• 90 comments

RACECAR

Owner/Promoter/Organizer/Driver/ETC
Premium
United States
Addison,Texas
GTP_RACECAR
Original thread format by @Johnnypenso

Every update brings with it the possibility of undocumented changes to the game. Please post any undocumented changes you find in the 1.18 update and I'll update the OP regularly to reflect any changes found.

1. Please also make a concerted effort to verify these changes to the best of your ability.
2. If you need help from the community to verify something, don't be afraid to ask.
3. Be as specific and detailed as you can with the information including a brief description of the bug or improvement before it was fixed/changed (if applicable) and how it was fixed. If English is not your first language that's ok, just do the best you can.

THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE PROS AND CONS OF THE UPDATE or anything else other than undocumented changes in the update. Confine those to the appropriate thread created by @nowcontrol

Update Discussion Thread..........

New bugs, glitches, errors etc....

GTP News Section Article...........

Camber Discussion Thread.........

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/is-camber-fixed-discuss-it-here.321270/

Documented Changes

GT Academy 2015

“GT Academy 2015″ has been added to the “Special Events” section. Eligible countries, schedules and other details will follow in a separate notification.

Correction of Issues

We have fixed the issue found after the 1.17 update where the settings of the [Fully Customizable Transmission] were being reset to default after entering a race.

Other

• Improved the engine sounds for the Volkswagen GTI Roadster Vision Gran Turismo
  • Adjusted the deployment timings of the air brake for the Alpine Vision Gran Turismo, Alpine Vision Gran Turismo Race Mode, and Chevrolet Chaparral 2X Vision Gran Turismo, when using the (DUALSHOCK®3) wireless controller.

Undocumented Changes

-Accessing Community, Messages, and News perfomance is now improved significantly.
-Tire sounds from the Lexus LFLC Vision GT have been fixed.

-Following cars added for GT Academy 2015:

GT-R NISMO (GT Academy 2015)
GT-R NISMO GT3 GT Academy Team RJN (GT Academy 2015)
Z11SN Greaves Motorsport '13
Z11SN Greaves Motorsport (GT Academy 2015)

-The Honda S2000 LM Race car now has a matching number on its hood.

Last edited:
This is not an in-game change.... But I've spotted a change to the online leader board section of gran-turismo.com that has coincided with this update, so I think it's worth a mention here.

You can now switch between 'World Ranking' and 'Friend Rankings' via a drop down box at the top right of the Online Rankings...

Capture-002.jpg

:D 👍

I dunno if it's me but I've noticed some subtle Exhaust pops with the AES Sound equipped cars. The VW VGT GTI has those pops audible if you start the car in a higher gear and treat the throttle like an on/off switch
I've noticed that pop too, but I've only tried the VW VGT today, no other cars.

> https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/zytek-z11sn-nissan-lmp2-greaves-motorsport-42-2013.300380/ :D

In 2013, Greaves Motorsport and Jota Sport both remained in the European Le Mans Series with their Z11SN chassis. The season started successfully, with Jota Sport taking a victory at the 2013 6 Hours of Silverstone. Caterham Motorsport announced that they would be entering the 24 Hours of Le Mans for the first time, using a Z11SN, with Alexander Rossi, Tom Kimber-Smith and Eric Lux as their drivers. The entry was a joint venture between Caterham and Greaves Motorsport, with Greaves also entering a Z11SN under their own banner, driven by Jann Mardenborough, Lucas Ordóñez and Michael Krumm. Jota Sport also entered the event with a Z11SN, with their drivers Simon Dolan, Oliver Turvey and Lucas Luhr. The Greaves Motorsport entry was the most successful of the three, as Mardenborough, Ordonez and Krumm finished fourth in the LMP2 category.

👍

Had a look at car list:

GT-R NISMO (GT Academy 2015)
GT-R NISMO GT3 GT Academy Team RJN (GT Academy 2015)
Z11SN Greaves Motorsport '13
Z11SN Greaves Motorsport (GT Academy 2015)
I guess it's going to be like last year and a hacker will unlock the cars and show us how they look like.

Nice cars 👍.

I like this news! What about the GT-R GT3? Always the same?

Is there a difference between the two Zytek in term of performance?

Back