Gt7 first start up

• Thread starter F12TYPE
  • 25 comments
Italy
Italy
Hi everyone!
I think the fisrt time you play a videogame must be as amazing as possible, so I came out with this idea for GT7.
After you have installed the game, it will be displayed PD logo and you will be immediatly put into a car (possibly the cover car of GT7) just at the begining of Nurburgring 24h's longest straight at sunset. During this first ride there will be displayed all the major command for driving and the car will automatically change the gear to use half of rpm at its disposal. In this way the player can enjoy this scenario and learn the basics! While you are becoming closer and closer to the finish line the screen will become brighter and brighter, until, just some meters before the finish line, there will be a flash, and then all the screen turns black. After few seconds it will be displayed this sentence "this will be...the drive of your life"
Then there will be an intro (that must be epic as ****, and i'm working on it) and, after it, you can start to use GT7
p.s. There will be a new intro after the first one, more similar to GT5's one

More likely you'll start flat broke, you sell some crap, end up with 500 bucks which enables you to get a beaten up used Honda Jazz or Hyundai Getz or whatever it is called. Then after you get your low PP vehicle you will have to get a license and once that is finally done you will have the chance to go hunting for rabbits at the old Autumn Ring. Some things never change, maybe this time they will sound like cars though. Very exciting times ahead!

...Yo, send this idea IMMEDIATELY to PDI. I had their email address somewhere...{searches room} :D
Do you? That would be fantastic! :lol:

More likely you'll start flat broke, you sell some crap, end up with 500 bucks which enables you to get a beaten up used Honda Jazz or Hyundai Getz or whatever it is called. Then after you get your low PP vehicle you will have to get a license and once that is finally done you will have the chance to go hunting for rabbits at the old Autumn Ring. Some things never change, maybe this time they will sound like cars though. Very exciting times ahead!
I have to say that i don't dislike starting with a cheap and slow car but:
1) the game has to give you the freedom to choose your first car (not as in GT6 :banghead:)
2) the reward for the race has to be higher so you can afford a new car after a bunch of races and the game has to be structured to encourage the use of a wide variety of car since the beginning
3) and for those who don't like this structure there must be a new option (as well as the ability to choose AI difficulty). I think a new way could be the fact that you can start in every championship without buying any car, just choosing it from the dealership and use it. After the championship, if you have win all the races, you will receive the car you've chosen for free.

Any other idea?

Last edited:
I have to say that i don't dislike starting with a cheap and slow car but:
1) the game has to give you the freedom to choose your first car (not as in GT6 :banghead:)
2) the reward for the race has to be higher so you can afford a new car after a bunch of races and the game has to be structured to encourage the use of a wide variety of car since the beginning
3) and for those who don't like this structure there must be a new option (as well as the ability to choose AI difficulty). I think a new way could be the fact that you can start in every championship without buying any car, just choosing it from the dealership and use it. After the championship, if you have win all the race, you will receive the car you've chosen for free.

Any other idea?

Maybe finally letting you carry over the progress (credits and garage) from gt6 to 7? A renew your international license option in case you dont feel like getting allllll the licenses for the seventh time? I actually did like the idea of starting from the bottom as well but that is fine with road cars but once you start with race cars it doesn't make sense.

There could be two types of career stages. One where you are this amateur underdog and you need to grind to buy your car, pay for the upgrades, etc. And then you get to be a pro and you start with real race cars, so no buying LMPs type nonsense. You get them because a team offered you a seat/ contract...

Last edited:
No, no, no. This is GT7 we're discussing. This is how its going to happen:

Insert disc or upload game

Press 'X'

"Sony Computer Entertainment"

Disclaimer

Intro

Then once intro is finished, something that has never happened in GT7. For the first time ever in GT7's history... We will be asked to buy a car for 20, 000Cr. Then, pick an avatar race suit. Then, those that start in Career Mode get to race, for the very first time in GT7 history, in the Sunday Cup at Autumn Ring!

