GT7 to be announced at E3? ... standard cars return! (Poll)

• Thread starter phil_75
  • 165 comments

Should standard cars be included in GT7?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
England
UK
phil_75
I cannot believe he has done it again.
Does he live in a communicationless world of his own.

A chance to leave the awkward PS3 behind, new sound design from ex Forza guy, new UI/menus design from ex Evolution staff and all ruined with PS2 cars.
They looked out of place on PS3 but with next gen lighting, textures & full 1080p they will look horrendous.

I don't care if they have a slight workover, its either premium or out.
GT5 development started in at least 2006 so they will have had 10+years at GT7 release to sort them out.

Project Cars has 80 cars, Forza 5 about 300, GT6 had over 400 premium cars (which they said were made with PS4 in mind) so with the extra they've made for GT7 what is even the point?

The game will be ridiculed and its all the media & reviews will focus on too.

How long are us fans going to put up with the substandard rubbish being put out?

Only way to do it is to release game with inly Premium cars and have standard cars as free DLC pack for those that want them imo.

Project Cars has shown that you don't need hundreds of cars, most standards are just multiple versions of the same bloody car.

GT7 - The Real Laughing Stock.
http://www.24-7gamer.com/gran-turismo-7-to-be-announced-at-e3-2015-june-16-18/

Edit, I was unaware this info was already known by some, please still vote so we can see how many of us think having standard cars for the third time and on PS4 is acceptable to them.

Last edited:
I cannot believe he has done it again.
Does he live in a communicationless world of his own.

A chance to leave the awkward PS3 behind, new sound design from ex Forza guy, new UI/menus design from ex Evolution staff and all ruined with PS2 cars.
They looked out of place on PS3 but with next gen lighting, textures & full 1080p they will look horrendous.

I don't care if they have a slight workover, its either premium or out.

The game will be ridiculed and its all the media & reviews will focus on too.

How long are us fans going to put up with the substandard rubbish being put out?

Only way to do it is to release game with inly Premium cars and have standard cars as free DLC pack for those that want them imo.

Project Cars has shown that you don't need hundreds of cars, most standards are just multiple versions of the same bloody car.

GT7 - The Real Laughing Stock.
http://www.24-7gamer.com/gran-turismo-7-to-be-announced-at-e3-2015-june-16-18/
The article is bogus and only contains information gleaned from GTP. There is nothing in that article that the entire gaming world isn't aware of already. It's bogus.

24-7Gamer.com is your Number one site for Video Games Reviews & News for Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3, Nintendo, 3DS & PS Vita. We are carefully trying to build a reputation for creating the strongest, most engaging content for all video games and gaming culture.
Take it with a grain of salt. Not to mention they're stealing Polygon's 'rating meter'.

Nice try though.

:lol:

The article is bogus and only contains information gleaned from GTP. There is nothing in that article that the entire gaming world isn't aware of already. It's bogus.

I been off the scene for a bit so i was unaware mate, i am truly shocked they are bringing standard cars back again.

...Why is there a poll?? :confused: I don't get it. I did vote "No" 'cuz it's kinda obvious...

Just gauging peoples thoughts.
See how many of us big GT fans think it is acceptable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Among the standard, there is very good cars. Why throw them?

The ideal is to upgrade them semi premium, at least.

With GT6, we have seen the will of PoDi to homogenize content. It's all a matter of means - human - and time.

In short.... There already has a topic to debate on standard.

With GT6, we have seen the will of PoDi to homogenize content. It's all a matter of means - human - and time.

10+ years to sort them out not long enough?
Forza gets a whole new game out in 2 years.

I can't see PD throwing away so many cars unless they have built up quite a big roster of premium cars, they'll probably keep most of the standards and just improve them a bit. If they lose too many cars reviewers will make a big deal of it saying how the car list pales in comparison to previous games.

That would be big news.

Let me just check the news pages of this huge Gran Turismo dedicated site I know of with known links to SCEA, SCEE and Polyphony Digital and which is likely to break it first...

