima did for Silent Hills with P.T. Except with GT you get something called R.T (Racing Teaser) and in that you have 2 races to do, 1 is just offline showing new AI, sounds etc. 2nd race is online but to test stability and the latter.

I think that's how it should be done so any criticisms from that kinda teaser can be sorted and the bugs ironed out. Therefore it can at least give more surety for solid full release

I think they will show GT7 in E3 (or even before E3). but only a trailer or gameplay? I dont know!
Its 4,5 years that we have GT Academy every year. Maybe this year it will be a new generation academy and I don't think that making 1,2 tracks + 2,3 cars + new physics is that hard!

Oh, this early? Well..
There will be no traditional trailer that will blow racing fans' minds anymore like back in the day because of GT6's mis-steps, and because of some other community assisted project's approach on the same subject.
But I hope they will find the way back into the front line by: introducing new manufactures like Porsche, new models like Huracan and LaFerrari, expanding tuning possibilities, larger field of race modifyable cars, deepen the immersion by adding dust, birds etc.
I see it so that the only possible way to convince the audience is actual gameplay trailer of all the new features, add-ons and smoothness.
If there is promises, which I strongly doubt, this time they must materialize!

We have one big promise already. Kaz said something like "Everything will run naturally" on PS4. Obviously Yamauchi-san means framerate, doesn't he?

It would be very easy to throw up a very short trailer, shot with only 2 or 3 cars on 2 or 3 tracks, as a teaser. It doesn't even have to be PS4 footage, it could be PC footage with dubbed sounds like the trailers for GT6 which didn't seem to bother the diehards at all. Most probably didn't notice. I'm sure they've been working on upgrading the tracks so you only need take a couple as the cars are already next-gen ready. Easy peasy.

I expect nothing. E3 tends to be Forza's turf when it comes to racing games around that time.

Expect nothing and don't be disappointed. I love GT to death, the only racing game I'll probably ever delve into, but PDI dropped the ball with GT6 bad. It's possible for a massive rally, but I'll take what they give and carry on with life.

What kind of showing do you expect there will be at E3 this year for Gran Turismo 7? For example do you expect just a teaser? A full trailer? Recorded gameplay footage shown on floor? Recorded gameplay footage behind closed doors? A Live guided demo on floor or behind closed doors? Live playable demo on floor or behind closed doors? Etc...

For me if its a 2015 release there needs to be a trailer with gameplay shown and to have a live playable demo available on the floor.

For a early 2016 (Spring time) release I expect at least a trailer with gameplay and a behind closed doors playable demo.

What are your thoughts?
Full Trailer and Recorded gameplay footage.

GT7 announcement is yet to be made and you're discussing E3 already?

PD will announce GT7 100% before E3 2015 as it has to be out on Holiday Season 2015 along with its competitor.

Coming March 15th, i dont see GT being the game, everyone will be waiting for now. Project Cars i think will blow GT out of the water. Project cars gets more money to get more cars in the game. I think GT will come in 2nd. GT had chances to deliver and kinda failed. PC In march, forget about GT at the moment

Coming March 15th, i dont see GT being the game, everyone will be waiting for now. Project Cars i think will blow GT out of the water. Project cars gets more money to get more cars in the game. I think GT will come in 2nd. GT had chances to deliver and kinda failed. PC In march, forget about GT at the moment
Ain't gonna happen I'm afraid. The breadth or scope of Project Cars is limited strictly to racing. There are street cars but the entire game is about racing. No upgrades, no bizarro tire options, no painting, no customizing, no game economy, no garage to build etc. It's intended to be a racing simulator focused on racing, not a "game" in the sense that GT is about much more than just racing and you have to play the game for extraordinary amounts of time to acquire all the content. Project Cars you get everything on day one and go racing on or offline or take up any of the numerous Time Trial challenges. Practice is there of course.

It'll destroy GT on the racing front, but GT is about so much more than racing that I don't think the two games are really competitors, more like complimentary.

We'll see a driver carrying his/her helmet under arm. Walking through the back of the garage to the back slaps and high fives of team personnel. Then bright background light from the the pits as the driver gets close to the car. Helmet goes on and driver enters the car. belts get tightened, switches are flicked. Start button pushed. Paddle engaged and leaves out pits... "GT7P Winter '15"

Since GT7 is scheduled for a 2015/2016 release, the best time to announce to game and show a trailer will be this year's E3 2015, they will have time to build the hype for the game if it releases in 2015 or 2016, either way I think we will see GT7 this year, most likely E3.

PD is already working hard on the game which is why GT6 updates are slowing down with every update.

Since GT7 is scheduled for a 2015/2016 release, the best time to announce to game and show a trailer will be this year's E3 2015, they will have time to build the hype for the game if it releases in 2015 or 2016, either way I think we will see GT7 this year, most likely E3.

PD is already working hard on the game which is why GT6 updates are slowing down with every update.

So a 2015/early 2016 release would leave us with an unfinished GT6 and probably an unfinished GT7. I wouldn't mind getting GT7 late in 2016 with first demo on E3 2016. Pcars will come out soon, until then I jump back to GT5

I don't consider a 2 year range of possible release dates, a "scheduled" release date. When we have a date or a target, then you have a release date.

Ain't gonna happen I'm afraid. The breadth or scope of Project Cars is limited strictly to racing. There are street cars but the entire game is about racing. No upgrades, no bizarro tire options, no painting, no customizing, no game economy, no garage to build etc. It's intended to be a racing simulator focused on racing, not a "game" in the sense that GT is about much more than just racing and you have to play the game for extraordinary amounts of time to acquire all the content. Project Cars you get everything on day one and go racing on or offline or take up any of the numerous Time Trial challenges. Practice is there of course.

It'll destroy GT on the racing front, but GT is about so much more than racing that I don't think the two games are really competitors, more like complimentary.

Last part I can agree with if that is the case, but then again who knows we'll have to wait and see until then. I do admit though if it's a true simulation not Simcade which is what most of these games we've been talking about are. I might not be buying it I'm becoming more of a fan of other racing games, but I've never like that "Here it is now go play with it approach" at least when it comes to games period. That doesn't just apply to GT/PC talking even new games of other genres too.

Talking about PC destroying GT7 while we have Zero ideas of what GT7 will looks alike ...

Back