Henrik Fisker Thunderbolt

United States
Atlanta
atomicjellyfish
Hot off the embargo.... what do you think?

Henrik Fisker Thunderbolt Angle 1 - High Res - EMBARGOED UNTIL 10AM ET 031415.jpg Henrik Fisker Thunderbolt Match_Front - High Res - EMBARGOED UNTIL 10AM ET 031415.jpg Henrik Fisker Thunderbolt MatchRear - High Res - EMBARGOED UNTIL 10AM ET 031415.jpg Henrik Fisker Thunderbolt TailLight - High Res - EMBARGOED UNTIL 10AM ET 031415.jpg Henrik Fisker Thunderbolt Champagne Bottle 1 - High Res - EMBARGOED UNTIL 10AM ET 031415.jpg Henrik Fisker Thunderbolt Clock - High Res - EMBARGOED UNTIL 10AM ET 031415.jpg Henrik Fisker Thunderbolt Dash - High Res - EMBARGOED UNTIL 10AM ET 031415.JPG Henrik Fisker Thunderbolt Rendering - High Res EMBARGOED UNTIL 10AM ET 031415.JPG

HENRIK FISKER UNVEILS HIS LATEST DESIGN STUDY, A TIMELESS GT COUPE,

AT 2015 AMELIA ISLAND CONCOURS D’ELEGANCE

One-Off V12 Vanquish-Based Coupe Features Carbon Fiber Coach-Work

and World’s First Panasonic Curved Screen Infotainment System

Amelia Island, Florida (March 14, 2015) –Henrik Fisker today took the wraps off of his latest design study, the “Thunderbolt,” at the 2015 Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance. Designed by Henrik Fisker as a powerful GT coupe; this is his personal interpretation of how his Aston Martin V12 Vanquish coupe could look like.

The Thunderbolt’s powerful exterior profile is the result of hand-laid, coach-built carbon fiber bodywork that incorporates Henrik Fisker’s characteristic design cues such as a clean body side with no creases and deeply sculpted air ducting.

Henrik Fisker unveiled his latest design study at the Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance on Saturday, March 14. The Thunderbolt, features hand-laid custom carbon fiber coach work and a host of interior upgrades, transforming it into a powerful and timeless looking GT Coupe. Credit: Henrik Fisker

The hood on the design study is dominated by a large power dome with long triangular sculpted air intakes and also incorporates fitment of unique head lamps; thin protruding, blade-like, tail lamps; a wraparound rear window and panoramic dark tinted glass roof; as well as updated exterior detailing including aluminum grille and assorted bright work. Performance upgrades include lowering the standard ride height of the car by 15 millimeters and fitment of 21-inch alloy wheels with performance tires.

"I wanted to create an elegant beautiful GT sports coupe, with pure emotional sculpture, that would stay timeless,” said Henrik Fisker.

Inside, the changes are no less dramatic. While maintaining a traditional elegance, Thunderbolt’s concept interior features class-leading connectivity and user interfaces. Among its range of new appointments, the Thunderbolt concept features the world’s first application of Panasonic’s 11.6-inch Curved Control Screen in a car, as a result of a research partnership between Panasonic and Henrik Fisker. Designed to reduce reflections and glare, the screen’s extraordinary resolution is complimented by the fact that it is adjustable in height according to driver preference.

From Top to Bottom: Thin protruding, blade-like, tail lamps are a design signature of the Thunderbolt. The car also includes a unique champagne/wine bottle holder for securely transporting a bottle or two, to dinner parties as a gift; as well as the world’s first application of Panasonic’s 11.6-inch Curved Control Screen in a car. An extremely limited number of additional cars could be made on a special order basis. These secondary cars would feature a revised front end as shown on the red rendering above. Credit: Henrik Fisker

Another outcome of a longstanding partnership between renowned Swiss watch maker Maurice Lacroix and Henrik Fisker, is a Skeleton chronograph integrated into the dash, as well as specially trimmed leather surfaces from Italian furniture manufacturer, Natuzzi. Thunderbolt also includes a unique champagne/wine bottle holder – the first of its kind in a two-seat sports coupe – for securely transporting a bottle or two, to dinner parties as a gift.

