Update 1.17 Undocumented Changes Thread (READ OP)

• Thread starter CinnamonOD
  • 189 comments
Mexico
Tijuana, B.C.
MRT_Cinnamon
This is not the discussion thread, that thread is here

Have you found a new bug in the game's newest version? Go to this thread.

Do you have any complaint about the Update? Go to The Epic Whining & Crying Thread, or, if you consider it appropiate, the Update Dicussion Thread (Link on the top of the post).

Post a pic with your claim, otherwise I'll consider it to be fake.

Documented Changes:
  • The LEXUS LF-LC GT “Vision Gran Turismo”, “Alpine Vision Gran Turismo” and “Alpine Vision Gran Turismo Race Mode” have been released.
  • The “Alpine Vision GT” racing suits and helmets have been added to the [Special Outfits] page of the [Racing Gear] option within the [TUNING & SERVICING] section, accessible from "My Home". The suits and helmets can also be obtained from the corresponding Seasonal Events, available only for a limited time.
  • The issue regarding the "Championship" race found after installing Update 1.16, where it was not possible to resume a Championship race that was previously suspended while playing in "B-Spec" mode, has been fixed.
i18SUjMrX0Rcscc.jpg

i1awdkpiBzk8HRH.jpg

There is a game-breaking bug that involves custom transmissions resetting to default settings, for more information, go to this thread

Undocumented Changes:
  • There is a report of the tire noise being changed, but there are discussions wether it is only being available to the newest Lexus VGT seasonal or the whole game.
  • There is a report of the crash physics being improved, with the "Moon Gravity Effect" being almost completely removed. Taking this video as proof, it's safe to say that there has been changes in crash physics (Thanks to @Lewis_Hamilton_ for the video!)
  • The Custom Wings in the Generic Wings section are now called "Special Wings" (1.16 and before & 1.17)
  • The Number box on the Honda NSX-R LM Prototype Race Car, previously missing, are now there (1.16 & 1.17)

Last edited:
Tire noise change? Anyone else notice it?
I can confirm that it is specific to that event. I tried with multiple cars on multiple tracks including Fuji, and the tire screeching sounds are the same as they've always been. And yes, I tried the Lexus outside of the seasonal and it hasn't been changed. But I do think that maybe the screeching has been toned down slightly. Either that, or the Lexus is just that loud. It sounds fantastic, by the way.

I can confirm that it is specific to that event. I tried with multiple cars on multiple tracks including Fuji, and the tire screeching sounds are the same as they've always been. And yes, I tried the Lexus outside of the seasonal and it hasn't been changed. But I do think that maybe the screeching has been toned down slightly. Either that, or the Lexus is just that loud. It sounds fantastic, by the way.
Okay, thank you. Also, yes, it sounds amazing.

This may of been fixed an update or two ago but previously this never happened to me, when you select "sort by milage" in garage it will update information and display correctly.

Very sorry if this has been fixed in a previous update but as I said it has never happened to me till then.

Seems like the different tire sound is exclusively for the Lexus VGT only. Which is weird since I think that tire sound would be an amazing update for all cars since its very close to what tires actually sound like when losing a little grip. The current tire sounds sounds like like a madman braking hard into a car crash...when in reality you're understaring a little. A bit too dramatic for me. I tried all tire compounds on the cars I drive the most (370z, TS030 hybrid and the FT-1), It does sound like the tire screeching has been toned down a bit but like I said the Lexus tire sounds would've been great for all the cars. What a shame.

Seems like the different tire sound is exclusively for the Lexus VGT only. Which is weird since I think that tire sound would be an amazing update for all cars since its very close to what tires actually sound like when losing a little grip. The current tire sounds sounds like like a madman braking hard into a car crash...when in reality you're understaring a little. A bit too dramatic for me. I tried all tire compounds on the cars I drive the most (370z, TS030 hybrid and the FT-1), It does sound like the tire screeching has been toned down a bit but like I said the Lexus tire sounds would've been great for all the cars. What a shame.

Isn't it possible they do this on purpose and somebody from PD is stalking this undocumented changes thread if we like or hate the changes? Now you've said the tire sounds from the Lexus are as good as they supposed to copy this sound to all the cars, it is now a recommendation for them to do that in the following update (or hotfix).

Isn't it possible they do this on purpose and somebody from PD is stalking this undocumented changes thread if we like or hate the changes? Now you've said the tire sounds from the Lexus are as good as they supposed to copy this sound to all the cars, it is now a recommendation for them to do that in the following update (or hotfix).
In that case.. PD WE NEED THESE NEW SOUNDS!!! :lol:

^ Just a suggestion, but perhaps keep the number of reaction gifs down for those with slower connections? (And I believe Chrome has problems with gifs too).

Anyway, I'm pretty convinced that the crash and roll over physics have recieved a vast improvement. Kind of difficult to describe, but for one the moon like gravity when your car left the ground has almost gone. Not entirely, but nearly. The car does not act so weird anymore especially when upside-down or on it's nose, it's much quicker to return to the ground whatever it's position and angle, the same also applies when you have been thrown into the air, the car returns to the ground quite a bit quicker.

Violently rolling over seems much more natural too, it finally seems like the car keeps it's mass and momentum when performing multiple rolls whereas before it seemed floaty, cumbersome, the speed of the roll would change depending on whether the car was upside-down or not and in general completely unrealistic. You also seem to perform more rolls as a result now too. I'll get round to uploading some footage some time.

Chrome doesn't have problems with GIFs. Not for me, at least.

Fair do's. I think it's better than it supposedly used to be but I see people still complaining about it on other forums frequently (can bring the whole system to a halt). I only use Chrome if I'm viewing 60fps videos on Youtube, for everything else I use Waterfox.

So while going to record some of the crash physics, I noticed that when you drive across the dirt on Willow Springs, the replay camera now changes to onboard bumper cam until you return to the circuit, instead of the fairly distant camera from the start line area. I don't know if that's new to this update or not, but it has to be a pretty recent change.

I can confirm you that your wrong.

The tire screech is exclusive to Lexus VGT on any track and mode. Makes you feel if PD tested the new tire skid sounds.

Also: On rolling starts, before you start, it used the replay camera before the patch. Now its straight to the drivers view.

@Siren Tone down the GIF please. Its so bad for connection and the device it becomes unfunny.

On rolling starts, before you start, it used the replay camera before the patch. Now its straight to the drivers view.
I did the 24 minute Nurb race in the S class with the new Lexus for some odd reason. (I never do that race anymore.) It started with the replay cam and not the interior as you said it did with a rolling start. (which the race has.)

I did the 24 minute Nurb race in the S class with the new Lexus for some odd reason. (I never do that race anymore.) It started with the replay cam and not the interior as you said it did with a rolling start. (which the race has.)
Probably only arcade. Also its not always the cockpit view, its whatever your gameplay view is.

"Bad wording".

Lots of adverts changed around fuji who's Leon . There is a BMW billboard also a sign saying wakos lol. A few blank ones too so there still stuff to add. Also the smoke is more refined a dispersed better.

All seen using lexus Vgt seasonal

Have you tried in arcade mode with another car aswell?

Strange, I mean it could be due to my poor sound quality, but when I drove it outside of the seasonal, it sounded like the regular squeal to me. I'll give it another go once I get home from work.

Latest Posts

Back