• 123 comments

Dotini

(Banned)
United States
Seattle
CR80_Shifty
1) Take a TS030 on IM tires to the 24 Minutes of Nurburgring
2) Set for "Push the Pace"
3) In a few seconds the "Pit" indicator will turn on. Turn it off.

Leave and come back in about 27 minutes and collect 614,000 credits!

Note: A lineup without the McLaren F1 GTR race car(s) is preferred.

Except I've found the "Edit" GT World championship to be better with less chance of bob messing it up, Each race can be done between adverts on the tv and then periodically go back and start the next race during the ad breaks.

Roughly 140k per race
Roughly 400k for championship win.

Last edited:
Except I've found the dream car championship to be better with less chance of bob messing it up, Each race can be done between adverts on the tv and then periodically go back and start the next race during the ad breaks.

I've ran the NB 24 minute race several times today with the rocket and it wins every time so long as the pace is set at the begining. If you forget to set the pace up it will fall short

If you are looking for a quick one to run like the wind SSRX is probably the best choice 140k in just over 4 minutes and is an easy win in any one of several different cars.

Oh don't get me wrong I'll stick bob on a couple of laps of Route X for an easy quick quarter million but when the tv is on ad breaks are usually every 10-15minutes so time isn't wasted by bob doing nothing :)

.........I'm keeping a solid eye here; looks like a thread for quite a few like-minded folks such as me....
Ran 24 min Le Mans with Chappy 2X, and got a solid 500 grand while I got some work done. Will try the Toyota later. :D
Disclaimer: Chappy 2X IS terrible - pits after every second lap.

Not the quickest money in the game but cheap..... A fantastic value is the 2006 corvette Z06 for $94,500 Maxed at 630pp with stock trans can do almost 300mph, it does Like the wind event in 4:15-ish

Corvettes have to have the longest 6th gears in the game

Not the quickest money in the game but cheap..... A fantastic value is the 2006 corvette Z06 for $94,500 Maxed at 630pp with stock trans can do almost 300mph, it does Like the wind event in 4:15-ish

Corvettes have to have the longest 6th gears in the game
The 6th gear is used for highway cruising. Lower revs means less fuel consumption (right?).

So far of the cars I have tried in like the wind the Mercedes AMG VGT is the quickest turning times of 4:07 - 4:09
This with just oil change, all power upgrades, RH tires and trans set top speed to 286 The Veyron was close at 4:11 followed by the Audi R10 TDI Stealth and the Mazda LM55 VGT.

Also tried the Zonda C12S which managed around a 4:18 and an easy win.

Today I have mostly been letting the Bob drive the rocket on the ring while I catch up on my TIVO recordings, will be headed to the dealership to buy the P330 in a bit :)

I've ran the NB 24 minute race several times today with the rocket and it wins every time so long as the pace is set at the begining. If you forget to set the pace up it will fall short

If you are looking for a quick one to run like the wind SSRX is probably the best choice 140k in just over 4 minutes and is an easy win in any one of several different cars.
Do you tune the rocket or keep it stock?

Rocket has all engine upgrades and I had the low rpm tubro installed, RS tires and trans- top speed set to ~190mph. PP 643

I just found a line up on NB 24 that gives Bob a pretty good run usually he takes the lead at the end of the first lap or early on lap two but this race he was about 5 miles into the last lap before taking the lead.

Top contenders were the Viper race car, both F1 race cars and the Citroen GT only managed about a 10 second win against those cars, previous races were all at least 30 seconds ahead of the pack.

I did not realize I had the low rpm turbo, will try it with the high rpm turbo and use the power limiter to get it down to 650 and see how it does.

Edit: changed it to the high rpm turbo and power limiter set at 91.2 to get 650pp. Am going to try again against that same lineup. Will post the result after the race.

Edit2: Took 1st at end of 1st lap, final result 30 seconds ahead of the F1 GTR race car. definitely better with the new setup.

Last edited:
1) Take a TS030 on IM tires to the 24 Minutes of Nurburgring
2) Set for "Push the Pace"
3) In a few seconds the "Pit" indicator will turn on. Turn it off.

Leave and come back in about 27 minutes and collect 614,000 credits!

Note: A lineup without the McLaren F1 GTR race car(s) is preferred.

I have found that a 100% stock TS030 @ 615pp with RS tires, all aids of except SRF "ON" will beat any lineup in this race. Yes, SRF does affect B-Spec performance........:lol:

And you don't even have to waste valuable time to alter pit stop instructions or press "Push the Pace" button to do it.........👍

Last edited:
I have found that the TS030 with RS tires, all aids of except SRF "ON" will beat any lineup in this race. Yes, SRF does affect B-Spec performance........:lol:
I do not think the aides make any real difference in B-Spec. I tested it yesterday and Bob was only 1 second faster on SSRX with TCS 0 and SRF on and set to push hard than he was with no SRF TCS 5 and my own pace settings. Bob still slowed down to the same speed in the corner as he did without the SRF on.

The rocket with max power on RS tires easily beats every lineup I have saw thus far. I'm sure there are a few other cars that will do so as well.

