The 50 Million Credits Club

• Thread starter Racin510s
  • 48 comments
United States
Mocksville, NC
Please ask
I have changed the OP of this thread. I was out of order. It started out because I have been there and I was curious about how many people had maxed out their credits either by benefit of the money glitch or just earned it through the progress of the game. When you reach that limit and have all the cars you want; what do you do to spend your credits on?

Last edited:
I did not do the money glitch, but I've been at 50,000,000 credits, 100% completion, Platinum, and every car over 2,000,000 credits since Feb. 2014. I have about 900 paint chips from buying and selling cars. It's too easy.

If anyone thinks earning credits in this game economy is difficult, then I don't know what to say.

I've been at 50 mil credits for months. Yes I was one of the fortunate ones that took advantage of the money glitch when the game first came out. Had it not been for the money glitch I would have returned my pre-ordered game once I saw that you had no choice with your first car and all of the payouts were so little. I do hate it for those who missed out. I bought all of the 20, 15, 10 million credit cars I wanted at the very beginning. I also bought all of the cars I wanted too. I also have 4 of the 250 GTO Ferrari's that I could sell for a total of 24 million credits.

I've bought over 100 cars just for paint chips. I've bought more cars than I'll ever use as I only use maybe 15% of the ones I have have. So my question is this; how many of you are at the max on credits? I can't be the only one.

If PD would give us the community feature like we had in GT5 where you could trade/gift cars and paint chips I would be more than happy to help those who weren't so fortunate. I don't think they would ever allow us to give credits but to be able to buy a car and all of it's parts to give away would be a great thing.
i really think you are over-reacting here. I mean god, its a game! It has progression! Its not just 'hey you bought this game now you win this game have all the monies!'. No. And, like the person above said, it is really not that hard to begin with. People who complain the payouts are too low are just lazy.

As in real life, money tends to burn a hole in my pocket in this game, I'm not at my console but I'm sure I've spent 50 mil several times over already. As a curiosity, I'm curious to know what kind of mileage you've racked up to have amassed such a collection without the glitch Jbaffoh?

I've made nearly 167 million creds after just over 40k miles. I didn't glitch, but it would've been nice...

Last edited:
I've been at 50 mil credits for months. Yes I was one of the fortunate ones that took advantage of the money glitch .

So you really need to rename this the "50 mil CHEATERS Club". You cheat the game and then come on here and boast how good you are and are a little board with it?

I have done it the hard way and have never really struggled for money. This at least has turned a rather boring game into something that has kept my interest going. That and getting Platinum on both my accounts.

My dddsprayshop account currently 49+million, total pricecredits 212+mill
My second account currently 48+mill, total pricemony 79+mill
my third account Currently 49+mill, total pricemoney 97+millon
No glitch used and to be honest, when they added the a-spec season event, earning credits went fast.
And yes, at the beginning i did a lot of grinding.
Now i always have to be carefull not to hit the 50mill limit.

So you really need to rename this the "50 mil CHEATERS Club". You cheat the game and then come on here and boast how good you are and are a little board with it?

I have done it the hard way and have never really struggled for money. This at least has turned a rather boring game into something that has kept my interest going. That and getting Platinum on both my accounts.

I'm not sure why you said I was boasting about how good I am or that I was bored with the game. I was simply asking a question. It also appears that you think that those of us who took advantage of the glitch as "cheaters"? Why is that? I don't cut corners in races, I try very hard not to ram the AI out of my way so I'm not cheating. I also stated that I would gladly help anyone if PD allowed us too. As far as mileage goes I've driven 11,205.6 miles, 122.7 hours worth of driving time. My total earnings are 110, 165,455 credits. I don't play everyday and I don't play more than a couple of hours at a time because I have a life outside GT6.

Edit: I don't mind constructive criticism but I do mind be accused of something that I know many people took advantage of and for something I did not do. It was available when the game was first released. If this thread is going to turn into anything other than the reason I started the thread I will close it. I'm not trying to offend anyone or criticize anyone who chooses the way they chose to play the game.

Last edited:
I'm not sure why you said I was boasting about how good I am or that I was bored with the game..

You are boasting and the bored bit I inferred from the 'tone'.

I was simply asking a question. .

The question becomes a moot point when you do not differentiate between those that got there *legitimately* and those that cheated ;-)

It also appears that you think that those of us who took advantage of the glitch as "cheaters"? Why is that? .

Obvious really ;-) You used an exploit to further your game advancement that was not included in the designed gameplay. In other words "you broke the rules" i.e cheated.

I don't cut corners in races, I try very hard not to ram the AI out of my way so I'm not cheating. I also stated that I would gladly help anyone if PD allowed us too. As far as mileage goes I've driven 11,205.6 miles, 122.7 hours worth of driving time. My total earnings are 110, 165,455 credits. I don't play everyday and I don't play more than a couple of hours at a time because I have a life outside GT6..

The veiled justifications here still do not negate you cheated the game.

Edit: I don't mind constructive criticism but I do mind be accused of something that I know many people took advantage of and for something I did not do. It was available when the game was first released. If this thread is going to turn into anything other than the reason I started the thread I will close it. I'm not trying to offend anyone or criticize anyone who chooses the way they chose to play the game.

