GPS Visualizer?

• Thread starter twitcher
  • 19 comments
Canada
Canada
Sorry in advance if this is a repeat topic, or in the wrong section. I did a quick search of "GPS Visualizer", and didn't find anything discussing functionality.

So, my question is...is the GPS visualizer up and running yet? Can you actually take a Toybaru to Tsukuba and log a hot lap, and then load it onto GT6??

The reason I'm asking, is there is a Formula D event taking place at Fuji Speedway in the near future, and I was going to send a message to Fredrick Aasbo asking if he could record a lap of the circuit in his RS*R 86GT....only major issue being that Freddy is sponsored by SH, and they're all about NFS.

There's also D1GP from Tsukuba in June (just missed D1 Suzuka). D1GP is still sponsored by Gran Turismo (every car has a GT windshield banner), so perhaps a D1 driver could do it. But I don't speak Japanese, and I don't seem to be from a high enough plane of existence to be able to communicate with PD, so that's why I'm banking on Aasbo.

There's also still rounds of Super GT at Fuji, Suzuka, and Motegi later this year. Could we get a lap of one of those cars? JP Oliviera in the CALSONIC GTR???

Has anyone actually got any use out of this feature yet? Or have I been living under a rock?

It was added in 1.06, so it should be working. You need to have a car that has a "Sports Drive Logger" though, I don't know if Aasbo's car has got one of those.

It was added in 1.06, so it should be working. You need to have a car that has a "Sports Drive Logger" though, I don't know if Aasbo's car has got one of those.
I remember when it was added, I'm just saying I've heard absolutely squat about it since it was added...to the point where I haven't even seen evidence that it actually works.

I'm also kind of guessing Aasbo's 86 does not have the data logger equipped, but feel that's a minor detail in the context of the big picture of "does it actually work".

Does anyone know any more details about this "feature"????​

I remember when it was added, I'm just saying I've heard absolutely squat about it since it was added...to the point where I haven't even seen evidence that it actually works.

I'm also kind of guessing Aasbo's 86 does not have the data logger equipped, but feel that's a minor detail in the context of the big picture of "does it actually work".

I too have yet to see an example of it being used.

I think we'll have to wait until someone with an actual Toyobaru shows up on actual Fuji/Suzuka/Tsukuba and drives there to analyze their driving technique on their PS3 :lol:

I'm not laughing about the feature being bad. It's infinitely awesome that GT6/PD has things like that going for them; I'm more about Visualiser's versatility.

Anyway, here's an example of its use; the only I managed to find so far:

I don't want to derail this thread into a PD hate debate, but I don't quite see why PD bothered making a feature that only a teeny tiny fraction of players will use... I don't think people will use a PS3 and a copy of GT6 to analyze their driving data.
There's probably a gap in my thinking here and feel free to prove me wrong; that's just my opinion.

Last edited:

It does work. The reason why you haven't heard squat about it is that it only works with Toyota cars equipped with a "Sports Drive Logger" or Nissan cars equipped with a "NissanConnect NISMO Plus" and that it's compatible with only a handful of tracks around the world.

I don't quite see why PD bothered making a feature that only a teeny tiny fraction of players will use... I don't think people will use a PS3 and a copy of GT6 to analyze their driving data.
There's probably a gap in my thinking here and feel free to prove me wrong; that's just my opinion.

The idea came from Toyota originally, they wanted a telemetry feature that they could use with their GT86. They spoke to PD about it and that's how it came to be.

It's yet another feature PD threw in for bragging rights. It's not brag-worthy, but that's why it's there. 👍

It's a really neat idea, if it worked for more than 2.3% of the community. (And I would never buy a Toyota in my life)

It's yet another feature PD threw in for bragging rights. It's not brag-worthy, but that's why it's there. 👍

It's a really neat idea, if it worked for more than 2.3% of the community. (And I would never buy a Toyota in my life)

Just like any feature of any system is there for bragging rights :rolleyes:

Just like any feature of any system is there for bragging rights :rolleyes:
It's good you have a point, otherwise this would be a terrible and pointless post.

I called it useless. Sorry that pisses you off.
It's STUPID!

Now I called it stupid too.
Bye.

Mirror mirror on the wall...
Well if you have something to say to indicate reasoning that it's for anything other than bragging rights, by all means...

PD is developing a history of semi-useless features, because they're too far ahead of time. 3D capability in GT5 was another one. They'll probably have something in GT7 that nobody can use too.
What I'm getting at, is these features are installed because of a paycheck. Push this product. ;)

Well if you have something to say to indicate reasoning that it's for anything other than bragging rights, by all means...

Check the earlier posts. Toyota wanted a telemetry system for their cars, they thought that it would be cool to see a replay if your lap in a game, and to be able to analyse the telemetry.

PD is developing a history of semi-useless features, because they're too far ahead of time. 3D capability in GT5 was another one. They'll probably have something in GT7 that nobody can use too.

It's only useless if you haven't got the equipment (much like wheel compability, or 3D TV compability). Besides, the target audience for this feature isnt GT6 gamers, it's Toyota / Nissan owners.