Just for curiosity I will try the rocket again with SRF on and see if Bob is any faster on NBR

The rocket is also much cheaper to repair once it starts to wear out than an LMP would be

Edit:btw tested rocket with SRF on, no noticeable difference in lap time from when it was off

Last edited:
Huayra '13 reached 303mph at RouteX "like the wind" in about 4:00,xxx laptime only push hard setting, no intervention.
so that would make 700.000 at least and room for loading and starting.
But you must restart every 4:30 minutes, so i think the 24minutes races are a better choice so you have some more private time.
I believe Apricot, Silverstone and ascari don't have rain, but i'm not sure.

.....................I do not think the aides make any real difference in B-Spec. ..................

My 12 runs at Nurb TS030 indicate that aids do in fact make a difference....In some cases with SRF "ON" and SRF "OFF" it resulted in 1st place vs. 4th place with the same lead cars.

More testing to come...........👍

Using the push pace can make a huge difference as Bob is more likely to try to pass and not be willing to follow other cars around the track.

With SRF on Bobs first lap around the ring just now was 9:10.xxx in previous races without SRF he has turned about the same times on his first lap best was 9:06 and worst was 9:13 so with SRF on he is right in the middle of that range. One would think you would see a large gain on a track such as this if it were actually doing anything.

I've been running the same race, but with a unmodified R18 instead. I just set the AI to 'Push it Hard!' and leave it, easy win, even with either version of the McLaren F1 in the race.

Reading of people winning race after race in Bspec but My Bob can't do better than 3rd in the 24min races at Nurb, spa or Sarthe. In the Mazda LM or Toyota ts030. Not even close. I keep trying it different configurations of tires and input as well as zero input and it's not even close.

The only good payout race Bob will win for me is like the wind.

The login bonuses don't work somehow on the championship.

False. They work just fine for me. Make sure you are logged in. Also, I prefer to use my Huayra in Like The Wind on Route X. I have two TV's though, so I can grind all day if I wanted to while watching TV on my main 60'' Sony. I have a pretty convenient setup really, the ultimate mancave, except its actually my bedroom. :lol: You have to understand my living situation to really realize my setup, but I have everything in here, complete with a mini-fridge and a microwave. :sly: The only time I need to leave my room is to use the bathroom......I'm still working on that one. :sly: :lol:

I'm grinding right now while watching Top Gear and browsing GTP....life couldn't be better, well, it could, but this is the lemon-aid which I have made with the lemons life has given me. :P Not a bad deal really, all things considered. ;)

Reading of people winning race after race in Bspec but My Bob can't do better than 3rd in the 24min races at Nurb, spa or Sarthe. In the Mazda LM or Toyota ts030. Not even close. I keep trying it different configurations of tires and input as well as zero input and it's not even close.

Have you tried the rocket like I described? I have ran a bunch of races with it and the only time it did not win was when I did not set the pace up one notch. Even against the fastest cars that appear in the race it wins by a margin of 10-30 seconds.

Also note that it is important to not own any wet tires for the car you are using as Bob will want to pit to change tires if you do and that can cost you positions.

I am going to try a couple of other cars and see how they do but from what I have saw so far the rocket is a good choice for Nurburgring and for Willow and I would think Ascari also

Well, my TS030 @ just 615pp has won every time @ Nurb 24min race when I did this:

Step #1 - Bought a NEW Toyota TS030
Step #2 - Went into the 24min @ Nurb Event
Step #3 - Turned (AS, TC, ASM, ABS) to "OFF" or "0"
Step #4 - Turned SRF Aid to "ON"
Step #5 - Purchased and installed RS Tires
Step #6 - Started "B-Spec" Race
Step #7 - Came back 30 minutes later and had a "win"
Step #8 - Restored frame rigidity after the TS030 reached 340 miles on the odometer

Also, this is completely anecdotal data, but I am also sensing/discovering that "Bob" might be losing his competitiveness after many races. I cleared my system cache and early testing indicates he is running fast like he did when I first fired B-Spec up..........👍

I'm here to learn too, just let me know what your result is and I am happy to help..................👍

Last edited:
You do not need to restore the frame after only 340 miles, don;t pay any attention to that little yellow indicator in the pit service area. You can go a lot more than 340 miles before the rigidity becomes an issue

You do not need to restore the frame after only 340 miles, don;t pay any attention to that little yellow indicator in the pit service area. You can go a lot more than 340 miles before the rigidity becomes an issue

Thanks for the tip. At what point have you seen a deterioration in performance?

Thanks for the tip. At what point have you seen a deterioration in performance?
I really can't say for sure. I thought that maybe there was a little drop off in the rocket after 1300 miles and restored it at that point but am really not sure it needed it then.

The oil is another story. In the pit service area it will show you yellow frame and green oil when in reality a frame restore will not do anything for you and an oil change would grant some HP back to the car. The oil change thing does not seem to turn yellow until the power drops below what it was before the first oil change. After 300 or so miles an oil change is not a bad idea. Also keep in mind the cost of the restore and rebuild options when choosing a car for grinding. LMPs can be pretty pricey, more so than to build a street car where street cars are generally pretty cheap to restore.

As a test I set up a Speed 8 for the race using the power limiter to get it down to 650pp and RS tires on it.

1st race I turned on SRF 1st lap was 8:53
2nd race I turned off SRF 1st lap was 8:48

I would imagine the difference was due to traffic rather than SRF

btw the Bentley won in a walk over 1 minute ahead of the closest AI car even though it did have to pit for fuel after lap 2.

Last edited:
Back