Just because many others cheated does not make it OK that you did. Many people shoplift. Does that then make it OK for you to do that as well? Also, are you now going to use this same reasoning to justify hackers in online time trials? " Because lots did it and it was available for a while?

You play and cheat however you chose to but when you post a thread that boasts about how you cheated then be prepared for people to point out that you did it unfairly. I am sure you and Lance Armstrong could have a good old chin wag about justifications too ;-) Same rationale - lots are doing it ;-)

I am pretty sure you are a nice guy but I know that deep down you know it is wrong.

...and then come on here and boast how good you are and are a little board with it?
Er, where exactly did he say that then? His tone!? I thought he was just asking how many people had got to Max credits, not necessarily how they got there.

It's true that it's not really that hard to earn the credits now what with the logon bonus and the bigger seasonal payouts. It can still be time consuming though. But at the beginning everything seemed a long way out of reach. If you were to play offline it still would be.

I did the credit glitch just a couple of times, bought myself a few of the cars I liked and left myself with 20 million. I'm not sure who it was I cheated in doing that!
This at least has turned a rather boring grinding game into something that has kept my interest going.
Anyway since then I've worked my way up to 50mil and have been hovering around there for awhile. And I still haven't got a 20mil car!

@Racin510s suggestion of the ability to gift cars (much like GT5) would certainly be of a benefit to a few friends who don't have the time to grind but would still like to get the chance to drive the "better" cars. Although I suppose giving a gift car would also be considered cheating?

Many people shoplift
Can I just say I that comparing someone who did the glitch to shoplifters and drug abusers is a little out of order.

You do seem to be getting somewhat worked up over something that has had no effect on your gameplay at all.

Can I just say I that comparing someone who did the glitch to shoplifters and drug abusers is a little out of order.

You do seem to be getting somewhat worked up over something that has had no effect on your gameplay at all.

What people do behind their closed doors that doesn't affect me or anyone else is of no concern to me what so ever. What I do take offence at is them publically boasting about how good it is and then trying to justify it by saying "everyone else is doing it".

People that advocate cheating as the norm really should take a long hard look at themselves - yourself included perhaps.

I would have thought it was harsh to call it cheating. Glitches are in most games when they're released but it's hardly something to take a moral high ground over if you don't take advantage of them.

Saying that though, I'm glad I chose not to do it. A lot more fun to progress to the more expensive cars naturally. Especially the first time you win them and the bit of excitement at what the prize car will be.

I've been at 50 million several times overdoing the quick matches and have more cars than I know what to do with. To be honest, it bugs me having too many credits. It means I have to go into the garage and go through the slow process of spending huge amounts on dozens of cars I don't really want.

What people do behind their closed doors that doesn't affect me or anyone else is of no concern to me what so ever. What I do take offence at is them publically boasting about how good it is and then trying to justify it by saying "everyone else is doing it".

People that advocate cheating as the norm really should take a long hard look at themselves - yourself included perhaps.
Wow man way to go on making everyone roll their eyes at your post.

The guy simply made a topic about a $50 million credit club with no harm done. He didn't need your whole moral defense on " cheating ".

Anyways OP, I am one of the ones who missed out on the money glitch unfortunately. Wish I hadn't, as I only race in online leagues (where I don't cheat BTW :P lol), and its hard to earn much credits online, but I do have enough cr to maintain what cars I need for my leagues.

Well I didn't try the early glitch & my original PS3 didn't love me any more & bought the farm in January of 2014. Currently on the main profile 368,590,187 credits earned. That is the result of 322 hours of grinding. 495 cars & 4 photos, I don't even try the Red Bull stuff or I would have earned more. The 2nd profile has 251,361,877 total earnings, after 207 hours. It only has 371 cars, so I seem to be slacking. Credits seem to be fairly easy to build up, now we have Bob. I watched a few episodes of "Game of Thrones" while Bob was grinding. What was the question again?

If anyone thinks earning credits in this game economy is difficult, then I don't know what to say.

I don't think anyone says it's too difficult to grind for credits, it's just mind numbingly boring & many people simply haven't got the time or patience for it, myself included.

A bit off-topic but I see several of you have more than 1 PS3 account to play GT6 with. Why not just stay to 1 account and focus all your gaming time in there?

VBR
I don't think anyone says it's too difficult to grind for credits, it's just mind numbingly boring & many people simply haven't got the time or patience for it, myself included.
I haven't ground for credits in about a year--and when I did, it averaged about 20 minutes per day.

People do complain that credits are hard to come by, but I think the seasonals, Redbull, Senna and Sierra events are more than generous. And now with Bob to run the S events while we work on real life, there's no reason why anyone should lack any cars they want.

