How Can I turn off Force Feedback Completely In GT6

• Thread starter nesa
  • 14 comments
Australia
Australia
At times I'd rather the luxury of playing a game while relaxing - not having to have an arm workout, just smooth, easy, trouble free steering. How can I make my steering wheel not violently jerk, spin and shake?

Steering wheel model is Thrustmaster T500RS with TH8A Shifter.

Thanks

At times I'd rather the luxury of playing a game while relaxing - not having to have an arm workout, just smooth, easy, trouble free steering. How can I make my steering wheel not violently jerk, spin and shake?

Steering wheel model is Thrustmaster T500RS with TH8A Shifter.

Thanks

Turn feedback max torque down to 0?

I am not sure if this applies to your wheel but I have a DFGT and you can simply unplug its cable from the power mains, leaving it just connecting to the Ps3 via its USB. This maintains the wheel controller functionality but there is no FFB as there is no power going to the motor.

This will probably work with your wheel to but beware! I have read it increases the likelyhood of burning out the USB cable so I have only drove without FFB when driving high power cars like the Red Bull X2010. If you are struggling with FFB turning it down to just 1-3 using the in game settings makes a significant difference with the driving feel of the majority of cars.

I am not sure if this applies to your wheel but I have a DFGT and you can simply unplug its cable from the power mains, leaving it just connecting to the Ps3 via its USB. This maintains the wheel controller functionality but there is no FFB as there is no power going to the motor.

This will probably work with your wheel to but beware! I have read it increases the likelyhood of burning out the USB cable so I have only drove without FFB when driving high power cars like the Red Bull X2010. If you are struggling with FFB turning it down to just 1-3 using the in game settings makes a significant difference with the driving feel of the majority of cars.

I have done that with a previous wheel but I just couldn't drive it because the wheel didn't auto centre.

I have done that with a previous wheel but I just couldn't drive it because the wheel didn't auto centre.
Yes good point I forgot to mention. I seem to recall it was bearable if you unplugged it after either first joining the track or after it calibrates on game load - haven't driven without FFB for a while.

I tried unplugging the power cable but the wheel doesn't respond (buttons and steering wheel won't work).

Turn feedback max torque down to 0?

The lowest available options for max torque are 1, and if I select that I can still feel the heavy vibrations/jerks/spins whenever I spin out on the track or go off-track into the gravel/barrier.

The lowest available options for max torque are 1, and if I select that I can still feel the heavy vibrations/jerks/spins whenever I spin out on the track or go off-track into the gravel/barrier.

Turn sensitivity down as well maybe? drop them both as low as they can. I doubt that pulling the power would work on the Thrustmaster though, without the calibration when it powers on I would be very suprised if it works at all. Even if it does it will be very tricky to drive with the steering wheel that won't centre on its own.

Back