Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus SCG-003C + Stradale

• Thread starter G.T.Ace
  • 80 comments
Germany
Bonn
GTAce
So, this is it, Glickenhaus' newest creation.
It was possible to follow the development through facebook, but the actual shape was kind of a secret until now. The goal was to create an LMP style car, but for the road and for customer based GT3 spec racing.

d5mif8bjtq9d1k8ieik8.jpg

zjetoa5n2vbs3c8hrztu.jpg

azfgckcbyu89lsunha9d.jpg

otas8spokez8gaxdre4w.jpg

ubpprw6a4yl8ocoecl9f.jpg

rf2mvyocsvvpumujcn9t.jpg

In racing form, the SCG003 is powered by a 3.5 twin-turbo V6 based on Honda's HPD engine, but further developed by Autotecnica Motori and badged as an SCG.
http://jalopnik.com/scuderia-camero...ource=jalopnik_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

I think it looks wonderful and I love the concept.
I hope it'll be successful on and beside the racetrack.​

Last edited:
I think it's nicer than the LaFerrari but it's got nothing on the P4/5. I really want to see the interior of the road car!
It's less retro than the P4, which fits to the concept. I actually think it looks better than the roadcar P4/5, the race versions are... equal.

It's like the aborted rape-baby of an Enzo and a Ford GT.

I don't much understand this car. Is it racing in an an LMP class? Are you allowed to do that with road going versions?

Looks nothing like a Ferrari or rather not recognisable as one, looks more Japaniese IMO.

The roof, windshield, and side windows look very similar to those of a Koenigsegg. The nose is highly reminiscent of the Enzo.

It's kind of an obvious mash-up of existing designs, but it's well-executed, unlike, say, the Predator Xtreme. I like it.

I don't much understand this car. Is it racing in an an LMP class? Are you allowed to do that with road going versions?
Like I said in the OP, it's supposed to race in GT3, or maybe GTE in the future.
It's a prototype GT car hybrid.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the render-like quality of the road car pictures isn't helping. I think that seeing this thing, in the flesh, next to other cars, will really be profound. SCG, give us some non-studio photos!

If I recall correctly, their goal was 600hp and 2400lbs. I'll take that over 800hp and 3600lbs (Porsche 918) any day.

I like it.

However, I don't see it being very successful if they are trying to make a profit from selling the race version as there are plenty of options from established brands that probably offer better support. If they are just going to run it themselves like Bentley and Cadillac have I think it will do just fine though.

I like it.

However, I don't see it being very successful if they are trying to make a profit from selling the race version as there are plenty of options from established brands that probably offer better support. If they are just going to run it themselves like Bentley and Cadillac have I think it will do just fine though.
From what I've gathered, some teams already stated they're interested.
They'll run races themself though, including the VLN and 24hrs Nürburgring (2 car entry planned).
We'll see how that baby performs, but I'm confident it will surprise some people.
The P4/5C was also pretty quick and that wasn't even built after proper FIA regulations.

That looks interesting. Any mention of pricing? I'm assuming around $600k?
Napolis
60-180 mph it will run with a La Ferrari, P1 and 918.

At the Ring it will run 6:40's for 24H

Base race 2.1mm euro
Base road 2.3mm euro

Chassis 001, 002 and 003 sold

001 and 002 will race the N 24.
I like it.

They've already sold 3 race models; road car orders start at Geneva.

I never said they wouldn't sell any, just that they may have a hard time selling enough to continue supporting them and developing a successor.
And I never implied that you did, either. Merely showing per Jim's words, they've already sold 3 race cars before the reveal; seem to be on the right to track to success.

I think the render-like quality of the road car pictures isn't helping. I think that seeing this thing, in the flesh, next to other cars, will really be profound. SCG, give us some non-studio photos!

If I recall correctly, their goal was 600hp and 2400lbs. I'll take that over 800hp and 3600lbs (Porsche 918) any day.

What did I say?! This thing looks stunning from that rear shot.

Back