• 31 comments

Would you buy it?

• Total voters

Jahgee

(Banned)
United States
New York
Jahgee1124
Thursday rolls around and suddenly, without any hype, Polyphony Digital releases a Gran Turismo 6 for the PS4. Nothing changes from GT6 1.16 on PS3 right now, except you are able to port your progress from PS3 to PS4. The question is, do you buy it?

For me, I choose no. However, I didn't say "No" because I think the game isn't worth buying. I answered 'No' because I already played the game for a year, and frankly I already feel like it's not fun to replay it anymore.

I said yes, because I love B-Spec and since I got rid my PS3 last November I haven't played it in GT6

No, I believe that GT6 suffers from being native to old hardware, so a port would only make its shortcomings even more apparent. My PS3 stands right next to my PS4, thus I have no problem with it being on the PS3.

Thursday rolls around and suddenly, without any hype, Polyphony Digital releases a Gran Turismo 6 for the PS4. Nothing changes from GT6 1.16 on PS3 right now, except you are able to port your progress from PS3 to PS4. The question is, do you buy it?
I don't get it. xD

No, why would I pay for it twice? I have no intention on spending $400 on a PS4, $400 (at least) on another wheel and then purchasing a game I already own and have finished...especially when the developer hasn't finished it yet!

Definitely would not buy it. I've already finished the career mode long ago and do not own a PS4 nor will I be buying one unless GT7 includes some much needed features that are not in GT 5 and 6.

Yes, I just hope that they improve the online game, improve the connection and that everything runs smoothly ready to, it would be much , I do not expect a whole new game, is since the gt3 release that I buy games made by PD, including tourist trophy, at the end I never stopped, but they shall lower the price of ps4.

Here's another question along those lines. If they copy/pasted the game as is, added maybe 50 cars and 3 tracks, how many do you think it would sell in say 18 months before the "real" GT7 came out on PS4? Keep in mind it'll be full 1920x1080p not 1440x1080P and an easily locked 60fps. Given the number of diehards that will buy anything with a GT logo on the box and the unsuspecting rubes who won't do any research and buy it just because GT/PS4, I think they could easily pump out 1-2 million in 18 months or so.

They would probably sell quite a few copies of it but with out better online and leaderboards it just does not measure up. In terms of online play Forza 2 is far better than any GT so far as is Forza 3 and 4 and likely 5 still IMO FM2 is the best so far and the benchmark for online play in this type of game.

I voted Yes but instantly regretted it. Whatever time would be spent in porting GT6 to PS4 would be better used in getting GT7 to market sooner.

I voted YES but only if they put it out for 20 bucks or something as a GT7 Prolouge?

But if it would be the case i think they would do a better graphic more cars etc. Would look amaizing, gt6 looks something like gt7 woth graphics Set to ultra low ;)

But before a racegame comes to my ps4 i need a New steeringwheel or they should Patch it for the logitechwheels :(

I (edit - I? what?) definite No. A major reason includes the Course Maker. I do mean that.

An even more important reason: a lot of money for the steering wheel/driving setup I would personally want when I make the transition to better equipment all-around.

@Wiski_EK9
I don't think it'll be technically possible for PD to enable the use of any of the Logitech wheels. Not sure about Fanatec. I believe thus far Thrustmaster have the only compatible wheels for use on the PS4 (for super cereal racers only :D)

Last edited:
Only if Quick Match was much quicker and more stable. My 4 sits idle anyway and GT is all I do on my three. The DS4 is much better too.
Stability is only part of the problem with Quick Match. There needs to be more variations per event. Say there's the four events, or four different tracks. For each event, give the option to choose between a short race and a longer race. Qualifying, anyone? Ah, that would be great. So each of the longer events would take a half hour to complete, at least. It's only one alternative - which I believe will happen, but not anytime soon; it might creep up on us in GT7 like Midfield did.

It'll give like-minded racing gamers (not sim racers) a better chance to meet, especially if they don't know about places like GTP or don't want to go through the hassle. It can, also, more likely separate the newcomers, casuals, and more ardent users. Hopefully PD devise a way to logically keep the rammers to a minimum in the future (with GT7). It's difficult to do for the people who want to enjoy a Quick Match race since some people ruin them by being bad sports or the fact that there will always be newcomers who don't understand racing etiquette and are JUST learning.

Hmm, knowing close to nothing about racing seems so foreign to me. I wonder how you older gents and ladies must feel when looking back at those times. Nostalgia at its finest.

homer-computer-doh.jpg

DOUBLE POST

No, I've already paid for the unfinished, bugged, feature-stripped GT6 on PS3. No way in hell am I paying for it again on PS4, not with pCARS around the corner. Besides, no Logitech support on PS4 (yet, hopefully).

Latest Posts

Back