2015 Fantasy/Prediction Formula 1: The Finale

United States
Arizona
HamiltonMP427
This is a continuation of the great game that @Northstar (aka Justin) had set up for you guys, with me now carrying the torch in mostly the same manner, but with some twists of my own that I think will allow more chances to win and diversity, while at the same time making certain aspects a bit more difficult.

General Rules

• You must be a current member of
    gtplanet.gif

WDC Rules

• You must select 5 drivers each week you choose to participate.*

• You must use the pick form to submit your picks. Once you submit your picks you will be able to view all submitted picks. Once you've submitted picks you can submit new picks but the final pick submitted will be the one that counts, if you decide to submit a new pick after qualifying you’ll be subject to certain penalties through the season that will increase with each infraction.*
  • -1st time 5 point deduction
  • -2nd time loss of CP
  • -3rd DQ on the upcoming race
  • You do not need to sign up for anything additional to submit picks
  • Picks must be submitted prior to the scheduled qualifying start time. If a race gets postponed the deadline for picks will be moved to one hour before the new qualifying start time.*
  • Failure to pick with in the time will result in a deduction of 5 points.
  • Each participant will receive 6 Consecutive Picks at the beginning of the season, these allow you to pick a driver in consecutive races up to 6 times throughout the season.
  • You cannot select a driver more than one race in a row, in the event you do and have no Consecutive Picks left you will not receive points for that driver.
  • In the event you don't submit picks and have 5 or more Consecutive Picks left the drivers from the previous week will be used. If you have less than 5 the highest finishing driver(s) will be used. If you have no Consecutive Picks left you will not score any points.
  • If a driver you selected fails to finish you will be able to select them again the next race without penalty.
  • If there is an error let me know, I'm human so they do happen from time to time.
  • If you join after the first round you will be given the minimum points for the races you missed.
  • At the end of the season 1 point will be awarded for each consecutive pick remaining(Maximum of 10 points).
  • The person who scores the most points in a round will also be awarded 1 consecutive pick.
  • You will not receive a Consecutive Pick if a selected driver wins but has a penalty.
  • Consecutive picks for the WCC are to be 3 for each player at the start of the season, and a bonus of two for players if they win a round.
  • If a user fails to submit picks for the WCC despite CP amount remaining they will still not be awarded any points at all. And will take a zero that weekend and any other weekend they don't participate.
WCC rules**

· You must select 6 cars among the constructors and the finishing order you predict they’ll end up in.

· The points will be awarded by finishing position of those cars as constructor points you earn toward the WCC half of the Fantasy/Prediction F1 game.

• 8 before FP1
  • 6 before FP2
  • 4 before FP3
  • 3 for correct pole
  • For Mexico, Brazil, and Abu Dhabi only (10 points picking before quali)
Triple Crown

This will be different than past years, as the races considered part of the triple are 2015 24 hours of Le Mans, 2015 Indianapolis 500, and 2015 Coca-Cola 600.

The points break down will be different for each one but can be used for one or the other championship.

· To Win the Triple Crown you must win the most points at each event (i.e. user A wins at all three Fantasy/Prediction picks

· If a participant completes the Triple Crown they will be awarded a copy of GTPedia or the Mystery Prize. (Winner can pick.)

• In the event multiple participants complete the Triple Crown the highest placing finisher in points at the end of the season will receive the prize.

Prize

• The Winner will receive a year of
    gtplanet.gif
    premium membership.(WDC portion)
  • The winner will receive a special prize. (WCC portion)
  • If someone wins both the F1 competitions they will receive both prizes.
  • Prizes will be awarded following the Formula 1 finale to January 1st of upcoming year. This is to ensure that all points were distributed correctly and fairly through the season so the proper member can be crowned.
*an old rule that has been updated

**new rules that are first time to the game (may be revised before season with help from fellow players)

PICK FORMS (will be here soon)

2015 Pick Form

Submitted Pick Forms Australia, other players predictions

ALL SUBMITTED PICKS FROM MALAYSIA GP to CURRENT

Awards:

• In the event of a tie for a trophy, the person with most wins will receive the award.
12944247454_9325969e6e_o.jpg

Juan Manuel Fangio Trophy

Awarded to the season points champion.
Prize:
1 Year :gtplanet: Premium Membership
6 Consecutive Picks towards 2016
Previous Winners:
2014 -
LMSCorvetteGT2*
2013 - Magpie1997
2012 - Furinkazen
2011 - Stiggy
2010 - ROAD_DOGG33J

*This was a result of the Condensed title ran during that year, this is was not a full season and thus none of the below trophies were won due to this.
12943844595_c6391f721f_o.jpg

