B-Spec Racing?

• Thread starter RuddRacer
  • 30 comments
United States
Texas
RuddRacer
While B-Spec racing has never been a top priority for me in the GT franchise I am happy to seem them continue to enhance the game and would not mind giving it a try.

My question:

Did or are they going to release some new "racing" content for it?

I'm having trouble finding value / entertainment for B-Spec if its only intention is the existing career mode (takes just a few weeks to complete) in a game that is over a year old.

it is most likely that they will not add any events for b-spec, and none have already been added, so yeah, probably not. Sorry.

Why do you think you're so sure about this? :confused:
Simply because they haven't already. I mean after however long it took you would have thought they would have made them already no? I actually have no idea, but I would say probably not. Plus, in GT5 there were separate(ish) events because it was a separate(ish) campaign. Here you can just choose between the two.

It is possible that they might make b-spec seasonal events though. We will have to wait and see. :)

Simply because they haven't already.

Considering they keep adding stuff (& take awhile to do so)... this is is an unusual reason to think they won't. :odd:
It should be reason to think they will indeed add something more... when they get around to it.

IN GT5 they had that group racing where you could run your friends Bobs in races.
I wouldn't be surprised if they introduce something like that again.

Of course the ultimate, I think, would be if you could go online and have live races racing your Bob against other people's Bobs.
:lol:

i dont think they will ever add any B-Spec ONLY events but I think they will add dual A-B Spec events where you can choose if you A or B

but i dont think B will be popular because you arent actually getting one of your trained drivers to participate like in GT5

Considering they keep adding stuff (& take awhile to do so)... this is is an unusual reason to think they won't. :odd:
It should be reason to think they will indeed add something more... when they get around to it.

IN GT5 they had that group racing where you could run your friends Bobs in races.

Of course the ultimate, I think, would be if you could go online and have live races racing your Bob against other people's Bobs.
its just a guess based on human nature. Although Kaz has proven multiple time that he does not run on your every day human nature :lol:
So yeah, in the end, I dunno. :dunce:

While B-Spec racing has never been a top priority for me in the GT franchise I am happy to seem them continue to enhance the game and would not mind giving it a try.

My question:

Did or are they going to release some new "racing" content for it?

I'm having trouble finding value / entertainment for B-Spec if its only intention is the existing career mode (takes just a few weeks to complete) in a game that is over a year old.
In my opinion, B Spec was, and still is, an easy way to earn extra credits. That was its only benefit. I used to win the Indy 500 every night whilst I slept. Now however, with no endurance races, I don't see it being very popular.

I used to use the seasonal B Spec events to earn extra credits while taking my kids to school or doing chores, but lots of people complained about them and PD stopped updating the B Spec seasonals.

This new form of B Spec seems a completely pointless box ticking exercise to me - i.e. We said we would have B Spec and now we have - box ticked.

I think, so i think, it's not a fact, that there will be no career b-spec content beside the addition in the normal career races.
And because there's not much room anymore in the main menu, but then again, the menu can expand in width.💡
What could be possible, that maybe, just maybe, there could be a season b-spec event every 14 days.
But this is all speculation.:odd:
I would like an extra b-spec career mode, but not for credits but to win cars.:sly:

Agree, this would be fun. Would add a change.

My thoughts on B-Spec based on what I have done with it is a 🤬 total waste. If you can't train your driver and you only have 3 commands what's the point? :dunce:I've been trying to win the shifter kart championship in IA. I couldn't win it myself so I tried it with B-Spec. The B-Spec driver is worse than me!:crazy: At least I can win the first 2 races, where my Bob finishes 5th in the 1st 2 races and is last on the little tiny kart space race. I've tried running this championship 4 times now hoping Bob would learn but the best Bob can do is an overall 6th place. PD blew it with this feature. They should have used the time for the course maker.

My thoughts on B-Spec based on what I have done with it is a 🤬 total waste. If you can't train your driver and you only have 3 commands what's the point? :dunce:I've been trying to win the shifter kart championship in IA. I couldn't win it myself so I tried it with B-Spec. The B-Spec driver is worse than me!:crazy: At least I can win the first 2 races, where my Bob finishes 5th in the 1st 2 races and is last on the little tiny kart space race. I've tried running this championship 4 times now hoping Bob would learn but the best Bob can do is an overall 6th place. PD blew it with this feature. They should have used the time for the course maker.

Remember the B-spec historic cup at Côte d'azur, even when BOB was level 40, if he was overtaking at the end of the tunnel, what happened? yes, he hit the left wall at the chicane and went from 2nd to 7th or 10th place.
Half way the tunnel you had to command him to stay back.

