online lobby problems after 1.16 update

Skygrasper550

Back and forth between gaming and Gunpla
Premium
Philippines
Philippines
skygrasper_550--
I'm sure everyone enjoys the 1.16 update, what with Midfield Raceway, B-Spec and the new MINI VGT out now for players all for free. Me, I don't know, I can't seem to enjoy it, because I've been encountering a bit of an issue that hasn't occurred at any time before the update. Basically it's this...

For example, I enter a public lobby that has 10/16 players. Let's say all 10 of the other players are on track as I enter the room. So okay, I pick a car then I go out on track. As I do my laps around the track, I see more people join the room and some of the players on track go back into the pits and into the Lobby Menu (I'm guessing it's to tweak their car or choose another car or whatever) So that means the number of people on track go fewer in numbers. As I do more laps, I then started to wonder... what happened to the newer people who just joined in on the room? How about the people that went back into the pits and off-track, but are still in the room? I noticed this bit because I was talking to some of the players in the room; they claimed they are on track but I can't see them zooming around. I said "I only see 4 cars" but one of them said "I see 10" and I'm like WTF :confused::confused::confused: that can't be right... Even with my average internet connection I know for sure I can still see people getting on-track, but today this has happened on every single lobby I entered. I join a lobby, and those people who have joined in after me seem to be on-track, but I can't see them. And I honestly think I'm not the only one affected by this, because in a few of the lobbies I entered, I had some friends come in. I couldn't see them but I know for sure they're on track.

I enter this lobby, there are 8 cars on track, I go in so that makes it 9 cars on-track, then my friend comes in. He doesn't seem to be on-track after a minute or so, and while that's happening, two people go off-track and never return. Minutes later, the lobby gets filled. Then for some reason, my friend sets the fastest time on the track and I didn't even see him zoom past me O_o The room is full but I see only 7 people on-track. I leave the room, re-enter it and boom, everyone was out there on the track o_O. I know for sure I'm not the only one affected by this, because that friend of mine did the exact same thing that I did; I left the room and re-enter it, and find that everyone in the lobby was driving around the track. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Not only you, this happen to a lot of people me included

IKR?? This doesn't even happen before the update, even if the room was lagging very badly. You could still see newer people coming in to the lobby and go on-track, and you can see their cars zoom past you if you park somewhere. I honestly can't enjoy the new update because of this.

Updates with more content are ok but pd there are bugs online that break the gameplay and enjoyment.
this bug annoying me, and sorry but i don't remember when this bug appears

This happen to me too, seeing 5 cars and others see 10...I switched to PC games online. I also didnt have too much problems with GT5 online racing (not flawless though).

Happen to me from the start.

Not 1.16 specific. Here's how we solve this in our leagues :

- People who don't see the right number of cars on track should exit, reboot and rejoin.
- If there are still problems, the guys who were not seen on track by the other reboots as well.
- If a lot of people - don't see / are not seen by - a lot of others, it's time for a new lobby.

- People who don't see the right number of cars on track should exit, reboot and rejoin.
- If there are still problems, the guys who were not seen on track by the other reboots as well.
- If a lot of people - don't see / are not seen by - a lot of others, it's time for a new lobby.
That was the solution in GT5 as well:tup:👍. Nothing has changed much in several years really.

We had quite a few problems last night. @nascarfan1400 flipped his lid on PD, and I think we all did to. We were doing a support race for our 1hr 30min enduro with Red Bull Jrs at Mid-Field. We had room problems for six hours before we could get the race started, and even then there were problems. We made at least 5 new rooms. People kept disconnecting and still werent able to enter the lobby. We all even took a 20 minute break and turned off our PS3s to let them cool off. Get your act together PD!:crazy:

IIRC this happens since the update that contained the community feature, and hasn't been fixed since then.

No, it's always been a problem since GT5 with not seeing people, but it's definitely more prevalent since 1.16.

My friend who usually hosts lobbies every night without a problem, good internet, suddenly nobody could join him, and other lobbies I went in everybody was complaining about not being able to see each other.

It's usually not of this scale, for sure.

(Although a few hours later people could finally join, but then it started up again as soon as we started racing...)

I remember last year (long time before community update), my friend and i went to play GT6 online, the track was the brand hatch indy circuit so i picked my car and went to drive it on the track. My friend asked me why i haven't entered yet and i replied i'm already in, are you blind or something? and then he showed me a picture and i was surprised about it.

And that's coming from a friend who lives 1.5+ Km away from me.

I remember last year (long time before community update), my friend and i went to play GT6 online, the track was the brand hatch indy circuit so i picked my car and went to drive it on the track. My friend asked me why i haven't entered yet and i replied i'm already in. are you blind or something? and then he showed me a picture and i was surprised about it.

And that's coming from a friend who lives 1.5+ Km away from me.