The rest of the users experience will make GT7 history! :cheers:

I like the idea, but as others have said, the start of all GT games has been largely the same for the last fifteen years. I doubt it'll be any different in GT7.

Fairly sure a similar thing happens in FH2.
EDIT: FH2 one sounds like you are... (I simply can't say it without getting banned). I will link. It also has the exact words this will be the drive of your life.

Man... i can see all the epicnes of this!

And i have to say, i kind like the wya the carreer mode happens in the GT series(not that much in GT6). In Pcars... i don't have the exciment to keep the carrer mode. I've started with the Karts but... i'm going to my 3rd year on the carrer, i have the game since day one.

Have some cars to unlock is a good way to keep you in the game.

I hate the Hyundai Getz as much as you appear to. (My dad has a 2 door version.) But that wasn't in GT6 and I doubt it will be in GT7.

As you insert the game's disk, you are given the option to choose: male or female player and a name.

The intro (Cut Scene 1): At La Sarthe 24hrs. of Le Mans Circuit, Racing Cars are ready to exit the Pit's Garage to proceed to the Start/Finish/Line.
One team's driver is missing and the pit crew is looking everywhere for him/her but can't find him/her. :confused:
As they only have 10 minutes left to get their car to the Start/Finish Line, the Crew Chief decides to ask the fan's on the stands: "Does anyone of you want to drive for me "? The fans go nuts and some start running down the stand's stairs, but only one fan makes it to the Pit Garage first, YOU! :nervous:
You are quickly suited up with Racing Suit/Helmet/Shoes and helped to get into the Racing Car, and as you press the engine's "Start Button", the "Cut Scene (2) Movie" starts, showing the Racing Car exiting the Pit's Garage and driving to the Start/Finish Line as the Controls Features appear on the top right corner of the screen.
The Racing Car is at the Start/Finish/Line, and just as the 5 red lights come on one by one,
the text on the screen appears: "Are You Ready for Everlasting Excitement"? It will be an "Everlasting Experience"!
You press the Start Button (when you're ready), the red light go off and ...... You're Racing!
The Crew Chief talks to you via Wifi on your helmet, and as he tells you to slow down, you turn off "Communication" and the Intro Song comes on: BTO - Let it roll (down tha highway) ........ roll ..... roll ........ roll! :ill:
or AC/DC - Highway to helll? :D
or Gino Vanelli - Black Cars. :dopey:
And as you progress through the 2 laps race, you encounter all the various weather changes in the game; Day, dusk, night, dawn and then repeats the same but with rain added and as you reach the last corner before the Finish, .......... snow flakes? :irked:
The race ends (hopefully with you as the winner), then you get to choose a Reward Car, then the various maps are shown: Garage, New Car Dealer, Used Car Dealer, Bank (where you can go to borrow credit$ to buy cars/upgrades etc..., Test Tracks, Race Tracks, etc...
and Car Wash? :indiff:

Too many ideas to post ....:bowdown:

Last edited:
Insert the game disk:

The opening scene begins with a single violin playing slowly and sweetly and footage of early motor racing, with something along the lines of the Alfa Romeo 2900:
Alfa-Romeo-2900-Scuderia-Ferrari-maroon-fa-lr.jpg

Several seconds of footage and then a very brief, perhaps a second or less, flash of game footage as this car will be in the game...

A couple of more instruments are added and the pace picks up slightly as a 1956 Maserati A6GCS Berlinetta comes into view, again followed by a brief flash of the car in game...

The music pace builds slowly with added instruments as a LeMans winning GT40 roars into view followed by a brief shot in the game, slightly longer this time....

The music builds as a Datsun 240z makes it's way onto the screen...game shot...followed by Senna in his kart...then a Toyota Supra..then a Lotus 98T...the music building to a crescendo....

