irritated with circuit de sierra

• Thread starter silverjr65
  • 23 comments
United States
United States
I'm just at a loss right now. I race with a group of guys who I consistently beat in seasonal. Any other room I drive in I can constantly get podiums but, for the life of me I can not get within 20 seconds of them on sierra. Even practicing by myself the fastest I can pull is 8:16 with a 555pp grand sport. They constantly running 8:05 or lower in the race even if I pass them after they mess up they still just fly on past me again. There is something I'm doing wrong I don't know if its my tune or just my driving. Now mind you they are running Miuras, spykers, all the top cars. But the other day a guy came in and ran 7:50 in a 02 type r. That was frustrating as heck, I was like on paper my car was supposed to be quicker but to no avail they all were just gone I couldn't even hang in their draft. So yeah I'm frustrated.

I'm just at a loss right now. I race with a group of guys who I consistently beat in seasonal.
Ask them how much time they spend on the seasonals.
It could be you're trying harder on the seasonals.

Literally nearly anyone could beat my time in seasonals... since I just do them to get the bare minimum, & collect the prize.

It could be that's what your friends are doing. So you're not seeing their best in their seasonal times.

I thought that at first but we had a conversation about seasonals. many of them said that they weren't getting the times they wanted so they stopped trying so that means I was beating them when they were trying. I am almost sure the difference lies in between tuning and skill because when they are not running their miuras and spykers im right there with them. after I posted this I tried running my one 77 @ 555pp and it took off a full 2 seconds through the first 2 sections even the acceleration was lackluster compared to my grand sport. it just rotated so much better into the turns unlike my vette where I have to force it even though its on the threshold of manageable and crazy spin out loose it still understeers like heck when the power comes on. ill try the beemer but I try to steer away from cars that are known to be quick and heavily used online. we also ran a vette on vette race and mine was the quickest

Wait a minute...
You're trying to compare someone's time in a top car to your time in a lesser performing car?
And you're wondering why you're slower?
:confused:
I'm very confused now.
If you know you're not using one of the top cars... then you shouldn't be confused as to why people running top cars are faster.
:boggled:

lol hmmm how can I explain it. I guess I expected more out of the vette. I didnt expect it to be so inferior I cant keep up running a spyker against 5 others and winning isnt as satisfying as using a different car and winning to me. But you make a good point and it was something I was already thinking about. I appreciate your insight. as I understand it the cars with cockpits are premium and the standards dont have one. if that is so then my vette is standard. is there that much of a difference between the two. please excuse my ignorance this is my first gt game since gt3

The first two sections I'm a second to two behind so pretty much from the get go. Once I'm on the back straight unless I'm close enough to draft they are gone. Ive run both a c8 and my grand sport back to back it adds up. The c8 passes the yellow mark on the wall on the small straight after turn 4 in the high 22 low 23 mark Vetter passes at high 23 to low 24 second mark. First checkpoint is :31 to low :32 and mid 32 to low 33. 0-400m c8 is a little over half a second quicker.that adds up in acceleration out of the corner. I'm using the 8 as an example because I do not have a Miura. I would have had an issue with the nsx but after driving the one 77 and its 48/52 distribution it adds up because it rotates easily which allows me to power out of the corner earlier than with the 54/46 of the Vette. I could change the ballast but the drop in acceleration is noticeable as the HP to weight ratio goes up 2.17 to 2.25 or 2.30 I might change it anyway and rearrange the upgrades so the torque up from 509 to 56?

These guys dont run one makes run whatever you have that is competitive or you feel comfortable in. I did do that once with my rs200 competition really equaled out and the race was fun. People didn't leave because they were getting completely dusted

Well here's the thing... if people are using whatever they want...
Not all cars are equal.
And some people are just going to pick the best car at whatever PP. Because they want to win.

The difference on Sierra, I think can be particularly severe early on because of the incline, and particularly big for a whole lap, because the track is so long.

Also, something just occurred to me...
You do know that PP is NOT a very accurate system, right?
First it's WAY off when it comes to different classes.
But even in the same class, with the same type cars it can vary wildly, particularly depending on the track.

Our club (Makeshift Shuffle) has tested well over 100 cars now, in order to group them into lists and order them by speed... and if you look at our test times (with various drivers of varying talent), you can easily see just how deceiving the PP system really is.

If you want people to use unusual cars on track, unfortunately, it has to be in a system that FORCES it. (That's what we do.) Because most people, given a free choice, will choose the car that's going to win.
So either you have people driving lesser used or more interesting cars... and falling behind. Or you wind up having a race with just 2-3 of the best cars all the time, and knowing exactly who will win in what car given a long enough race.

Ask them how much time they spend on the seasonals.
It could be you're trying harder on the seasonals.

Literally nearly anyone could beat my time in seasonals... since I just do them to get the bare minimum, & collect the prize.