Doesn't matter if he's that close to you, your data still has to go from your house, to your ISP, then loop back to the destination of your friend. If you can find the geographical location of your WAN gateway then that might shed some light. Even so, you could only be a few miles from there but it's something to consider.

Having said that, the best of connections can struggle on GT6.

Wow, never knew this was a problem way before the 1.16 update. But, from all the responses here, I can tell it's gone worse.

If I may add, since the update, the "Failed to connect to Lobby Server" has been getting more frequent, and I get the "Entry was refused due to incompatibility with the room host" , even though some of the lobbies I tried to join indicate a 3/5 bars connection strength (meaning "not bad") Yeah, right. Not bad. Yet I can't get in the lobby :irked: This is ridiculous.

Yup. I am sure this has been a problem since GT5 and since release of GT6. I have not race online much since 1.16. However, I can assure that it was already a thing before these updates. I made a post explaining a few tips for the issue quite some time ago. I cannot seem to find it though. :(

You guys say happen in gt5 but i never got this problem on gt5
the gt5 online was working perfect for me just random times the msg incompatibility with the room host nothing more :odd:

The online issues have been why I've avoided playing online. I know I'm not on the fastest connection, but when I have no trouble playing online with every other game I have....

PD needs to get their online infrastructure working better.

It was imposible yesterday to play online. When fixed owner was set up, only 3 - 5 players could join the lobby. With unfixed owner the room could fill with all players (16 in our case) but serious problem with visibility of one another on track. Some player could see 4, some 8, some 16 players. Impossible to play. Reseting consle, clearing system cache in gt6, resetting the whole lobby....useless update! which ruined the whole online gaming! Shame!

Last edited:
GT6 connected to the online services totally ruins the game.

- seasonals ocassionally hang - reboot needed
- loading of the menu - stuttering
- All seems sluggish and unresponsive in Home

Disconnect and the game really runs much smoother. I'll only will download the updates and run the VGT seasonals. For the rest I leave GT6 completely offline.

This is a typical server :-
servers.jpg

And this is is what GT6 is using :-
lLHNJGv.jpg

:D:lol::D

And this is is what GT6 is using :-
lLHNJGv.jpg

:D:lol::D
So they got a bad batch of potatoes, but funny aside, it looks like it's more server related but is a combination of game and server together, not to mention that the problem could also come from the network module from the ps3 itself.
But i'm guessing, sorry no facts presentable.

btw, what does the support on the GT6 or psn website say about it?
i don't drive online, so i don't care, but did anyone posted there also?
What was the answer? Could help here.

I have seen these problems before, that much is certainly true. But I feel that 1.16 has brought it to a much worse state, as it's affecting more and more people, and far more frequently. I feel the need for a hotfoot.
EDIT: Not having a fixed lobby host seems to help things a little bit, but doesn't eliminate the problems for everyone

I can vouch for this as well. Not having the best connection, I've had issues here and there with not being able to see everybody since GT5. Usually clearing the cache and rejoining the room fixed the problem (not always, but usually).

Last night we were trying to run some races for our league, and it was the worst I have ever seen. Half the guys couldn't see each other. I had two races where I DID see one particular guy on track, but his car was stationary and unghosted the entire race (I had to be careful I didn't hit him on my way by, or I'd be flying off the track). However, no one else saw him sitting there. Some saw him racing around the track while others couldn't see him at all. Another racer joined in later and he continued to load on my screen and apparently was talking on his mic, but I couldn't see him nor hear a word he said. When I left and came back in, voila! I could see and hear him. We've had to reschedule the events because of the whole mess.

Not sure what it is, but something definitely happened in the update.

The invisible car problem strikes again.

Every time there's an update or maintenance or whatever... it seems there's more peculiar connection problems in the lobby for days afterward.

The one time we tried fixed host Thursday it simply would not work. At all.

Thankfully we haven't had invisible car problems since then, and haven't had any need to try fixed host.

Sounds like I was right in thinking that fixed host is broken.
(I posted this somewhere else in the forum just recently.)

Running a fixed-host room also helps if the above fails. Since switching to fixed-hosting I've had no problems.

The invisible car problem strikes again.

Every time there's an update or maintenance or whatever... it seems there's more peculiar connection problems in the lobby for days afterward.

The one time we tried fixed host Thursday it simply would not work. At all.

Thankfully we haven't had invisible car problems since then, and haven't had any need to try fixed host.

Sounds like I was right in thinking that fixed host is broken.
(I posted this somewhere else in the forum just recently.)

We had the exact same issue last Thursday with fixed host.

We had given up completely on non-fixed or mesh rooms. It's been garbage since GT5 and seems to be even worse with GT6. Previously the only reliable way to run a room was a fixed host with a good upload speed. But after the update this also fails completely. The host can create a room, but nobody could join. You could get as far as the loading screen and voice chat would be working, but you would never make it to the lobby before dropping out.

Back