I did the all the money glitches in GT5 and GT6 and I'm damn glad I did. As a result I could focus on doing the things in the game that I liked to do which is tune and race. It was such a welcome relief in GT5 especially when the SSR11 glitch came along and many of us spent a few hours each night running underneath the start finish line. GT6's money glitch couldn't have come at a better time, right in the beginning so I could avoid the worst career with the worst AI in all of sim racing. Within a few days I had 400 cars, $50Mill in the bank, and a couple of dozen of the $20Mill cars in the garage that I could sell as needed. Glorious:sly:

I would probably have given up on GT if grinding had become necessary to acquire cars. I had a game recommended to me recently on PC, someone recorded a race or two and I watched it and it look like fun. Little did I realize the content was locked behind game progression and I didn't feel like putting dozens of hours into a game to unlock content just to drive the cars I wanted to drive, when I could pick up other sims and drive any car on any track in any race I wanted to, any time. So I put the game away and didn't touch it for 2 months. Couple of weeks ago I found a league for that game that seems quite popular and they had a "save" that unlocked all the cars. Voila, problem solved, playing the game again and loving every minute of it.

Last edited:
I had 50mil 4 times. I bought the game when that money patch was fixed. So i earned everything the hard way.
Grinded Red Bull championship and did the seasonal events to buy all the cars that i wanted..
Now im at 38mil, when i reach 50mil again ill buy some cars, even i have all the 20mil cars
If u dont belive me ill send a pic from game, i think it says credits earned around 360mil

VBR
Yes there is; some people just wanna race online. I should know cos I'm one of them.
Nobody but you is stopping you from acquiring the cars you want. The game certainly hasn't impeded your ability. Hell, the holiday seasonals paid more than 10,000,000 for less than an hour of driving.

... and all of the payouts were so little....

Seasonals. Earning credits the legitimate way helps you to appreciate what you do earn and gives you a sense of progression. That being said, I got tons of cash from glitches in GT5 and enjoyed every second of it.

Nobody but you is stopping you from acquiring the cars you want. The game certainly hasn't impeded your ability. Hell, the holiday seasonals paid more than 10,000,000 for less than an hour of driving.
The entire game is designed around impeding your ability to get to the cars you want without running a boring offline career and boring Seasonal races. And congratulations, you run the seasonal you can buy half of a GT40 or an XJ13.

It's stupid how many cars there are in gt6 because of the fact that you have to have absolutely no life at all, devote all of your time to the game, and suffer hundreds of hours of sheer boredom from repetitive grinding for cash, just to buy a decent amount of the 1200+ cars in the game. Even then, it'll probably take two years of constant grinding to buy them all. Then what about the cost of fully upgrading them? about 300k per car, except race cars.

If gt7 follows the same formula, count me out.

*edit. I have never been close to 50mil, and I have less than 400 cars btw, and have had to endure about 400 times more grinding than I would like to have. I also get maybe 3 hours per night at the most to myself, which has to be divided between whatever I want to do. GT6 may have taken up a large portion of that time in the past, but it only gets put in the ps3 when I'm doing an online series now.

Another example of the materialistic world we live in. You have all the cars, and all the money. Congrats. And people fight over who got what, how. I have 3 accounts, with the most successful holding $5.4mil. Never grinded one lap, loving every minute of it. find another cause to believe in.

suffer hundreds of hours of sheer boredom from repetitive grinding for cash, just to buy a decent amount of the 1200+ cars in the game. Even then, it'll probably take two years of constant grinding to buy them all

Wow, have you even played this game?

I have not grinded in over a year, yet I've earned more than 550 million credits in one account, and I own more cars than I want. The only grinding I did was when the x2014 championship was first released, and I bought all the 20 million cars within a few days (8,000,000 credits per hour add up fast).

In my second account, I've never grinded at all. In 30 hours of game play, I've earned about 70,000,000 credits so far, and I haven't even done the redbull, senna or sierra events. Almost all of this is from seasonals.

So, get real about the hours required to hoard all the cars. You'd probably spend more time waiting for the stockyard to open and close than actual driving.

The entire game is designed around impeding your ability to get to the cars you want without running a boring offline career and boring Seasonal races. And congratulations, you run the seasonal you can buy half of a GT40 or an XJ13.

Well, in addition to the credits, the holiday seasonals also included an XJ13 and other cars. Considering it only takes about two minutes to gold a seasonal TT, that's time well spent.

Without playing catch the rabbit in the seasonals, which are all the same, and incredibly dull, you have to grind the red bulls for cash. Doing seasonals is basically grinding, as each race is practically the same anyway.

Without playing catch the rabbit in the seasonals, which are all the same, and incredibly dull, you have to grind the red bulls for cash. Doing seasonals is basically grinding, as each race is practically the same anyway.
The money is in the seasonal TT's, not the boring A-Specs.

And with B-Spec, Bob can grind 600,000 every 24 minutes while you are busy with real life.

Buy hey--if racing different tracks with different cars against AI or your friends' times is too boring, perhaps you should be playing Candy Crush instead of a racing game.

The money is in the seasonal TT's, not the boring A-Specs.

And with B-Spec, Bob can grind 600,000 every 24 minutes while you are busy with real life.

Buy hey--if racing different tracks with different cars against AI or your friends' times is too boring, perhaps you should be playing Candy Crush instead of a racing game.
And again, that's not how the game was early on, when we really needed to build a garage quickly to go racing online. Most of the early TT's and Seasonals were very low paying and there was no BSpec until last week.

Latest Posts

Back