What I'm getting at, is these features are installed because of a paycheck. Push this product. ;)

So it's not for bragging rights anymore?

The 3D TV feature is probably for two reasons: 1. To promote 3D TV's for people who don't already have one. 2. To make 3D TV's useful for those who do. Sony and PD are part of the same company, of course they make their own products compatible with each other, there's no need for a paycheck to make that happen.

Check the earlier posts. Toyota wanted a telemetry system for their cars, they thought that it would be cool to see a replay if your lap in a game, and to be able to analyse the telemetry.
Because of all the people that race Toyota's and play Gran Turismo, obviously.

It's only useless if you haven't got the equipment (much like wheel compability, or 3D TV compability). Besides, the target audience for this feature isnt GT6 gamers, it's Toyota / Nissan owners.
Which in this case, 99.99991% do not have the equipment, and/or location.

So it's not for bragging rights anymore?
Of course it is. In your own words,(below) there is no need for a paycheck. Funny how you want to use both sides of this coin.

The 3D TV feature is probably for two reasons: 1. To promote 3D TV's for people who don't already have one. 2. To make 3D TV's useful for those who do. Sony and PD are part of the same company, of course they make their own products compatible with each other, there's no need for a paycheck to make that happen.
Sony pushes product, and GT gets bragging rights. "GT has xxx", and Forza, or whomever, doesn't.
The paycheck is debatable.

Because of all the people that race Toyota's and play Gran Turismo, obviously.

What is?

Which in this case, 99.99991% do not have the equipment, and/or location.

How fortunate then that it's not mandatory to use that feature.

Of course it is. In your own words,(below) there is no need for a paycheck. Funny how you want to use both sides of this coin.

In my own words there's no need for a paycheck to make their own products compatible with their own products. Is that your definition of bragging?

Sony pushes product, and GT gets bragging rights. "GT has xxx", and Forza, or whomever, doesn't.
The paycheck is debatable.

Again, just like any feature of any system gives "bragging rights". If you want to debate the paycheck (why?), be my guest.

What is?

How fortunate then that it's not mandatory to use that feature.

In my own words there's no need for a paycheck to make their own products compatible with their own products. Is that your definition of bragging?

Again, just like any feature of any system gives "bragging rights". If you want to debate the paycheck (why?), be my guest.
It's pointless.
If you have a problem with that, well, I guess throw a tantrum. It's stupid and pointless because nobody can use it.
Nobody even knows if it's working bro, this thread is asking if it does, and there's 4 legitimate posts responding outside of your bitching that you don't like my opinion.

How pointless can something be? This is par.

It's pointless.
If you have a problem with that, well, I guess throw a tantrum. It's stupid and pointless because nobody can use it.
Nobody even knows if it's working bro, this thread is asking if it does, and there's 4 legitimate posts responding outside of your bitching that you don't like my opinion.

How pointless can something be? This is par.

Toyota and Nissan owners can use it. And it does work, @Jordan tried it at Willow Springs.

My "bitching"? :lol:

Hello everybody!

I've been using the GPS-visualization of the PS3 but with problems. Although my data recorded the Nissan NISMO Connect Plus USB interface fit on the driving line, but not completed by the time each other. While I was in Spa-Francorchamps driving real 2:39 with the GT-R NISMO, GT6 shows after importing only 3:04 minutes. I already have tryed all the settings. The trajectory was corrected respectively by 3.4 meters upwards and to the right. Error remains. Also, I have a standard GT-R NISMO when importing selected and increased to 740 hp vehicle, as I drive it himself. The adjustment of camber, toe, force distribution and chassis in the garage, brought before importing any difference.

What am I doing wrong?

Here is the link to the video recording of my Race navigator: GT-R NISMO - Spa - 2min 39sec

Here is the link to the data of the Nissan NISMO Connect Plus in my Dropbox: DRV_LOG

If you wish play the data, then puts on the USB stick directory DRV_LOG and copies the file "2ACE4823.BIN".

Who knows the problem? Who can help?

Best regards
Markus

Hello everybody!

I've been using the GPS-visualization of the PS3 but with problems. Although my data recorded the Nissan NISMO Connect Plus USB interface fit on the driving line, but not completed by the time each other. While I was in Spa-Francorchamps driving real 2:39 with the GT-R NISMO, GT6 shows after importing only 3:04 minutes. I already have tryed all the settings. The trajectory was corrected respectively by 3.4 meters upwards and to the right. Error remains. Also, I have a standard GT-R NISMO when importing selected and increased to 740 hp vehicle, as I drive it himself. The adjustment of camber, toe, force distribution and chassis in the garage, brought before importing any difference.

What am I doing wrong?

Here is the link to the video recording of my Race navigator: GT-R NISMO - Spa - 2min 39sec

Here is the link to the data of the Nissan NISMO Connect Plus in my Dropbox: DRV_LOG

If you wish play the data, then puts on the USB stick directory DRV_LOG and copies the file "2ACE4823.BIN".

Who knows the problem? Who can help?

Best regards
Markus
You'd better create a thread for that so people can help you better. :)

Back