328ci vs 156 vs legacy vs galant

• Thread starter bla
  • 8 comments

bla

Instead of me doing all the talking I want to hear opinions first.

Basic figures after modified:

328ci - Highest torque, good hp, fr, heaviest car together with the galant
156 2.5 v6 - 6 speed gearbox, lightest car, ff, low torque
98 legacy sedan gt- best hp, average torque, light weight, f4wd
99 galant vr-4 - lowest hp, good torque, heaviest car, f4wd

This is just my experiences:

(I hope this is the moddable 3 series BMW)

I liked trhe bmw with the mod on. Surprisingly quick and quick a good handler.

No great fan of alfa period. Looks good with mod, but i find it lacks go and has more then its fair share of front end washout.

I like the legacy. Mod is a bit plain jane, but has a nice engine note and is deceptively quick. Good handler and nice midrange make it a good racer.

Galant is underrated. 4wd make it a good handler and has acceptable amount of grunt. Black mod is very pleasing to hte eye.

My verdict:

Legacy or beemer :)

Yep - legacy or beemer.
The legacy wasn´t originaly part of the group and lacks some real comparison. Anyway gathering some driving experience and raw stats I´d say he rates high.
The others were tested in one of the best races in gt2, the gt300.
The 328ci was the one who always got better results followed by the alfa. Comparing the legacy and the 328ci I´d say that despite being heavier the 328ci feels more nimble and agile.

Now a special looks award:
galant - best looking car ever. The front end is one of my all time favourites and I kid you not.
156 - best colour schemes.
328ci - average (I´m glad I could change the rims)
legacy - lose the pink! Please!!

What about the AMG C43? This one is very fast too..
I have the clk320 sport instead. It´s a good thing you reminded me of the mercs cause this clk320 could be in the same group.
Anyway when I bought the 320 I also considered the c43. What do you think? Keep in mind that this isn´t a add-on but a replacement cause my garage is full (both of them). Amg c43 instead of clk320 sport?

Originally posted by bla
Yep - legacy or beemer.
The legacy wasn´t originaly part of the group and lacks some real comparison. Anyway gathering some driving experience and raw stats I´d say he rates high.
The others were tested in one of the best races in gt2, the gt300.
The 328ci was the one who always got better results followed by the alfa. Comparing the legacy and the 328ci I´d say that despite being heavier the 328ci feels more nimble and agile.

Now a special looks award:
galant - best looking car ever. The front end is one of my all time favourites and I kid you not.
156 - best colour schemes.
328ci - average (I´m glad I could change the rims)
legacy - lose the pink! Please!!

I have the clk320 sport instead. It´s a good thing you reminded me of the mercs cause this clk320 could be in the same group.
Anyway when I bought the 320 I also considered the c43. What do you think? Keep in mind that this isn´t a add-on but a replacement cause my garage is full (both of them). Amg c43 instead of clk320 sport?

:eek: stay away from the clk 320! I kicked its arse in 2player with a '91 Aristo !! out of those two definitely go for the C43, but then again, I'd have to hear which car it would replace in the garage before I said go ahead with it :D

I´d say the 320 but I´ll have to take a look in my garage.
Actually one or two other cars come to mind. I´ll get to it... but not right now, gt2 is on standby. Lets just say that I can start taking part in races again, 2 player battles, have good frame rates... and... and watch the arcade intro again without having the cardigans playing the slow version of the song.
Soon, very soon muaaahahahah.

Originally posted by bla
I´d say the 320 but I´ll have to take a look in my garage.
Actually one or two other cars come to mind. I´ll get to it... but not right now, gt2 is on standby. Lets just say that I can start taking part in races again, 2 player battles, have good frame rates... and... and watch the arcade intro again without having the cardigans playing the slow version of the song.
Soon, very soon muaaahahahah.

good, good. so thats why you've been so quiet lately :D Hope that changes soon ;)

Finished selecting my desktop image, windows intro sound and adding the start menu shortcuts. Finally... after some BLASTing problems. Bloody autumn comming with all the viruses and ****.

But man I finnaly got to take the gt2 sim disk out of the shelf and was gt300 rocking... I gotta say the 1st or second best competion on the game. Now I only need to feel some ge-force to top the experience and later my coup de grace a steering wheel :D.

Anyway tested some mercs: the c43 is a bit overpowered for the class in question but the weight brings him back to earth. Another guy for the group could also be the slk - good close racing on gt300.

Originally posted by bla
Finished selecting my desktop image, windows intro sound and adding the start menu shortcuts. Finally... after some BLASTing problems. Bloody autumn comming with all the viruses and ****.

But man I finnaly got to take the gt2 sim disk out of the shelf and was gt300 rocking... I gotta say the 1st or second best competion on the game. Now I only need to feel some ge-force to top the experience and later my coup de grace a steering wheel :D.

Anyway tested some mercs: the c43 is a bit overpowered for the class in question but the weight brings him back to earth. Another guy for the group could also be the slk - good close racing on gt300.

SLK has a kick ass race mod :D

Back