Ayrton Senna Trophy

Awarded to the participant that scores the most points over the final five races.
Prize:
4 Consecutive Picks Towards 2016
Previous Winners:
2014 - No winner*
- NissanSkylineN1
2012 - Furinkazen
2011 - ROAD_DOGG33J
2010 - Stiggy

12944248004_0e20f32e61_o.jpg

Graham Hill Trophy

Awarded to the participant that successfully completes the Triple Crown.
Prize:
1 year :gtplanet: Premium Membership
Previous Winners:
- Furinkazen

12944247544_ea1b6b1693_o.jpg

Alberto Ascari Trophy

Awarded to the participant that selected the most winners in a season.
Prize:
2 Consecutive Picks towards 2016
Previous Winners:
2014 - No winner*
- Justin (19)
2012 - ROAD_DOGG33J (18)
2011 - That90sGuy, Touring Mars (13)
2010 - Ian Poole (12)

12943844845_58da863192_o.jpg

Schumacher Trophy

Awarded to the participant who had the most rounds with the most points in a season.
Prize:
2 Consecutive Picks towards 2016
Previous Winners:
2014 - No Winner
- DK (3)
2012 - Akmuq, Beeblebrox237, ROAD_DOGG33J, Tom. (5)
2011 - Justin (4)
2010 - Peterram430 (5)

Most Selected Driver:
2015 -Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes AMG Petronas F1)

2013 - Sebastian Vettel (Red Bull-Renault)
2012 - Lewis Hamilton (McLaren-Mercedes)
2011 - Sebastian Vettel (Red Bull-Renault)
2010 - Sebastian Vettel (Red Bull-Renault)

Most Selected Constructor
2015 - Mercedes AMG-Mercedes
- Red Bull-Renault
2012 - McLaren-Mercedes
2011 - Red Bull-Renault
2010 - Red Bull-Renault

Links:

2014 "Condensed" Fantasy Formula 1
2013 Fantasy Formula 1
2012 Fantasy Formula 1
2011 Fantasy Formula 1
2010 Fantasy Formula 1

Last edited:
I'd say it's quite a bit less than that Barra. ;)

DK
I'd say it's quite a bit less than that Barra. ;)
Oh, derp. You would think someone who has traveled as much as me would think of the time zones :dunce:.
Practice is a bit under 35 hours from now.

Oh you guys, it will be up. I'm visiting family since I'm on spring break so that's why I haven't put it up yet. But it will be up later tonight as promised and if I have to revise due to my lapse in time I will. But just for this round, after this the new pick form will be up the day of the GP or the next day after.

Okay the pick form is up and also the submission table is in the link under the pick form. This is so you can see what you picked if your forgot, or who others have picked. I've already submitted so you know how to do the WCC portion for the constructors. In other words you can put a constructor up to two times (both cars) per Grand Prix. You do not have to pick six different constructors.

EDIT:

I'm closely following the Giedo case with Sauber, and if the situation effects player picks this round I will fix accordingly.

Last edited:
Yeah, I changed a couple of my driver and constructor picks. Apologies for any inconvenience.

That's fine. New rule to make sense of everything. You're last pick will be the pick that counts toward the race any picks after during Quali sessions will incur penalties.

What is unclear to you and @numbnuts70 ? If you just ask I will help you out, there are no stupid questions on how to play.

I understand that I pick 5 drivers and get awarded points on how high they finished and the next week I can't pick any of the same 5 again unless I pick on of 6 wildcards (or whatever it's called), is that right?

and does the wildcard allow me to pick one or 5 drivers from the previous week?

also the WCC do I pick them in terms of per race or is it overall in the championship.

I understand that I pick 5 drivers and get awarded points on how high they finished and the next week I can't pick any of the same 5 again unless I pick on of 6 wildcards (or whatever it's called), is that right?

Mostly, it's the same thing as previous seasons. You pick drivers for the weekend GP and next GP you pick new drivers that aren't the same, unless you have CPs (consecutive pick tokens) at your disposal. Everyone starts with 6 of them at the beginning of the season, and you can win more through out the season. This allows you to make a consecutive pick without getting zero points but only if you have the ability to do so.

and does the wildcard allow me to pick one or 5 drivers from the previous week?

There is no wild card, just CPs to use through the season that allow you to pick a driver(s) as many times as you want so long as you have the ability to do so.

also the WCC do I pick them in terms of per race or is it overall in the championship.

You pick them per race. You just decide which cars you want and they will get tally'd based on finish position, and those points you earn go toward a secondary championship (Constructors championship). So say if you pick two Williams cars but one of them doesn't finish in the points and the other does, you still get some points. If both finish in the points you get their combined total.

Does all of this make sense or do you need more info?

Latest Posts

Back