What are your favorite premium cars (stock) to drive?

• Thread starter breyzipp
  • 63 comments
Belgium
Lokeren
breyzipp
breyzipp
Thanks to the previous expert seasonal event @ autumn ring reverse and now SSRX grinding with B-spec Bob I gained a lot of credits in a couple of weeks and bought a few hundred premium cars, all still in their stock dealership form.
Since I'm not playing the game that long yet (or previous GT games) the vast majority of these cars are new to me and frankly I don't really know where to begin with taking out these cars for a drive, there are so many of them. Chances are I will not be able to try all of them so I'm wondering which cars I should give a try first... just to make sure I'm not really missing out the unexpected fun ones. :)
And when a car is a fun drive for me that is usually the combination of how the car looks, how it handles and how the engine sounds. It doesn't matter at which pp level that is and how well it performs there.

So if you would name a few, which ones should I definately give a try?

Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2 (1965) - A dream around the Nordschleife - completely bone stock, fresh from the dealership. It just loves the track, can be driven hard, and seemingly has no handling limit.

Add the power upgrades and fc gearbox, you'll have less stability but still a great drive.

Another fun one is the DeLorean, surprisingly tame for a rear engined car.

Currently I'm digging the 02 Honda NSX. Nicely detailed cockpit. Decent sound. I use CM tires with no aids/no ABS.
It's a typical car that lots of folks like but I hadn't used it in GT6 until this weekend.

FWD- the latest model RenaultSport Megane Trophy is a hoot. Great sound and good turn in for FWD.

RWD- Too many to list but for low power the Subaru/Toyota/Scion triplets are great fun on CH tires.

Other typical fun rides are any GT500 especially the Honda HSV. All Ferraris etc... Have fun!

Muira Bertone
Lancia Stratos
BMW 507
BMW 135i
Mazda Autozam

Also @Team Ape - pretty sure the Delorean is a standard.
But yeah, the Delorean is quite a nice car to drive stock all the same. Shame it's not a premium.
Same with the Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint Speciale '63

Ferrari 458 Italia.

Not that expensive, but already a classic... it sounds good, handles like a dream, gorgeous looks. And you can have fun with it: do the Supercar Challenge races, they are tricky sometimes and good for some fun+credits run. Mine is stock.

And if you want the ultimate cruiser, Mercedes SL55 AMG, and yea, leave it stock...

1) Aston Martin V12 Vantage 2010 - Great engine noise (set it to Bonnet/Hood View), & awesome handling, challenging yet rewarding. Has a good Drivers Eye View too.

2) KTM X Bow Street - Put some Comfort Soft tyres on this little baby, turn off all the aids, use Driver Eye View & lap The Ring 24 Hour, simply...EPIC!

3) Lotus Esprit V8 2002 - Another good sounding engine, & quite mad handling on CS tyres, but I like that.

4) Ferrari Italia 458 - Sounds good, & goes great at Monza. Enough said.

5) Mazda Roadster 2007 - Bags of fun @ Brands Hatch Indy on CM's!

:D

My favorite is the Sauber C9, but that sound come on...
So I will go for the R8 Team Phoenix, the GT3 SLS, the 300 SL and the Team RJN GTR :D

I tried the 2 oldest Ferrari's in the game as well today (bone stock), never drove them before.

250 GT -> great car, very nice acceleration!
250 GTO -> meh, why on earth does this come on CS tires? :P

Currently I'm digging the 02 Honda NSX. Nicely detailed cockpit. Decent sound. I use CM tires with no aids/no ABS.
It's a typical car that lots of folks like but I hadn't used it in GT6 until this weekend.

FWD- the latest model RenaultSport Megane Trophy is a hoot. Great sound and good turn in for FWD.

The race version of the Megane is an MR actually IIRC.

Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2 (1965) - A dream around the Nordschleife - completely bone stock, fresh from the dealership. It just loves the track, can be driven hard, and seemingly has no handling limit.

Add the power upgrades and fc gearbox, you'll have less stability but still a great drive.

Great suggestion! I bought that car only today and damn, it's indeed such a fun ride straight from the dealership. I don't like the Nordschleife that much but I gave it a quick try at the Red Bull Ring, was fun. And that engine sound... it might even be my overall favorite one, it sounds so nice! Especially at low revs in 5th gear it's just pure <3

MAWD: Lamborghini Murcielago LP640.
MR: McLaren MP4 12C.

That's all I have for now... I have so many cars that I'll have to really go through and do a process of elimination.

The Stratos I seriously dislike. :)

Been trying a couple of classic cars in bare stock form on the beginner seasonal @ Suzuka East and the BMW 507 is a bit slow there but the 300 SL, 250 GT and GT350 were amazing rides. :) The 300 SL and the 250 GT are so much fun while the GT350 just destroys everything and gave me the fastest laps. :) Bot 250 GT and GT350 had to be power limited just a little bit to drop from 454 pp to 450 pp but other than that they were completely stock.

Try putting comfort softs on back, comfort mediums on fronts. 👍 :sly:

My 15th anniv' stratos has all power upgrades and default tuning settings and I swear even if I brake in a perfect straight line the damn rear still spins out. :P I bought the dealership stratos as well to have the bone stock version too, that one is a bit better manageable bit still I need to drive like I'm on ice. :)

No for me there are hundreds of more fun cars in the game. I like a car with an attitude that's a challenge to drive, but the stratos crossed my line between challenge and frustration by at least a mile. :)

My 15th anniv' stratos has all power upgrades and default tuning settings and I swear even if I brake in a perfect straight line the damn rear still spins out. :P I bought the dealership stratos as well to have the bone stock version too, that one is a bit better manageable bit still I need to drive like I'm on ice. :)

No for me there are hundreds of more fun cars in the game. I like a car with an attitude that's a challenge to drive, but the stratos crossed my line between challenge and frustration by at least a mile. :)

Adjust your BB for more brake power up front. You could probably set the rear at 0. That car was a serious handful in real life to begin with.

Edit: Try adding ballast at the front too.

Last edited:
I've been puting around Mid-field for the past week or so in stock Ford GTs. Those things are awesome to drive! Just let the back end slip out and stand on the throttel. Instant Jeremy Clarkson mode!

I've been puting around Mid-field for the past week or so in stock Ford GTs. Those things are awesome to drive! Just let the back end slip out and stand on the throttel. Instant Jeremy Clarkson mode!

Sounds like fun, I gotta give that a try as well. :)

I would definetly recommend the Corvette gran turismo concept '13 I think is what it's called. I just bought it this morning and it's so much fun to drive around mid-field. I did put a sports exhaust on it. result::drool:
Also try the Toyota FT-1, Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34) '08 and the Redbull Jr.

Jaguar xj13, because it handles great is a dream to drive. It's just lovely to go back to the basics especially if you turn off the power steering on a force feedback wheel.

Jaguar xj13, because it handles great is a dream to drive. It's just lovely to go back to the basics especially if you turn off the power steering on a force feedback wheel.

Agreed, it's one of my favorite classic racing cars as well. :)

Yes indeed. Loved that car; won it from the 10 million credits seasonals. Stupid me sold it for 6 million to get the Ford GT40 race car quicker!!! Stupid, stupid, stupid! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Back