Cars in GT6 that has PS4-Ready graphics.

• Thread starter syntex123
  • 664 comments

syntex123

Currently lurking!
Premium
Norway
Færder
syntex123
Syntex260Z
After seeing the video lagged (10-12fps or so) in the VGT gallery view the MINI Clubman Vision Gran Turismo, I began thinking. After doing some extreme close-ups in Photo Mode, I began scratching my head. Is this MINI PS4-Ready?
Look close at the gaphics. No jagged edges. So smooth all over. Few other cars in GT6 is this smooth.
Is GT7 graphics already shown in GT6? I do believe GT7 will be more optimized and polished, but think of the polygon count + adaptive tessellation.

Look at this. Extreme close-up. So smooth.

Give me your ideas, and share pictures of the cars you think is PS4-Ready!

image.jpg

Last edited:
After seeing the video lagged (10-12fps or so) in the VGT gallery view of this car, I began thinking. After doing some extreme close-ups in Photo Mode, I think I got it confirmed. Is this MINI PS4-Ready?
Look close at the gaphics. No jagged edges. So smooth all over. No other cars in GT6 is this smooth.
Is GT7 graphics already shown in GT6? I do believe GT7 will be more optimized and polished, but think of the polygon count.

Look at this. Extreme close-up. So smooth.

Give me your ideas!

Adaptive tesselation?

Well, despite having an interior, the car still is incredibly well-modelled. A bit too well-modelled for me. I mean, no other car car has so much detailing than the Mini VGT. Yes again, it doesn't have an interior. But even the tiniest and smallest details and bits of the car are perfectly shaped, without any jagged or rough edges or corners.

Gemasolar.jpg
Gemasolar_1.jpg
Gemasolar_2.jpg
Gemasolar_4.jpg
Gemasolar_5.jpg
Gemasolar_7.jpg
Gemasolar_8.jpg
Gemasolar_9.jpg

It could be Adaptive Tesselation. But think again, Adaptive Tesselation has been applied to all premium cars, also to the VGT cars. And none of them looks as detailed as this.

Ah but a great many people would be cheesed off if we lacked any interiors in the next iteration of GT, Personally it doesn't bother me too much but it would be nice to have them for the immersive feeling if nothing else.

Besides knowing PD's past track record of removing stuff from one game to the next I wouldn't bet money on having the VGT's in GT7, I'll see myself out with that ;)

@ghostrider135 I would like all standards to be semi-premium over detailed interior. The silhoutte works fine, we won't stare at the dash when racing anyway, but I get your point.

I think VGTs stick around. Since so many cars are yet to come, and GT7 is "ready to come", and Kaz said it will come soon enough when people have played through GT6, I think they'll continue with it in GT7, so the rest of the manufacturers can still develope their cars, but for GT7. Why delay GT7 just because there still is VGTs yet to come? Might take a year or two before all VGT registered manufacturers will have their car in Gran Turismo anyway. Continuing on PS4 and GT7 would be the best, so that GT7 can come when it's done, and not delayed because of slow manufacturers not delivering their VGT car "fast enough." But that's my thought.

@ghostrider135 I would like all standards to be semi-premium over detailed interior. The silhoutte works fine, we won't stare at the dash when racing anyway, but I get your point.

I think VGTs stick around. Since so many cars are yet to come, and GT7 is "ready to come", and Kaz said it will come soon enough when people have played through GT6, I think they'll continue with it in GT7, so the rest of the manufacturers can still develope their cars, but for GT7. Why delay GT7 just because there still is VGTs yet to come? Might take a year or two before all VGT registered manufacturers will have their car in Gran Turismo anyway. Continuing on PS4 and GT7 would be the best, so that GT7 can come when it's done, and not delayed because of slow manufacturers not delivering their VGT car "fast enough." But that's my thought.
At the rate they're currently releasing, I'd say they'll finish Vision GT this year in GT6.

Maybe. But even if they do, I still don't think they discard them when GT7 comes. The manufacturers included in this VGT project is clearly proud of their cars. It would be a shame not to include them in GT7.

I think so too. People always bring up the unique concepts brought to GT4 and was removed later in GTPSP and GT5 and say it will be the same for the VGTs. That is a weak argument. Those concepts wasn't in a VGT program haha.

Some cars have been ps4 ready since Gt5 prologue! If I remember correctly, even the headlights of the Ferrari F40 are so detailed that you can see the "Made in Germany" writting enbossed on the plastic.. That is some serious attention to detail.. I'll try and update my post with a screenshot!

I think either this Mini has seriously maxed the polygon count for the PS3 to render, or PD is trolling us, or they're teasing us.

@Stephanos82 I do think some cars in GT5P looked better than the finished ones in GT5 yeah. Yeah please post a screenshot :D

I took this pic back in 2011 in Gt5(?). I apologise for taking a picture of the monitor with my phone but I couldn't find my hard drive to copy it! :(

20150227_231833.jpg

20150227_231820.jpg

20150227_231549.jpg

All screenshots in photomode of course. In practise mode (while time attacking) I tried taking a pic of the same F40 headlights and all the enscription was missing - it's as if a much much simpler headlight was used.

*Pics look way more lifelike straight from the monitor - pic taken from it with an old Note 2!

It does look very well modelled. The adaptive tessellation is a great thing but it is a bit varied in the new GT6 models. It's not consistent. A couple of key areas where poor modelling can be easily spotted on the premiums new to GT6 are in the wheel arch, the rims and the round light fittings.
Look at the GTO's wheel arch here:

Clear lack of adaptive tessellation.
Yet the Lambo here in this unedited shot has beautiful arches and very well modelled body work - especially the seams:

However, the level of detail in some of the cars is astounding:
(This is an unedited close-up of the flank of a Veyron)

And this one of the Alfa TZ3, while jagged curves can be clearly seen, the rest of the detail is exquisite:

And the mighty Benz VGT (touched up a little but no jaggie corrections needed)

And finally in the Berlinetta, the headlight casing and other curves are sadly not that great - before and after digital cleaning up:

So I'm hoping that the Mini is a step forward - it certainly seems so. There is a finesse to the curves for sure!!! I don't think the lack of interior should detract from being PS4 ready. It could have been part of the brief that no interior modelling was required. The only VGT with an interior is the VW open top - which would have looked terrible with a black interior, lets face it!!! The only give-away for me that the Mini is perhaps not PS4 ready is the quality of the reflections - they are still jagged.

A handy hint - if you go looking at the detail through photomode, make sure you actually take the photo as on many models, the adaptive tessellation happens after you take the shot. Things can still look jagged in the viewfinder, but once you take the shot the magic happens.👍

I'm pretty sure all the models with adaptive tesselation are PS4-ready (at least the 3D meshes), as well as many of the GT5 non-tessellated premiums. I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of standard cars got updated textures and just harnessed a faster and more efficient polygon tessellation with the upgrade in processor power to look decent as well.

Great post, both words and photos @Giulietta73 :) I agree fully to what you say. :cheers: But about the reflection - that could only be poor surface rendering caused by the limits of the PS3, idk.

@Quakebass I hope what you say about standards is true. I would love to see more standard cars with decent quality! Especially the Infiniti G20/Nissan Primera. :D

Back