Update 1.16 Undocumented Changes

Happy with the update?

• Total voters
United States
USA
This is not a discussion thread.

•Bugs and Glitches? Here.

•EW&C? Here.

I will be sorting what you find by time of post, and everything found will be put into the OP, with links. Good luck!

Pictures would be great, if possible!

Undocumented Changes:

•Handling changes, the cars feel heftier than before.

•When painting something, you can choose 'Select from a previously painted color' instead of digging through your paint chips. It is documented, but not explained. Link

•There appears to a perception change when driving, making the driving feel faster.

•If you save a replay, the gallery will show an A or a B next to it to signify what mode it was raced in. Link

•Volume of exhaust sound within interior view has been lowered.

•Hint of course creator scripting. Link

•The pit-stop dialog box in B-Spec mode has a message stating that it will close automatically. Link

•It appears that the Chaparral 2X "Time Warp" glitch has been fixed. On SSRX, at full speed in this car, everything would seem to be in slow motion.

Last edited:
Only custom wings could be painted, but found out that the 'standard' wing from the Mazda Roadster Touring Car is paintable !

Crappy phone-photo:
IMG_20150226_122121.jpg

Good find, but it's documented.

Ai seem faster .. took me a lap to catch them on midfield . Never happened to me before it was always 2/3 corner. If I am honest gt6 is over for me it's just not fun unless you race with mates online.

eran0004
It's poorly documented. I understood it as it only applied to the wing paint feature, but apparently it applies to all paint features.

Fair enough, I'll add it back. In my opinion, it isn't explained thoroughly.

Last edited:
Ai seem faster .. took me a lap to catch them on midfield . Never happened to me before it was always 2/3 corner. If I am honest gt6 is over for me it's just not fun unless you race with mates online.
i felt like this was because i was slower, (because corner entry speed had to be lower) rather than the ai was better... there must be some way to test this

@eran0004 ds3. i have a wheel tho - should set it up again

i felt like this was because i was slower, (because corner entry speed had to be lower) rather than the ai was better... there must be some way to test this

No defiantly faster ai ...I was in the Vgt mazda and a normal 787b was keeping pace even when I was in the slipstream for a whole lap.. set it to 10 laps full aggressive arcade mode .. but lap 9 I caught a rabbit train in the tunnel . Then I turned gt6 off I just cannot be bothered with it anymore . I think I am more intrested in gtp than the game it represents

Anyone else have this experience? I need some thoughts.
Force vectors are more realistic, front lifts more on acceleration, rear doesn't lose its weight during braking= less lift up, sideways movements presses more traction to outer tires and inner side maintains its own weight+ grip more realistically.
Even when putting better grip tires car body movements are now closer to real.
During braking body weight force vectors are now changing direction closer to real, body mass is pushed against front tires more realistic way.

There may be also have some small adjustments on tire compounds grip levels, or it can all be because of this weight transfer change or small changes to reducing softer compounds grip, and adding more on harder compounds.

Only custom wings could be painted, but found out that the 'standard' wing from the Mazda Roadster Touring Car is paintable !

Crappy phone-photo:
IMG_20150226_122121.jpg

Maybe it's all the TC models? Anyone care to try?

I guess those of us that have lots of Motec laps saved might be able to see if there is a consistent difference.

This update is a let down. Where's track maker? Looks like it will be in 1.18 update. Yea there is a 1.17 update to come but we all know that will be a hotfix.

I have something to say, could be an undocumented change.

1. The cars definitely have weight

2. Could be placebo, but I feel like I'm actually driving fast.

Yeah, I went with a stock S2000 to Nordschleife and I was like "holy crap, this feels faster". And it's not a particularly fast car. And there is something about weight transfer/suspension work too.

Back