2016 BMW 7-Series Revealed! w/Poll

• Thread starter townha99
  • 144 comments

Which luxury sedan would you take?

• Total voters
United States
California
townha99
From Autocar UK, "The BMW 7 Series will be officially revealed to the world on 10 June, but the firm's Austrian market website has already accidently shown an image of the undisguised car on its online configurator."

This is what it will look like:
bmw-7-series-leak.jpg

7er-teaser-vid-008.jpg

Last edited:
@RocZX , thanks for those. I remember seeing them earlier, but forgot where.
@Anthony , I actually would much rather take the S haha. Just wondering, why do you prefer it to the S-Class? I think the S-Class looks much more like a $90k car than this. This looks really plain and dreary to me.

I do see the resemblance, and I really like the rear. I don't like the front though. It just seems really bland and the headlights that touch the grill annoy me. My favorite 7 ever is the E38.
2001_bmw_750il_100003906_m.jpg

Poll up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks a bit bland in the 1st picture, but would have to see one on the flesh to make a final decision.

If I had to take a car in this class it would be a black on black XJ... not the most modern, not the best to drive, not the best technology, but easily the best looking and easily the best interior. But a FFRR would be my 1st choice.

This may probably be another one of those cars that look appealing in person than through the interwebs.

That rear though. Looks great.

I like it. But I'm a bit of a fanboy. :lol: While it does look crap in the top photo, the pictures of the M-Sport I've seen look much better, and even that grey one looks good, despite being shot on an awful camera.. The expected weight loss should push it even further ahead of the S-Class in terms of driving dynamics, and the interior looks like a pretty good step up from the F01. Everything I've read from previews of it has only praised it, and while they're biased (generally long-time owners) it may be one of those cars that looks better in the metal, and certain things like quality of interior materials have to be felt.

The XJ definitely still wins on looks in this class, but from what I've seen so far, the new 7er beats the S-Class on looks inside and out.

It looks like a fat whale in the configurator leaks because none of the surface detailing is visible. And in the earlier photos caught during shipping the perspective isn't great. Whilst I still don't think it will look great, we're still only seeing half the picture.

The car debuts in less than 48 hours, I'd hold judgement until then.

Looks like a 7-series. You know, the head of the luxury class until Mercedes got their stuff together and put the S-Class back out front.

Still would rather have a XJ. Or a CT6. You know, different.

Back