The ends abruptly and is replaced by the sounds of paper being unwrapped and the scene changes to a kid about 14 years old in Spain, tall and skinny with curly hair, opening up GT1 and a PS1 for Christmas with a huge smile on his face...cut to the family gathered round the tv with Dad, Mom and Sis taking turns playing GT1. Finally it's the boy's turn and it shows him winning a race and with the camera behind him...it follows his head as he looks over to a poster of Ayrton Senna on the wall.... [subtitles for this scene: First we brought driving and motorsports simulation into homes around the world]

Next we cut to the box art for GT3/4 and the PS2 and the same family, now slightly older, gathered around a bigger tv and playing GT3. Perhaps cut to a scene with the young Spanish man challenging his friends to split screen duels, only now he has a Driving Force Pro and his skills are polished as is the game and it shows him driving with precision around LeMans and other real life tracks in the game...again he glances up at a poster on the wall, this time perhaps Mario Andretti beside is iconic Hudson... [subtitles for this scene: Then we blurred the line between simulation and real motorsport]

Next we cut to a montage of the first GTAcademy, won of course by Lucas Ordonez, with various shots of Lucas and the other competitors playing Gran Turismo and driving real cars and ending with Lucas in his racing outfit and on a podium with a trophy...[subtitles for this scene: Then we eliminated the line between virtual and real motorsport altogether.

Next comes a rapids series of shots with some punchy music featuring GT5 and GT6, various GTAcademy winners, a blend of real and virtual motorsport. The music builds to a crescendo as the images fly by and ends abruptly....black screen...

Gran Turismo 7, the real driving and motorsport simulator

Your journey begins December 5, 2016
The graphic fades to a cockpit cam shot of a real Porsche 917, screaming down the Mulsanne at over 350 km/h, shot specifically for this scene with a real 917. The scene cuts back and forth between the car in GT7 and it's real life counterpart, and it's so close you can't tell the difference. The sound, the cockpit vibrations, the visuals, the animations all match perfectly. Cut to the car in game flying by at top speed and the sound of the iconic flat-12 fading in the distance, leaves flying and marbles rolling up to the camera position...

917-015-for-McQueen-Show.jpg

Fade to black and cut back to a living room, and an over the shoulder shot of someone playing solo on GT7 on a 60inch screen. The race is won and the camera pans back a little to reveal a young woman about 18 years old doing a fist pump. She looks up at a poster on the wall...and it's this type of poster with all the GTA graduates on it....

[subtitle: Where will your journey take you?]​
GT_Academy_Graduates_2012.jpg

Cut, print, Oscar:sly:

All wrong you guys. This is how it will go down:
1. Insert disc
2. PS4 prompts you to do mandatory installation, the game is 200Gb big and takes you 5 days to install.
3. You get into GT7, the game prompts you to do mandatory in-game install, taking another 5 days.
3. You get into GT7 once again, the game prompts you to download 25 patches, total of 100 Gb. PSN servers are hammered so you download at 64 kbit/s. After 2 months the download is complete.
4. You get into GT7 once more, the game prompts you to install the patches, this takes another 3 days.
5. You turn on GT7 one last time, the game has a critical bug that bricks your console.
6. You're crying in the corner listening to Daiki Kasho on repeat.

Here's what I've in mind ;

GT7 starts with a movie about the build-up at Nurburg for the 24h's. Teams, drivers but also the fans along the 25km track are building up their gear, tents, campers, everything you can imagine that could be filmed to be needed for this event, is recorded beautifully in black and white. The more the build up is coming to an end, the movie is from the drivers point of view. Hands, feet, gear and car.. All in his preperation for his first practise at the Nordschleife..

Then, that movie stops... Oh for *** sakes ! It was a dream ! Slowly the blurred screen become more detailed.. Colored. It's a bedroom, full with posters of racing legends, Mansell, Schumacher, Dale Earnhard, 1:18 models of all kind of motorsports and obviously... A racing sim ! The person looks on his clock, your character set an alarm for 6' in the morning, enough time to do some miles.. Time to get started in GT7, in a paused race, still 30 minutes to go on an Abu Dhabi endurance race, taking the wheel and don't ruin that race from your character. You are on 3rd position, the matter you finish this race (1st, 2nd, 3rd and lower, the matter you will get a more 'personalized' start of the game.. ! It would be a tough race, without slip recovery, tc and other driving aids (except abs at *1 probably) you've a powered car to drive (should be a Nissan though), hard to drive, easy to crash.. Only the best drivers in GT would handle the car directly and could bring this race to a happy end..

