Gran Turismo 6 is Disappointing

• Thread starter haoTRUE
  • 13 comments
haoTRUE
I just got GT6 recently and it just keep freezing!!!:banghead:

Every time I restart a race it just freezes and I can't do anything but restart my PS3. I've been looking up solutions to this problem and tried every single suggestion I found like deleting race BGM playlist and putting my PS3 on safe mode and the rebuilding data.

I was wondering if anyone can help me with this because I really want to enjoy playing GT6 without restarting my PS3 constantly.

I have a PS3 Slim 80GB and GT6 Version 1.18 if this helps.

Thanks, haoTRUE

Every time I restart a race it just freezes and I can't do anything but restart my PS3. I've been looking up solutions to this problem and tried every single suggestion I found like deleting race BGM playlist and putting my PS3 on safe mode and the rebuilding data.

I was wondering if anyone can help me with this because I really want to enjoy playing GT6 without restarting my PS3 constantly.

Thanks, haoTRUE

Did you try re-installing the game?

Thanks, haoTRUE
Does this happen when you are offline as well.

My only solution was to switch the PS3 video output to 720p, and it very rarely freezes now. :indiff: But it did once last night tho which bloody annoyed me. :irked:

It may be your only hope.

Nope. Deleting the installed data right now and letting it re-install over night.
Lets see how it goes.

Never tried it offline yet.
If you have less than ideal wireless (<40% signal strength) it can cause the game to freeze frequently while it tries to connect to the servers (even during single player). Happens to me all the time

My only solution was to switch the PS3 video output to 720p, and it very rarely freezes now. :indiff: But it did once last night tho which bloody annoyed me. :irked:

It may be your only hope.

I originally ran 1080p resolution and the game kept freezing, so I switched it to 720p. It works perfectly fine, no freezes yet, but it the game was noticeably pixelated. So I ran 1080i and restarted races that usually froze when using 1080p and so far it works fine.

I guess for anyone having similar issues run 1080i resolution. If this doesn't work, run 720p resolution.

Thank you nowcontrol

Last edited:
I originally ran 1080p resolution and the game kept freezing, so I switched it to 720p. It works perfectly fine, no freezes yet, but it the game was noticeably pixelated. So I ran 1080i and restarted races that usually froze when using 1080p and so far it works fine.

I guess for anyone having similar issues run 1080i resolution. If this doesn't work, run 720p resolution.

Thank you nowcontrol

Does your TV properly support 1080p? The game auto detects the resolution and I am thinking that a TV without proper resolution support might cause issues. Personally, GT rarely freezes and I play almost daily. I run 1080p.

Does your TV properly support 1080p? The game auto detects the resolution and I am thinking that a TV without proper resolution support might cause issues. Personally, GT rarely freezes and I play almost daily. I run 1080p.

I'm pretty sure it does, I bought the TV (Sony Bravia) at Future Shop in Canada on January 2015. It's odd how it just freezes like this.

I kind of want someone with knowledge of this to explain why GT5 freezes in my type of situation, just out of curiosity.

I'm pretty sure it does, I bought the TV (Sony Bravia) at Future Shop in Canada on January 2015. It's odd how it just freezes like this.

I kind of want someone with knowledge of this to explain why GT5 freezes in my type of situation, just out of curiosity.
What is your wireless signal strength? Check in the PS3 network settings

How old is your PS3? That could be the weak link. If it were the game, everyone would have the same issue.

When EXACTLY does it freeze?

Mine freezes in a very specific place, only when I try to go on Community -> Friends.

Never had a freeze elsewhere.

Back