1.16 General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter FoRiZon
  • 226 comments

FoRiZon

(Banned)
Singapore
Singapore
Vision Gran Turismo
The "MINI Clubman Vision Gran Turismo" has been released.

After the update has been installed, the car can be purchased from the [Vision GT] option within the [CARS] section in "My Home". Alternatively, it is also possible to obtain the car by completing a lap (regardless of the lap time) in the new Seasonal Event, available only for a limited time.

Mid-Field Raceway
The popular original track of Gran Turismo makes a comeback with further refinements! This high speed circuit is built on a mountain landscape full of inclines and descents. It is further made dynamic by the famous grade separated crossing where the direction of the lap circle changes, and its long flat out sections and mid to high speed corners.

B-Spec Mode
"B-Spec" mode, where an AI driver races for the player, has been implemented in all Career Mode race events. You can use B-Spec for races you might find difficult to complete such as some of the longer endurance races, or when you just want to enjoy watching the race. You can select [B-Spec] from the Quick Menu displayed before the start of an event race in [Career Mode].

"Paint" options expanded
The [Paint] options have been expanded and it is now possible to paint the custom rear wings. In addition, the option [Select from an already painted colour.] has been added to the Paint menu to make it easier to paint the body and the wings with the same colour.

Additional cars available to paint
It is now possible to paint the body of the "Mazda LM55 Vision Gran Turismo" and the "Chevrolet 2X Vision Gran Turismo".

Other improvements and adjustments
- The steering wheel controller force feedback has been weakened for the Red Bull X Series Fan Car.
- It is now possible to view the content of the Seasonal Events from the Community featuresavailable on gran-turismo.com

Discuss anything 1.16 here!

http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/00_3293873.html

i1KFJYhns2QCMz.jpg

i1n9hrPmmjmUG.jpg

i19dTK6VZL9.jpg

i1Q7LbrRDtdAh.jpg

(Reserved for more content)

Last edited:
When you get the preview screen of your new Mini VGT, it looks huge because the camera is zoomed in more than usual.

Midfield time of day settings are from 9:30 to 18:30, no night time option.

The Mini can have most settings adjustable, ride height is blocked out, no power upgrades available. It sounds similar to the RedBull Junior but is it's own unique sound.

Will be downloading at some point today.:),the CWC has been taking up alot of my time recently.Anyone done a B-spec race yet?

Finally, it has arrived! B-spec will be something for me to check out, since we don't have this multiple driver management system anymore (especially when the fact the longest "endurance" race in career mode is 24 minutes long). Looking forward to Mid-Field Raceway as well, but we're still waiting for the course maker feature...

We know the update is quite large...but I'm quite surprised about how fast it installs, unlike past updates when it took as much as twenty minutes...this one took only a few minutes after download to install! :)

So, i've been playing with the update for maybe half an hour and i have to say this:

1.Midfield Raceway is brilliant. It's has inclines, declines, bumps and is simply fantastic to drive on.
2.Because of the maintenance i haven't received the Mini yet
3.I am so dissapointed to say this, but B-Spec isn't what i thought it would be. I've already completed all the Career racing events so it will be quite frankly useless. I would love the separate career concept that was to be found in GT5, but i never had the chance to play GT5 due to the prices of the console and game back then.

No official physics change (improvement) in 1.16 just before PCars?
Another kick in the butt for hardcore GT fans from PD and SONY

Really looking forward to getting home from work and downloading :)

Was really hoping for endurance races with B-Spec though. Maybe thats for a future update or endurance seasonals perhaps????

Back