And that matters because?....

So because it was mentioned in a news article some time in the last year and i missed it it can never be spoken of again?

What has that got to do with if standard cars are acceptable in GT7 anyway?

And that matters because?...
The first six words of your thread title being a completely uncorroborated claim matters quite a lot.
So because it was mentioned in a news article some time in the last year and i missed it it can never be spoken of again?
The... what?

We've not done an article at any time in the last ever about GT7 being at E3.
What has that got to do with if standard cars are acceptable in GT7 anyway?
It's the first six words of your thread title and they are unverifiable. If your thread is actually only about standard cars being in GT7, perhaps the first few words of your thread title should be about standard cars being in GT7? Or even just avoid shoving in claims that are apparently now not connected to what you wanted to discuss originally.

If GT7 were to be announced at E3, as the first six words of your thread title explicitly state, we'd probably know about it and there'd be an article about it on GTP's news page. There isn't.

On the contrary, too many good/iconic standard cars that I don't want to lose.

But yeah, who ever said GT7 would be at E3?

I mean it could happen, but nobody has confirmed it as far as I remember...

I been off the scene for a bit so i was unaware mate, i am truly shocked they are bringing standard cars back again.
You have been away a while:lol:

Actually the ideal is that every car is a next generation quality premium. Having hundreds of standards and semi-premiums means GT will be the only next generation game to have cars without interiors and will overall have the lowest quality stable of cars of any game. It'll go from best to worst in one single game. Their claim to fame will be that they have the biggest stable of cars. With GT6 you've seen the will of PD to upgrade a small portion of the standards, nothing more.

I can't see PD throwing away so many cars unless they have built up quite a big roster of premium cars, they'll probably keep most of the standards and just improve them a bit. If they lose too many cars reviewers will make a big deal of it saying how the car list pales in comparison to previous games.
600+ premium cars is a big roster, the biggest in fact. How many cars does one need? If you drove every premium car for just 5 laps on every track in the game it would take you the equivalent of working full time for 3 and a half years? Would it surprise you to learn that more than 80% of GT6 players own less than 100 cars and 70% own 50 cars or less?

“I doubt we’ll be throwing away the standard cars. Each car has its own fans. So I think we’ll hang on to the archive. In the meanwhile, some of those cars we may be able to make into premium cars as they become available – but basically we’re more focused on increasing the number of premium cars,” Yamauchi said

After reading the quote, I have admit, it's a fair response. Since GT4, PD continues to improve the standard car models in GT5 and GT6. Assuming more GPU power to smooth things out in GT7, I can see standard cards being passable at the very least, and as Kaz said, each car has its own fans.

I'm more excited that he said (or at least it was translated as such) they are focusing on increasing the number of premium cars. I know it's an obvious answer, but it sounds to me that they are focusing on converting standards to premium...or at least I hope so.

The first six words of your thread title being a completely uncorroborated claim matters quite a lot.The... what?

We've not done an article at any time in the last ever about GT7 being at E3.It's the first six words of your thread title and they are unverifiable. If your thread is actually only about standard cars being in GT7, perhaps the first few words of your thread title should be about standard cars being in GT7? Or even just avoid shoving in claims that are apparently now not connected to what you wanted to discuss originally.

If GT7 were to be announced at E3, as the first six words of your thread title explicitly state, we'd probably know about it and there'd be an article about it on GTP's news page. There isn't.

I do apologise, sorry.
I got the wrong end of the stick.
I mistakenly thought you were saying it had already been announced in the news feed and were then having a go because i posted it like it was new info.

No, i don't know how i came to that conclusion either :ill:

The question mark added to the title should make things more accurate.

“I doubt we’ll be throwing away the standard cars. Each car has its own fans. So I think we’ll hang on to the archive. In the meanwhile, some of those cars we may be able to make into premium cars as they become available – but basically we’re more focused on increasing the number of premium cars,” Yamauchi said

After reading the quote, I have admit, it's a fair response. Since GT4, PD continues to improve the standard car models in GT5 and GT6. Assuming more GPU power to smooth things out in GT7, I can see standard cards being passable at the very least, and as Kaz said, each car has its own fans.