So sometimes BOB needs help and sometimes not, but some races he needs a kick in the....depends on the race and the car.
One thing bob does very well, he knows to stay on track and often recovers from sliding.

edit: btw, bob often brakes too early.Press X on those points shortly (kick him in the....)(don't forget the R1 button when you press X ;))

I was a tough love owner of Bob in GT5, I didn't allow him the use of any aids haha!
I really liked how in GT4 if you told Bob to give 'er, he would go all nutball and careen off the track!
Only have Gt5 and Gt6, so i guess i missed something.
But when i took a level 40 and three bob's with level 0 with a redbull on endurance races, those level 0 often did some crazy stuff and often a 360 when stamina was down. (was it stamina? anyway they got very tired)

Remember the B-spec historic cup at Côte d'azur, even when BOB was level 40, if he was overtaking at the end of the tunnel, what happened? yes, he hit the left wall at the chicane and went from 2nd to 7th or 10th place.
Half way the tunnel you had to command him to stay back.

So sometimes BOB needs help and sometimes not, but some races he needs a kick in the....depends on the race and the car.
One thing bob does very well, he knows to stay on track and often recovers from sliding.

edit: btw, bob often brakes too early.Press X on those points shortly (kick him in the....)(don't forget the R1 button when you press X ;))

What does the R1 button do? I'll gladly try your suggestions and see what happens.

I haven't played GT6 in weeks but for some reason now that B-Spec is back .......I fired my PS3 and find myself mindlessly grinding for credits. I earned over 300,000,000 credits in GT5 B-Spec and now that it's up and running in GT6 I am running it in the background and playing Assetto Corsa in the foreground...............:lol:

I guess I am trying to make up for all of the ground that I lost to the Glitchers who did that "land grab thing" for the free credits in the very beginning of GT6......:lol:

What does the R1 button do? I'll gladly try your suggestions and see what happens.
In B Spec, if you hold the R1 down it'll bring up the list of commands that you would normally use - X gas, square brake, etc., even the ability to use D pad to control his steering. It's really fun in the NASCAR events...

While B-spec is racing, Press R1 button, you see the gamepad icon turn blue and you can give the commands to BOB with left/right/Triangle/Square/Circle and X.

BUT!!! just one tap to command is not working like in GT5, R1 activated is REALTIME COMMANDING.
As long as you hold a button, that command is almost DOMINANT and active, loosen the button, command is gone, and bob takes over..
Why almost dominant? RouteX the corners? Bob drove at 416KMH, pressing X to go faster did not do it there, bob stayed at 416KMH.
Redbull standard, pressing and holding X before corners, bob overshot the corner, so it was 100% dominant there.

Here are the redbull races with BOB.And those races are not a B-spec lean back and see if bob wins, You need to kick BOB a lot.

I've been trying to win the shifter kart championship in IA. I couldn't win it myself so I tried it with B-Spec.
Just tried shifterkarts, but BOB did 2 laps himself because i was making coffee
And i had to kick bob.The two bob laps messed it up, only got 2nd.

It is possible, but does not mean, you can do it just like that, it takes practice.

first do oilchange on the shifter kart (or engine rebuild) 52BHP
b-spec=push me hard
Traction=0
sliprecover=off
DS3=7
only used R1+X so bob stopped being a scared cat.
And use other cars to brake late (bump them)
first try, with the two coffee laps.
shot0017.png

Then again, but this time, BOB had me breathing in his neck the fulll 8 laps.
1.188 seconds win.
shot0018.png

Last edited:
For the shifter challenge, there's a mind numbingly easy way to win. Set the pace to Push it hard!, keep your finger on R1 and triangle (overtake) and force him back on the juice before and through and out of the corner. He takes the lead in the last lap every time.

The shifters aren't much of a challenge after they dumbed them down in one of the updates.

As for B-Spec in general, I've been waiting since day 1 and got excited it finally arrived. Three days of playing and haven't touched it since. Massive anticlimax. Bob needs to have level progression back with his own events. He's too slow and dumb in A Spec.

It actually feels like it could be a decent trainer for the people who don't drive as well though. When to get the power down out of the corners and forcing later braking.

Did you try using the real time commands where you take over gas, brake, overtake, lane change, etc.?

In B spec mode on GT5, you could build your drivers up but I see no way to that in GT6! Also are we stuck with just 1 driver on GT6 B spec mode?

In B spec mode on GT5, you could build your drivers up but I see no way to that in GT6! Also are we stuck with just 1 driver on GT6 B spec mode?
I'm OK with the way it is now. It's not like I am going to use B-Spec that much anyway. Really think it would be fun to create an online lobby with it.

I'm OK with the way it is now. It's not like I am going to use B-Spec that much anyway. Really think it would be fun to create an online lobby with it.

I agree with you! I was just curious is all! Thanks for the reply!

Back