I just had the worst online experience ever.

• Thread starter Its No Use
  • 17 comments
United States
United States
Sonic54978
Today, I went on to play the Online Quick Match mode in Gran Turismo 6. I chose the 450PP Road Battle or something like that, and when the race started, the whole track, for some reason, is completely dark. So dark that I couldn't see anything at ALL. Even headlights wouldn't work. I had to use the driving line because it was the only thing that could help. I left that server and came back, fixing the problem.

After joining a race, I somehow got a delay SO BAD that it gave the rest of the players a head-start while I'm still stuck at the countdown sequence. I've also seen cars creating loads of smoke from its wheels, as if they were drifting, but they were actually driving in a straight line. It eventually got fixed afterwards as I play longer.

I go to the open lobby and select a random server. It timed out for some reason and I got disconnected, and no, my Internet is not being operated by a toaster. I have high-speed wi-fi with 15 mb/ps download speed and 6 mb/ps upload speed. I reconnect to the same server and still got the same error message. I eventually gave up and connected to a cruising server. Upon entering the track, nothing bad really happened, until 15 minutes later, the screen went completely black, and the game froze and crashed within seconds, forcing me to restart my Playstation 3.

I played other games and they never had this problem. I played GT5, Forza Horizon 2, Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit, and I never recieved the same experience I had with Gran Turismo 6, and it was, in fact, better. The devs really need to fix their servers because I have had enough.

Your should get one off these

Code:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00D84BYPA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1434497189&sr=8-2&keywords=bt+wifi+extender

it could help.

Quick match is just plain :censored:ed, especially after 1.19. It took me over 20 tries to get onto a quick match server, then everyone else froze. I kept lapping people until I got disconnected halfway through the race.

After trying all sorts of crap with my network settings, I tried again. After 8 or so attempts to get on a server, I joined a race lobby. The countdown started at 120, then counted down to 12, then went to 360. This happened 3 times before everyone left.

The one time I got into a race, my sound failed and turned into a continuous high pitched ring that made my ears hurt. This was resolved by a system restart.

I wasted 90 or so minutes dealing with this before then I took my PS3 to a grassy field and beat it down in slow motion with a baseball bat.

Okay, maybe that last part didn't happen. I eventually got into a room (a buggy one, for that matter), but I could still race.

I've had the same smoking cars glitch, and my Nissan GT-R NISMO seemed to be stuck in 2nd gear off the line. Even without the hour and a half of disconnection and rage, it was easily the lowest quality GT6 racing I have EVER had.

I know it isn't my internet, cause I played Birds of Steel online and it worked perfectly.

PD needs to get its act together and make their game playable, because I can't take any more of this 🤬.

Yeah i,ve had some dramas lately
I really think they should take the Quick out of the quick match title
I can confirm quick match is totally broken. Luckly online lobbies are not so bad, I had a great run this afternoon.

Quick match is just plain :censored:ed, especially after 1.19. It took me over 20 tries to get onto a quick match server, then everyone else froze. I kept lapping people until I got disconnected halfway through the race.

After trying all sorts of crap with my network settings, I tried again. After 8 or so attempts to get on a server, I joined a race lobby. The countdown started at 120, then counted down to 12, then went to 360. This happened 3 times before everyone left.

The one time I got into a race, my sound failed and turned into a continuous high pitched ring that made my ears hurt. This was resolved by a system restart.

I wasted 90 or so minutes dealing with this before then I took my PS3 to a grassy field and beat it down in slow motion with a baseball bat.

Okay, maybe that last part didn't happen. I eventually got into a room (a buggy one, for that matter), but I could still race.

I've had the same smoking cars glitch, and my Nissan GT-R NISMO seemed to be stuck in 2nd gear off the line. Even without the hour and a half of disconnection and rage, it was easily the lowest quality GT6 racing I have EVER had.

I know it isn't my internet, cause I played Birds of Steel online and it worked perfectly.

PD needs to get its act together and make their game playable, because I can't take any more of this 🤬.

sounds like a normal day in the office for Fernando Alonso and his McLaren Honda lol

I got a new personal record with putting a car on track. After 11 minutes my low polygon TVR rolled out of the Laguna Seca pit in a club lobby. Took it off and tried again, and it was the usual half a minute.

Last edited:
Tried Quick Match again in my Mazda Cosmo Sport. Once I left the pits, controls were instantly immobilized. My car was pretty much stuck in AI controls, cruising about halfway around the track before I disconnected.

Tried Quick Match again in my Mazda Cosmo Sport. Once I left the pits, controls were instantly immobilized. My car was pretty much stuck in AI controls, cruising about halfway around the track before I disconnected.
That happens once in a while.

Latest Posts

Back