I'm more excited that he said (or at least it was translated as such) they are focusing on increasing the number of premium cars. I know it's an obvious answer, but it sounds to me that they are focusing on converting standards to premium...or at least I hope so.

Again, they've had 10 years to convert them.

Last edited by a moderator:
600+ premium cars is a big roster, the biggest in fact. How many cars does one need? If you drove every premium car for just 5 laps on every track in the game it would take you the equivalent of working full time for 3 and a half years? Would it surprise you to learn that more than 80% of GT6 players own less than 100 cars and 70% own 50 cars or less?
It's not me that would have a problem with it.

Last edited:
Actually the ideal is that every car is a next generation quality premium. Having hundreds of standards and semi-premiums means GT will be the only next generation game to have cars without interiors and will overall have the lowest quality stable of cars of any game. It'll go from best to worst in one single game. Their claim to fame will be that they have the biggest stable of cars.

But at the present, it's not possible.

If PoDi began to upgrade standard in semi premium, it's not for nothing.

I think they will put only semi-premium and premium. We will know, the day when GT7 will be announced.

With GT6 you've seen the will of PD to upgrade a small portion of the standards, nothing more.

There is a first for everything.

They will continue to upgrade standard in semi premium for next episode.

Gran Turismo has and will continue to have the biggest selection of 'premium' cars even with PD deciding to keep standards. Them being there doesn't hurt anybody and eventually a lot of the PS2 standards will be upgraded to premium. We're spoiled with the car choices when it comes to the game and when it comes to standard cars in GT7....Polyphony has bigger fish to fry like sound.

Except that that quote does not say "We will keep the standards in the game". How do you know he doesn't mean they'll keep them on their archive and update then as and when they can?

If I recall, PD can make 50 cars a year. Let's say 3 years between GT6 and GT7. That's 150 cars. Now split them between 75 brand new cars to the franchise and 75 cherry picked standard to premium converted cars. Add what GT6 has already got and, provided the car choices are sensible, you end up with a lot of cars even without the standards - and let's face it. 4,000 Polygon two generation old cars will look really silly next to full 500,000 polygon premiums.

That would be big news.

Let me just check the news pages of this huge Gran Turismo dedicated site I know of with known links to SCEA, SCEE and Polyphony Digital and which is likely to break it first...
damn ... i was realy hoping to see GT7 at E3 but you just ruined my hopes .... :(

Standard car I want to sort out once.
Popular car like to see in the semi-premium.
Now the number of the standard car is too many :(

Last edited:
It's a waste of time, effort, and data to get all the standards into the game.

I can almost see the reviews now for GT7 ...

Certainly not data, perhaps re-licensing efforts..

If the standard cars are locked away from the main part of the game with a large WARNING sign saying: 4.000 Poly's ONLY, please consult your physician before proceeding - could that be enough for players and reviewers to not judge the entire game for this well-meant treat?? I sure hope not.

Last edited:
The author of that article just may be the Pulitzer Prize for Journalism:sly:

Gran Turismo, as the players of this racing game would know, is an experience that you have to play to experience.

Gran Turismo has had a constant model for cars since the 4th edition of Gran Turismo and Yamauchi has confirmed that it will continue even in the Gran Turismo 7.

Certainly not data, perhaps re-licensing efforts..

If the standard cars are locked away from the main part of the game with a large WARNING sign saying: 4.000 Poly's ONLY, please consult your physician before proceeding - could that be enough for players and reviewers to not judge the entire game for this well-meant treat?? I sure hope not.
Nope. You know game reviewers are going to zoom right in on those standards. It'll be hard for anyone NOT to. The standards and non updated tracks will be giant blemishes to GT.

...That, that "news"...

upload_2015-5-26_17-38-21.jpeg

Back