My friend got wrongfully banned, how can he use his old save on different account?

• Thread starter jpike400
  • 40 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
He'll need PS+ on his new account to transfer the save to it.

But how would that work? That justs transfer the save to cloud storage, it doesn't transfer the save to a different account.

But how would that work? That justs transfer the save to cloud storage, it doesn't transfer the save to a different account.
I think theres a feature with it that lets you transfer saves between accounts. You can't copy/paste a save with GT6. Won't let you

Ah darn okay. Is there anyway to talk to PD about being banned and maybe tell them he was wrongfully banned? He was tricked into using a hacked game save.

Ah darn okay. Is there anyway to talk to PD about being banned and maybe tell them he was wrongfully banned? He was tricked into using a hacked game save.
What do you mean tricked into using a hacked game save?

Nope, but he can talk to the PlayStation support.

He thought it was a save that would repair his old save data cause it got corrupted somehow.
And how did he acquire this repair save exactly? What's wrong with restarting the game from scratch?

And how did he acquire this repair save exactly? What's wrong with restarting the game from scratch?

From someone on GT6. Why would he want to start the game from scratch? He had 600 damn cars, it's not very fun to start from scratch after getting that many cars. I only have 317 cars and if my game save got corrupted I would through the disc out the ******g window. He didn't know it was a hacked damn save, and **** PD too for banning my friend.

From someone on GT6. Why would he want to start the game from scratch? He had 600 damn cars, it's not very fun to start from scratch after getting that many cars. I only have 317 cars and if my game save got corrupted I would through the disc out the ******g window. He didn't know it was a hacked damn save, and **** PD too for banning my friend.
Everyone else would have to start from scratch. I'm pretty sure they would have likely banned him for using a save game that he got from someone else anyhow.

Everyone else would have to start from scratch. I'm pretty sure they would have likely banned him for using a save game that he got from someone else anyhow.

Well he definitely isn't starting from scratch now on a new account. Yeah they probably would have, anyways they lost a bunch of players from banning my friend, I know im not playing it anymore.

Your friend wasn't wrongfully banned, he got banned for having a modded save.

You want to talk about being wrongfully banned?
Try starting up a new account, playing for 3 hours in offline mode then getting banned for absolutely nothing.

Well he definitely isn't starting from scratch now on a new account. Yeah they probably would have, anyways they lost a bunch of players from banning my friend, I know im not playing it anymore.
What do you mean a "bunch" of players? Only person angry about this is you and possibly your friend. Also, if his save was corrupted how can he use it on a new account?

Your friend shouldn't have asked for a game save to begin with. Don't get me wrong, I'd hate to start from scratch too if that happened to me, but it's the only way he can get all those cars and credits back anyhow.

You do understand that if he gets unbanned, he does have to restart from scatch.
So it's not that strange that that was mentioned.

Also, someone on GT6 told him he could repair with a altered savegame??
Even when it was in the news section in the game itself that using altered savegames will result in a bann?
Start up GT6, go to the news icon, then select the updates messages and search for the message on 19 nov 2014. Modified data will be punished.
Before using that "repair save", he could have searched more.

Too bad this became a hard lesson for your friend and using F words does not change anything for him.
Next time your friend will think twice before switching savegames.

And best tip from me, get a usbstick, and backup your savegame once in a while. Save you the trouble, and only results in loss of a few cars and credits.

What do you mean a "bunch" of players? Only person angry about this is you and possibly your friend. Also, if his save was corrupted how can he use it on a new account?

No he had a lot of friends that are mad about it, his friends list was full of people that played gt6 with him.

You do understand that if he gets unbanned, he does have to restart from scatch.
So it's not that strange that that was mentioned.

Also, someone on GT6 told him he could repair with a altered savegame??
Even when it was in the news section in the game itself that using altered savegames will result in a bann?
Start up GT6, go to the news icon, then select the updates messages and search for the message on 19 nov 2014. Modified data will be punished.
Before using that "repair save", he could have searched more.

Too bad this became a hard lesson for your friend and using F words does not change anything for him.
Next time your friend will think twice before switching savegames.

And best tip from me, get a usbstick, and backup your savegame once in a while. Save you the trouble, and only results in loss of a few cars and credits.

Yeah thats what someone told him. It's not a hard lesson, he will get his game save back if he has to break some rules, it's not impossible. Or he will get a full game save with all cars, I know people that know how to do that too. So guess what? It's not a hard lesson and he won't think twice next time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah thats what someone told him. It's not a hard lesson, he will get his game save back if he has to break some rules, it's not impossible. Or he will get a full game save with all cars, I know people that know how to do that too. So guess what? It's not a hard lesson and he won't think twice next time.
What? If your'e save is corrupted there is no getting it back. The data is unusable.

What? If your'e save is corrupted there is no getting it back. The data is unusable.

Hes backed it up before but forgot he had done that before getting the other save.

And I mean I know people who use saves with all cars and millions of dollars without having to do anything hard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back