It could be that's what your friends are doing. So you're not seeing their best in their seasonal times.
Same here, just a credit grab, won't even do them if it's a paint color I do not want.

lol hmmm how can I explain it. I guess I expected more out of the vette. I didnt expect it to be so inferior I cant keep up running a spyker against 5 others and winning isnt as satisfying as using a different car and winning to me. But you make a good point and it was something I was already thinking about. I appreciate your insight. as I understand it the cars with cockpits are premium and the standards dont have one. if that is so then my vette is standard. is there that much of a difference between the two. please excuse my ignorance this is my first gt game since gt3
You need to run against them in the same car with no tuning, then run again in the same car with tuning. See how you do then.

Well here's the thing... if people are using whatever they want...
Not all cars are equal.
And some people are just going to pick the best car at whatever PP. Because they want to win.

The difference on Sierra, I think can be particularly severe early on because of the incline, and particularly big for a whole lap, because the track is so long.

Also, something just occurred to me...
You do know that PP is NOT a very accurate system, right?
First it's WAY off when it comes to different classes.
But even in the same class, with the same type cars it can vary wildly, particularly depending on the track.

Our club (Makeshift Shuffle) has tested well over 100 cars now, in order to group them into lists and order them by speed... and if you look at our test times (with various drivers of varying talent), you can easily see just how deceiving the PP system really is.

If you want people to use unusual cars on track, unfortunately, it has to be in a system that FORCES it. (That's what we do.) Because most people, given a free choice, will choose the car that's going to win.
So either you have people driving lesser used or more interesting cars... and falling behind. Or you wind up having a race with just 2-3 of the best cars all the time, and knowing exactly who will win in what car given a long enough race.
Sadly this is true I have run into very few rooms with varying cars. Yea I realized that immediately with some cars its kind of like no way this is this slow. When I'm in the room on the entry board out of 8 racers 4 are c8's 2 muiras 1 nsx and one weirdo. As I said I really a appreciate your insight it helps alot. @knot check out post #4

Yeah well, that's the way it's going to be if you allow free choice. No way around it.
I mean even if you're the sort of person who's more interested in the cars and not putting an emphasis on having a chance to win every race all the time... you still don't want to be left behind and be racing alone, as you have found out. :(👎
That's no fun.
So that's what happens.
The only way to prevent it is to put more strategic restrictions on which cars can be chosen at what PP, etc.

When I can find a new group to run with that does that I think ill be happy. But it may a long shot because looking at the open lobby it looks like gt fan crowd is dyeing slowly the only ones who will be left are the die hard players

Pub lobbies are kind of a dying thing, not because only die-hard players are left... But because there's so much more in organized clubs now, and Quick Match for just casual jump-in racing.

I suggest you peruse the Community Clubs.

And even more... there are a lot of different types of interesting organized schemes that people set up here on the forum. 👍
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/categories/gt6-online-racing.335/
And people are always looking for others interested in the same types of racing. 👍
There are MANY very well run clubs & series here on the forum, with the kind of parameters set to make for good racing.

And not all like this:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...g-wsc-x-mona-no.292323/page-135#post-10419459
:lol:

Yes, I'll run with you to test it out. Just let me know when and We will open a one make room and run a few different cars around. I like one make races anyway.

I'm game I'm usually on psn anytime so it'll be more of when you are availiable. I'm always looking to learn something new.

Pub lobbies are kind of a dying thing, not because only die-hard players are left... But because there's so much more in organized clubs now, and Quick Match for just casual jump-in racing.

I suggest you peruse the Community Clubs.

And even more... there are a lot of different types of interesting organized schemes that people set up here on the forum. 👍
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/categories/gt6-online-racing.335/
And people are always looking for others interested in the same types of racing. 👍
There are MANY very well run clubs & series here on the forum, with the kind of parameters set to make for good racing.

And not all like this:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...g-wsc-x-mona-no.292323/page-135#post-10419459
:lol:
Well I will definitely check some of the clubs out, it seems like they are place to be. Yea that last forum I was like what the heck. That was one heck of a room name it had me laughing for a while lol.

Well I will definitely check some of the clubs out.

If you are free on Sundays between 17:00 and 19:00 GMT we would be happy for you to try us - below a few of the championships planned for 2015.

Combined Poster Winter & Spring 2015.jpg
Combined Poster New Summer Autumn 2015.jpg

Just wanted to add to this, as a straight 550pp alone will never give you a mixed pack, you definitely need to restrict things further to get any kind of decent racing. This is why I used to use a lobby setup of 500pp, 400bhp max and 1100kg minimum. The racing is close when the driver skills are close, cars can be very unusual and often the underdog will be a surprise winner, and most "casual" ramming type players will stay away because they can't get their Veyron down low enough to bring it out.

It's netted me quite a few really good races in the past, with some quite diverse grids. Here's my trolling Mini though, lol

It's also worth bearing in mind that it's often more beneficial to remove parts rather than power restrict, as you can often hit those same lower figures with much more pp in hand to remove some ballast.

Last edited:
Back