It should be noted the Thunderbolt is in no way affiliated with, sponsored or endorsed by Aston Martin. Developed purely as a design study, the prototype unveiled at Amelia Island is a design study only, and Henrik Fisker's personal view. There will be no commercialization of the prototype shown at Amelia.

Based on initial response however, an extremely limited number of additional cars could be made on a special order basis, available exclusively through Galpin Aston Martin, ensuring that the vehicle remains a true collectible and rare sight.

These secondary coach-built Thunderbolts would feature a revised front end as shown on the red rendering, a new unique grill and a revised infotainment system without the curved Panasonic screen – as it is a prototype.

All body modifications, would be performed through a program using renowned concept car builder GFMI Metalcrafters Inc., of Fountain Valley, Calif., to handle all the carbon fiber coach work. Additional performance and interior upgrades would be executed through Galpin Auto Sports.

“Aston Martin already makes some of the most beautiful and powerful cars available today,” said Galpin Aston Martin President, Beau Boeckmann. “Henrik’s design builds upon this. It’s simply beautiful and really must be seen in-person to understand what an amazing piece of sculptural art it is. The Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance is one of the premier car shows in the world, celebrating coach building and fine design, this was the perfect place for Thunderbolt’s debut.”

For more information on Thunderbolt, or to discuss commissioning a built-to-order version of the car, owners are encouraged to contact Steve McCord from Galpin Auto Sports at (818) 922-3800, or visit www.GalpinAstonMartin.com.

So took a Vanquish and swapped out the interior for a 90's Ford's parts bin. :rolleyes: Exterior looks OK, back looks like a Jag XF.

Seriously, when did adding a bodykit constitute creating a whole new model and marque :lol:

The rear quarters with the curved hump and the glass... so sexy...

As for the rest, it's nice but at the same time i still can't make up my mind if it's really that good...

Especially the push button transmission where they are located... ridiculous...

Especially the push button transmission where they are located... ridiculous...

That's actually from the Vanquish, which this car is built off of. Aston Martin has been doing it like that for a while now. I can't say I'm a fan either, but a simple manual option will fix that ;)

That's actually from the Vanquish, which this car is built off of. Aston Martin has been doing it like that for a while now. I can't say I'm a fan either, but a simple manual option will fix that ;)
Possible to make an electric car manual, but it is largely unnecessary.

Like the back, but I'm afraid it's Holly Willoughby's bum with Keith Lemon's face. That front is so bad...

They are suing Fisker for making a car that looks like an exaggerated knock off of an already exaggerated knock off of a knock off of a knock off of a knock off of a design he penned in the first place?

Will Porsche be similarly allowed to sue "The 1980s" to make it a class action?

Last edited:
They are suing Fisker for making a car that looks like an exaggerated knock off of an already exaggerated knock off of a knock off of a knock off of a knock off of a design he penned in the first place?

Will Porsche be similarly allowed to sue "The 1980s" to make it a class action?
Anybody can sue anybody these days.

Yes, because they own that design, the one Fisker penned, and all those "knock offs" too.

Shame. I wonder if he had just gone to Aston & proposed a partnership with them similar to Zagato, that the car might have seen production.

If it was so obvious, why say it?
That's a very good question. Why did you say it? Since I was deliberately and obviously joking in reference to the aside I made earlier about Aston liberally copying their own designs (as did someone else before me) and the further irony that the most original road design an Aston has had in a decade is too close for Aston's comfort; did you really think that "well, Aston Martin owns Aston Martin car designs" was a revelation to a person who asked if Porsche had grounds to sue a period of time?

Or was there simply so little self reflection on your part in your rush to state something ball breakingly obvious that you took a post that included someone asking if Porsche could sue a decade as being a serious statement?

That's a very good question. Why did you say it? Since I was deliberately and obviously joking in reference to the aside I made earlier about Aston liberally copying their own designs (as did someone else before me) and the further irony that the most original road design an Aston has had in a decade is too close for Aston's comfort; did you really think that "well, Aston Martin owns Aston Martin car designs" was a revelation to a person who asked if Porsche had grounds to sue a period of time?

Or was there simply so little self reflection on your part in your rush to state something ball breakingly obvious that you took a post that included someone asking if Porsche could sue a decade as being a serious statement?
Irony doesn't translate well onto a screen, you know.

Back