Last edited:
My dream opening would be slow-motion car footage in black and white with some soothing classical music, followed by a dozen cars revving simultaneously but you won't see them clearly. The last car that revs will be the one you drive, whether it be a Lotus 97T, Ferrari F40 or Corvette C7.R and you quickly find yourself in a race on a track that's new to the GT series. After you end up winning the race, the musical interlude will play and the opening movie will begin.

1. Insert disc
2. PS4 prompts you to do mandatory installation, the game is 200Gb big and takes you 5 days to install.
3. You get into GT7, the game prompts you to do mandatory in-game install, taking another 5 days.
3. You get into GT7 once again, the game prompts you to download 25 patches, total of 100 Gb. PSN servers are hammered so you download at 64 kbit/s. After 2 months the download is complete.
4. You get into GT7 once more, the game prompts you to install the patches, this takes another 3 days.
5. You turn on GT7 one last time, the game has a critical bug that bricks your console.

...Absolute gold. 👍👍

1. Insert disc

Nice one. LOL
Then after all that, you realize that you had mistakenly inserted the GT7 disc in the Xbox 360 console. :lol:

I don't need or want the game to begin with a tutorial. That's one thing that GT definitely doesn't need to borrow from Forza.

GT's issue isn't how it starts. It's where it goes from there that's the problem.

Hi everyone!
I think the fisrt time you play a videogame must be as amazing as possible, so I came out with this idea for GT7.
After you have installed the game, it will be displayed PD logo and you will be immediatly put into a car (possibly the cover car of GT7) just at the begining of Nurburgring 24h's longest straight at sunset. During this first ride there will be displayed all the major command for driving and the car will automatically change the gear to use half of rpm at its disposal. In this way the player can enjoy this scenario and learn the basics! While you are becoming closer and closer to the finish line the screen will become brighter and brighter, until, just some meters before the finish line, there will be a flash, and then all the screen turns black. After few seconds it will be displayed this sentence "this will be...the drive of your life"
Then there will be an intro (that must be epic as ****, and i'm working on it) and, after it, you can start to use GT7
p.s. There will be a new intro after the first one, more similar to GT5's one

Epic intro, you say? I already got you, mah boi. <DashieXP mode /> And yes, I made it myself. Still, I'd like to see what you come up with!

I for one love starting in a reasonably priced car. Allows you to learn how to squeeze the absolute most out of the handling model before you get into the tyre shredders.

Perhaps A la FIFA 14, your intro tutorial could be used as a smokescreen to do much of the installation. That was a welcome surprise on PS4 launch day. Quicker I can get to chasing rabbits on the Autumn ring mini the better.

Here's a good "first startup":

-Insert disc
-Install the patches (if necessary)
-The intro (duh)
-Name entry
-A tutorial on how to drive (like in GT6, where you took a Clio for a lap at Brands Hatch)
-Buy your first car with x credits
-Then you do the Sunday Cup, whether it be at HSR, Autumn Mini, CSR5, an oval, or a different track!

Sincerely,
Captain Obvious

Last edited:
GT7 should start up with GT Academy cars on various tracks with AI battles around world famous corners. Spins, crashes, cars catching air. Wet scenes, night, dusk, dawn, cloudy, fog, sunny with spray coming from tyres down fast straights. Ending with a sea of GT-Rs.

Before buying any cars or setting up the Garage, the option to proceed with GT Academy TTs or Free Play would be presented. Complete the TTs grants access to all events. Gold all the TTs and get the GT Academy prize cars from those TTs.

Last edited:
Back