Help in matching a livery color

Guatemala
Guatemala City,
forandypand@hotmail.com
Hello hello, here to ask the community for a little help and lend me your sights.

I am currently looking for a specific color, solid blue to be exact:

512px-Solid_blue.svg.png

It's basically the blue known as Pure Blue, the type of blue that has no mix with any other color (R0, G0, B255).

However, since I am admittedly a bit colorblind I tend to mistrust my own perception of color, which is why I could use your generous assistance and feedback in identifying a proper chip that matches that specific color spec.

One color chip that I think (Do correct me if I am wrong though, again, sort of colorblind here) is a close that is the Capri Blue found on the Ford Ka (If memory serves), but are there other solid color chips that are closer to the R0 G0 B255 spec?

Hello hello, here to ask the community for a little help and lend me your sights.

I am currently looking for a specific color, solid blue to be exact:

512px-Solid_blue.svg.png

It's basically the blue known as Pure Blue, the type of blue that has no mix with any other color (R0, G0, B255).

However, since I am admittedly a bit colorblind I tend to mistrust my own perception of color, which is why I could use your generous assistance and feedback in identifying a proper chip that matches that specific color spec.

One color chip that I think (Do correct me if I am wrong though, again, sort of colorblind here) is a close that is the Capri Blue found on the Ford Ka (If memory serves), but are there other solid color chips that are closer to the R0 G0 B255 spec?
What???

What what? I thought Alpha was very clear in his (his?... her?) post.

I don't have a lot of paint chips, m'self, so not sure what would be closest to R0, G0, B255. Hopefully, one of the other GTP members will be able to assist. :)

edit:

Curious. What livery are you trying to match? The only livery that leaps to mind that uses blue is the famous Gulf livery, but it's more of a baby blue, than Pure Blue.

That, or Red Bull livery, but that's a much darker shade of blue.

Last edited:
Curious. What livery are you trying to match? The only livery that leaps to mind that uses blue is the famous Gulf livery, but it's more of a baby blue, than Pure Blue.

Thanks for the notice. Mmmmhhh, not any famous livery in particular, just simply a pure blue. I took a peak at the baby blue, and your right, not exactly the blue I am looking for.

Anyways, @AlphaAndius I have a few Blues that match your color swatch, just not sure where they came from. One is simply called "Blue". I'll look around for you and see if I can come up with anything.

I appreciate that man. I'll take a look and see it.

For the record, next time you all play GT6, can you at least confirm to me that the Capri Blue found in the Ford Ka is a "Blue blue" with little to no shades or mix with other colors? I'd like a second pair of eyes to confirm because as I mentioned earlier, I tend to mistrust my own eyes (especially when I confuse purple and blue once in a while).

For the record, next time you all play GT6, can you at least confirm to me that the Capri Blue found in the Ford Ka is a "Blue blue" with little to no shades or mix with other colors? I'd like a second pair of eyes to confirm because as I mentioned earlier, I tend to mistrust my own eyes (especially when I confuse purple and blue once in a while).
No worries, mate; I'll give it a look, next time I hop on. :)

The blue of the Ka is a little bit darker than R0G0B255. You could try Mariner blue from the original Premium Miata, which is not as intensive as 'pure blue' or the legendary Bay Side Blue (Any R34) which is a metallic color.

The blue of the Ka is a little bit darker than R0G0B255. You could try Mariner blue from the original Premium Miata, which is not as intensive as 'pure blue' or the legendary Bay Side Blue (Any R34) which is a metallic color.

Mmhh, I see. Just gave a look to the Mariner Blue from the Miata. Very lovely tone, must admit, it seemed a little brighter than I expected, but still, pretty nice. The metallic blue from the R34 was also awesome and great match should I ever fancy metallic variants. I appreciate the input.

I agree with @MonGnoM about capri blue being a little on the purplish side.

That kind of blue tone is one of my favorite colors @AlphaAndius, it's hard to find a nice solid blue, it's mostly metallic or pearl...

I would try reflex blue from the Caterham or if you have the special anniversary paints there's a polarized blue paint that's also a close match but it has a pinkish hue to it. Give them a try and hope one of them works for you:cheers:

I can think of a solid colour from the Lancer Evolution VII that may be similar... French Blue (I think).

Also, there is a blue on the Peugeot 106 Raylle that may work but I can't think of the name.

The "Europablau" is the bluest blue i know, but it's a metallicc colour...

The Capri Blue form the Ford Ka is more a kind of a violet-ish blue.

Mmhh, yeah, for the moment, I am looking more on the solid blue collection. And yeah, just now I noticed that it is more oriented towards the violet (Opted to use a RGB color detector, it definitely had tints of violet). Thanks for the input

I am not sure but I think the Lupo 1.4 or the GTI have a pretty intensive blue, however I could be completely confusing this with the beautiful 'Fantasiagrün'. :)

Confirmed. The Lupo 1.4 has Softblue, but it is too bright and certainly too soft with what I had in mind. The Lupo GTI is Ravennablau Metallic, and yeah, lovely blue, but it be metallic, not what I am looking for. I appreciate the suggestion though.

I agree with @MonGnoM about capri blue being a little on the purplish side.

That kind of blue tone is one of my favorite colors @AlphaAndius, it's hard to find a nice solid blue, it's mostly metallic or pearl...

I would try reflex blue from the Caterham or if you have the special anniversary paints there's a polarized blue paint that's also a close match but it has a pinkish hue to it. Give them a try and hope one of them works for you:cheers:

Agreed. Still, the Capri Blue is truly a lovely color, not many colors as intense as the Capri Blue ^^. Just picked up the Reflex blue from the Caterham, must admit, I am liking it despite it's pinkish hue, going to make it a candidate for the color I seek. Thank you very much! Cheers to you as well!

Check the VW Bora, it has a very solid blue paint chip.

Just picked it up. It be the Jazzblue Perleffekt. Lovely color, but it is not as solid as I would have liked (having a bit of pearl texture to it). But if I ever want to switch to pearl, I got a good blue though. Thank you so much!

I can think of a solid colour from the Lancer Evolution VII that may be similar... French Blue (I think).

Also, there is a blue on the Peugeot 106 Raylle that may work but I can't think of the name.

Just picked up the French blue from the Lancer Evo VII, definately a good blue. Also, the 106 Rallye is Blue Santorin. I also liked it as well. Thank you very much.

You all have been most helpful. I appreciate your time.

Royal Blue is better than French Racing Blue. I'm also color-blind but would like to find pure blues as well.

Try the blue from the Ford Focus ST170, very vibrant mid blue (can't remember its name but the car only comes in two colours)

GT6 Polarized 016 was the closest I could find out of my paint chips. Doesn't have much of a metallic effect, so I think it's pretty close to what you're looking for.

You'll need the Anniversery Edition of GT6 to get it though.

Oi oi, just following up on this.

Could be the settings on my telly, but the Capri Blue on the Ka looks to have a wee bit of a purple hue.

The blue paint chip that's available on the Ford SVT F-150 looks closer, but still not quite right.

Back