Toyota Corolla Altis ESport... Nurburgring Edition...?

United States
Fort Worth
That_sneaky_azN
corolla-altis-esport-nurburgring-edition-025-1.jpg

So Toyota's Thailand division created a special edition Toyota Corolla Altis named the ESport Nurburgring Edition.
... What???
bya4fo8kjbfmnktq6hy2.jpg

corolla-altis-esport-nurburgring-edition-018-1.jpg

corolla-altis-esport-nurburgring-edition-024-1.jpg

corolla-altis-esport-nurburgring-edition-021-1.jpg

The only performance change I have read about this car is a re-calibrated suspension. Other than that, it still uses the SAME 1.8L 141 HP engine it has been using.​

Last edited:
A Nurburgring sticker would look better on a pickup truck than a Corolla. Sure, there probably hasn't ever been a truck race at the Nurburgring but no truck ever finished last there.

Basically it's like the Nürburgring stickers you see on Volkswagen Passat Estates over here, except the fact, this time it's done by Toyota rather than a middle-aged man with 3 children.

And a GT86 finished 1st in that class. Which, you know, is also a Toyota, of which a Nurburgring edition probably would have made more sense.
And it'd be easier probably. Get some slightly larger tires, massage the engine, give it some aero, and you've got the GT86-Nurburgring Edition. Heck it could be quite the performance car.

Basically it's like the Nürburgring stickers you see on Volkswagen Passat Estates over here, except the fact, this time it's done by Toyota rather than a middle-aged man with 3 children.
So now it will be Grandma's with 3 grand children.

I imagine it's quite an achievement to make it around the Nurburgring that slowly for 24 hours without getting trundled off by some random Porsche in the middle of the night...

so... uh... yeah. Good job. Definitely worth a special edition trim level.

Remind's me of this Advert

I saw this Advert while i was in a mall in Bangkok with my family last summer and i looked at some TV screen's with this showing up.

I imagine it's quite an achievement to make it around the Nurburgring that slowly for 24 hours without getting trundled off by some random Porsche in the middle of the night...

so... uh... yeah. Good job. Definitely worth a special edition trim level.
Don't you mean Ferrari? :lol:

The current US spec Corolla has grown on me quite a bit. Hated it at first, but it's a sharp looking little car in the top trim with the HID's.

u48ynzszmgbsbstbfwjk.jpg

The Corolla does not come with any HID's actually, all the trim levels actually come with LED, which is why they always appear more purple. So really,you can always tell when a new corolla is approaching.

The only new Asian compacts that come with HID's are the mazda 3 and the KIA Forte.

The Corolla does not come with any HID's actually, all the trim levels actually come with LED, which is why they always appear more purple. So really,you can always tell when a new corolla is approaching.

The only new Asian compacts that come with HID's are the mazda 3 and the KIA Forte.
The more you know.

Not directed towards you, my bad, but...

A Nurburgring edition should actually happen on a car when that said car model does something great on the track such as:

A fast lap time
A podium finish

True, but at least this car was on the track and doing something (supposedly racing from what I hear :sly:) as to where a truck just having it makes less sense. Cause one hasn't touched the track (production wise) thus logically saying it is better on one tells me a few things. One *insert unrelated liked object to detract from subject* and two it's a Corolla so let's talk it down with the most off the wall idea.

Other than that I agree, this car is the second to last thing that shouldn't bare the name Nurburgring on it. While the last thing on the list would be any truck. (see what I did there ;))

*Note: Also I understand that you weren't directing it at me, but thanks anyways.

and two it's a Corolla so let's talk it down with the most off the wall idea.
With it being a Corolla, I'm just waiting for more car people to throw their toys out of the pram once the news start spreading. I'm seeing some, er, "magnificent" comments in Jalopnik already, as well as AutoBlog.
AutoBlog Member
Four words I never thought would be in the same sentence...

We may laugh, but Toyota is dead serious about turning around its staid image through these marketing pushes.

We just had our second Vios (Yaris) Cup race here... and in a country that's too poor to support a decent touring car series (not even one with twenty year old Civics, the one we've been hosting for the past... twenty... years), Toyota has managed to get a forty car grid.

Forty.frickin'.cars. And only half-a-dozen are manufacturer sponsored. The rest are privately owned. Fully caged, LSD, racing clutch, brakes, fully stripped. The works.

And from the first race, local sales for that model jumped over 60%. That's no joke.

Give people the right hook, and they'll buy anything. :D

Not overly surprised. The Gazoo Racing organized Vitz Race Netz Cup has been hugely successful in Japan for over 15 years now.
B5buENhCIAEIRyg.jpg

Are the Philippino cars also prepped to racing spec by TRD?

corolla-altis-esport-nurburgring-edition-025-1.jpg

So Toyota's Thailand division created a special edition Toyota Corolla Altis named the ESport Nurburgring Edition.
... What???
bya4fo8kjbfmnktq6hy2.jpg

corolla-altis-esport-nurburgring-edition-018-1.jpg

corolla-altis-esport-nurburgring-edition-024-1.jpg

corolla-altis-esport-nurburgring-edition-021-1.jpg

The only performance change I have read about this car is a re-calibrated suspension. Other than that, it still uses the SAME 1.8L 141 HP engine it has been using.​
I honestly think that this car isn't terrible. There are parts I don't like about it, but there are cars that are much worse.

Back