Can Bob keep up?

• Thread starter Aphelion
  • 72 comments
Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Chameleon9000
At what point does B-spec become unable to win? I haven't have much time to test it, but maybe you have! For example, can he compete in the redbull championships? Nascar? Kart racing? I would love to know, so that i can get the monies! Thanks for any answers!

EDIT: i have now done some testing, more to be done soon

Redbull standard championships can be won by bob, but only if you apply racing softs, and put the pace to maximum. You will pretty much constantly need to push the overtake button, and you may have to tell him to accelerate in fast corners, because his AI is on rails and he is capable of maintaining a corner 50% faster than the AI if you hold the accelerator button.

24 minutes of the nurburgring: He can easily win with no babysitting with an upgraded LCC rocket, but make sure you A: don't own any wet weather tires, and B: set his pace to 'push the pace' (the middle one).

Last edited:
He sucks in NASCAR, but in his slight defense, the insanely aggressive AI certainly doesn't help matters.

I have had some great races with him, especially in NASCAR on the big ovals where drafting and lane change come into play. Yes, the ai is very aggressive, but Bob can be as well if you can time it just right.

Anything where bob has a car the same as or equal to the AI he will struggle/lose, Bob needs all the PP he can get.

I haven't had that problem at all. Of course, if you want to just set it and forget it and let bob grind for credits the way people did in GT5 he probably still sucks. If you actually use the feature the way it was intended you can get some good racing out of him.

I tried the 24 Mins of Le Mans and all was going well until Mulsanne corner on L5 when Bob went into the gravel on the outside. As he rejoined the circuit he kept his left wheels on the grass and slowed to 35kmh and let 7 cars pass until there was a gap of about 500m in traffic.

Yeah... I swore quite a bit when that was happening.

I found that the Crossbow R works better than the LCC Rocket on Nurburgring. Also upgraded and use push the pace. Bob will finish the race 30 seconds to 1 minute faster than in the Rocket usually beating the AI by a minute or more without babysitting

I found that the Crossbow R works better than the LCC Rocket on Nurburgring. Also upgraded and use push the pace. Bob will finish the race 30 seconds to 1 minute faster than in the Rocket usually beating the AI by a minute or more without babysitting
Will have to try this. I've been using the Rocket with it set to "Push it hard". He is typically leading before the karussell on lap 1 and runs 8:20s on the last lap with RS tires.

He sucks in NASCAR, but in his slight defense, the insanely aggressive AI certainly doesn't help matters.
On Daytona you can get behind someone and make him bump-draft them by holding the throttle wide open the entire race, and then have him dive out going into turn three on the last lap and slingshot them. Pretty easy.

As for me, I put him in the Mazda LM55 VGT for the 24m Le Mans. As long as you start the race in inters and tell him to Push It Hard! down the Mulsanne, he can make up about 1-2 seconds on the leaders per chicane, and as long as you bring his pace down to Push The Pace before Bentley (the hairpin at the end of the Mulsanne) he's pretty quick through the rest of the track as well. I also did the 24m Nurburgring with him using a SuperGT GT500 GT-R, and he's absolutely stupid fast in the rain. You can leave the pace pegged at Push It Hard! on inters for almost the entire race and he won't wreck, even when the track surface water is at 100%. In fact, he was about 30s faster than the AI was even though I think some of them were on full wets.

......Hasn't anyone here noticed that bob can be penalized, too? My bob, driving Chappy 2X got two 3 sec penalties for cutting the chicane in 24 min Le Mans. AFTER AI RAMMED HIM INTO IT. Sigh....
Yep, Bob scored collision and shortcut penalties in the Chaparral 2X.
But it's an easy win at both Le Mans and Spa 24 min. events.
50% power limiter, RS tyres, and 'Own Pace' ... no babysitting required.
Provided you haven't purchased 'wets' for the car.

Not so good if you have.
You can try to start Spa on Inters at 'Push the Pace', but with the extra rain pit-stops and 'no babysitting' will probably see you come home in 2nd place unless you get lucky.
Le Mans is a little better ... start on Inters at 'Own Pace' and he's almost home, but he likes to make an unneccessary pit-stop which ruins the race near the end, so again babysitting is required for the win.

Last edited:
If you just need to get a win in a race then babysitting should not be an issue. If you want to get credits then it makes no sense to do either Lemans nor Spa. Nurburgring pays more for the 24 minute race and can be won in a car that cost 1/10th as much to rebuild

I used the 2J one run earlier. Not sure what the margin was but it was quite a lot.

I still prefer to use the rocket or crossbow though as they are a lot cheaper to rebuild. Crossbow usually wins by over a minute as well. Most times I can't see the margin as the other cars are not there yet when the auto replay kicks in ;)

Thinking of trying a few other cars just for some variety, maybe the Amuse S2000 R1, maybe an MX5 or RX8

Will have to try the Crossbow. I've been using the Rocket winning by 30-32 seconds with a race time around 28 minutes. (3 laps)

At what point does B-spec become unable to win? I haven't have much time to test it, but maybe you have! For example, can he compete in the redbull championships? Nascar? Kart racing? I would love to know, so that i can get the monies! Thanks for any answers!

EDIT: i have now done some testing, more to be done soon

Redbull standard championships can be won by bob, but only if you apply racing softs, and put the pace to maximum. You will pretty much constantly need to push the overtake button, and you may have to tell him to accelerate in fast corners, because his AI is on rails and he is capable of maintaining a corner 50% faster than the AI if you hold the accelerator button.

24 minutes of the nurburgring: He can easily win with no babysitting with an upgraded LCC rocket, but make sure you A: don't own any wet weather tires, and B: set his pace to 'push the pace' (the middle one).

So far I haven't had much luck with Bob!

My Bob's been winning the 24h 'ring by around a minute in the Rocket. I might try the Xbow later.
XBow is a good bit faster. And set the pace to Push it Hard. Bob runs 8:10s on RS tires with no traffic. Anywhere from 8:25 to 9:05 the first lap and 9:45 on the wet lap. Wins by a minute plus regardless of the lineup. Up to three minutes if the field is especially poor.

XBow is a good bit faster. And set the pace to Push it Hard. Bob runs 8:10s on RS tires with no traffic. Anywhere from 8:25 to 9:05 the first lap and 9:45 on the wet lap. Wins by a minute plus regardless of the lineup. Up to three minutes if the field is especially poor.

Going to have to go buy me an XBow now then I guess. 👍

Did you do an oil change on your car? What HP is your car at?

Yeah had the car for about a year so it's had everything done to it. Had a tune on it that I was comfortable using, so I guess Bob likes my tune, his lap one time last time I did the race was a 9:01.xxx. He spun twice on the wet lap though, so without the spins, he would've prob won by a minute, twenty maybe (big spins, he had to reverse out of the barrier on one, and went deep into a gravel trap on another).

Thanks for the reminder too, went to check the power and saw 648pp, so it was due for an oil change lol. It's got 321hp @ 650pp.

Back