If there is a Red Bull X2015, what would you want it to be?

💡 💡 💡 I would want the X2015 to have a million horsepower engine, and rockets coming out of its exhaust :dopey::dopey::dopey: I'd also want that huge fan on the back to be replaced with a cannon, preferably a bunker buster one :sly::sly::sly:

But seriously, I think the X1 line would be more awesome if the engine had more than 6 cylinders (6 1/2?? :sly:) no I'm kidding, I want a V12 or a W12 engine in an X1. And I wish they'd put back those vertical fins on the back, they removed it for the X2014. Those vertical fins make it look very cool.

Realistic and F1 like. Actually scrap the red bull and put in some F1's
Then you'd have F1 2015. But an lot more realistic. And that would be awesome.

Actually, ditching the Red Bull X series for a Formula GT evolution would be a great idea, especially now that Vettel is out of Red Bull.

Last edited:
I too would prefer the Formula One car (the RB11 this season) to any Red Bull X. The F1 licence belonging to Codemasters makes that difficult though...

What if they put the RB11 in the game, but to get around trademarks, call it the "Red Bull Open Wheel Racer"?

Last edited:
I too would prefer the Formula One car (the RB11 this season) to any Red Bull X. The F1 licence belonging to Codemasters makes that difficult though...

What if they put the RB11 in the game, but to get around trademarks, call it the "Red Bull Open Wheel Racer"?
It would look cool, but sound like a turbocharged vacuum cleaner.

My possible X15 scenario:

• More power than the current X14
  • More downforce from the fan and aero.
  • Active aero e.g. DRS, automatic adjustable front winglets
  • Hybrid system ala F1 2014 with a useable boost button mapped like the Nissan VGT

A piece of code found by Whistlesnap in one update, that disappears in the next, ala Alfa VGT project.
They canned the Alfa VGT project. I wouldn't count on his finds as confirmation of anything.

X15?

1. Active aero, more so than right now. Airbrakes and the like. DRS less so, it has the power to overcome the drag up to 300 Mph, which means it'd be pretty meaningless on most tracks.
  2. I find it difficult to see them providing more power, but I do see hybrid systems. A light weight 4 cyl mated to an electric motor system. This will lead to a possible increase in weight, and less power but it will help packaging of the car, and thus, aero.
  3. 8 speed gearbox, similar to their F1 cars. Shorter ratios will help make up for any "losses" in acceleration from weight and power differences brought on by #2.

Fast.

Seriously though, if there's another Red Bull car, it would go the same way as the X2014: making the car more efficient. As the car is designed to push the human body to it's limits, it can't be much faster than the current Red Bull cars. The X2014 can be just as fast as the other RB although being the least powerful. A new car would have an improved body work, maybe a hybrid powertrain and/or active aero. But they would have to compromise somewhere else so the car's performance is still within the human body's limits (such as lowering the engine's power, like in the X2014).

They canned the Alfa VGT project. I wouldn't count on his finds as confirmation of anything.

I was merely using WS's findings (true or not) as a structure for a little sarcasm towards the Red Bulls (which we haven't had for a while)

I wasn't counting on his findings for confirmation on anything. Obviously I know Alfa seems to have pulled out.

The fact you didn't see it as a throw away sarcastic joke, had to pass comment, leads me to believe you're not really English. :sly:

I'm gonna like your post because it made me laugh more than mine.

I was merely using WS's findings (true or not) as a structure for a little sarcasm towards the Red Bulls (which we haven't had for a while)

I wasn't counting on his findings for confirmation on anything. Obviously I know Alfa seems to have pulled out.

The fact you didn't see it as a throw away sarcastic joke, had to pass comment, leads me to believe you're not really English. :sly:

I'm gonna like your post because it made me laugh more than mine.
I hadn't read it properly, I guess.

Is Adrian Newey still at RBR?
Yeah, taking a back seat role now. Felt F1 regs were too restrictive so wants to persue other projects.

Is Adrian Newey still at RBR?

Technically yes and more than likely had some say in this years F1 car.

RBR have big affiliation with Renault obviously, and Renault also have an alliance with Nissan, that's where Infiniti comes in.

So he's in the family fold.

Theoretically he could be tasked to design production or racing projects for all three or just one of those.

Infiniti, Renault, Nissan super/Hypercars is where I'm hanging my hat. Woot Woot!!!!!!

Last edited:
I could see a further evolution of the Red Bull X car having a hybrid system on the extreme edition of it.

1. active aero.
2. an actual spinning fan.
3. graphene chasis and body
and the X series needs a car that fills the gap between the junior and standard car.

Though I am not a huge fan of the Red Bull X-Series cars (being a car outside of real-world regulations), I believe there is still a spot for them in GT as there are players who do support and use them frequently.

In terms of upgrades to the current model I prefer them to be subtle. Like notStig said, the X2015 should be a evolution of the X2014 with minimal adjustments.
Though my opinion would keep and slightly upgrade it's current variants, it'll also add 2 new variants. One new variant is a transition car to prepare Junior drivers for the Standard and Fan Car, the other adds a Electric powertrain to the layout.

Also, these are a bit more expensive than the current models (and I do believe the current ones need the price increase too.)

Updated originals:

X2015 Junior (750,000k cr): Entry Level X-Series Car with a slight bump in power over X2014 Junior. Powered by a 220hp 2.2-Liter I4 with a 12,000rpm redline mated to a 7-speed gearbox, along with aero is similar to the X2014 Junior but more adjustable. The weight gets a slight increase to 570kg

X2015 Advanced (4,500,000cr): New name for the X-series Standard. Aero gets a slight adjustment, allowing for higher straight-line speeds while still being stable in the corners. It will still use the same engine as the X2014 Standard.

X2015 Fan Car (8,000,000 cr): Engine remains the same, yet it's gearbox is upgraded to an 8-speed. There's enhanced high-speed stability thanks to a more powerful fan. However, the car gets a slight weight increase to 565kg due the added parts.

2 New Variants:

X2015 Electric (1,500,000cr): Simply a X2015 Junior with the engine swapped out for a 270hp 200kw Formula-E system with a single speed gearbox that has an adjustable gear ratio. To compensate for the additional torque, the car will have a bit more downforce than the Junior.

X2015 Standard (2,000,000cr): The new Standard. A upgraded version of X2015 Junior set inbetween Junior & Advanced. A compact 495hp V6 is mated to a 7-speed gearbox. Downforce is more than that in the Junior and Electric, but less than the Advanced. Due to the slightly bigger engine, the car is a bit heavier than the Junior at 575kg.

Last edited:
Back