Toyota TS030

• Thread starter Ken Tali
  • 45 comments
Estonia
Estonia
Hey.Why we can´t add turbo for this car? Really great to drive ,but it has only about 530 HP ,while adding turbo to Audri R18 will put it over 800 and will be much faster now.Would be great if we could add more power to Toyota also.Im new so don´t be mad if it is a stupid question.

1. It ruined the 600PP battle for me. It doesn't need any more power, now it can beat a F1 GTR, Furai or HSV010, which used to mean you could actually use more than one car.
2. To be honest it might be because it isn't a vanila car.

I believe for the same reason the Nissan GT-R LM Nismo also doesn't allow for turbos: They are both Hybrids and as far as I remember, I don't believe you can add turbos to any car with a hybrid system.

I believe for the same reason the Nissan GT-R LM Nismo also doesn't allow for turbos: They are both Hybrids and as far as I remember, I don't believe you can add turbos to any car with a hybrid system.
Shouldnt it have a bit more power then?Seems to be a bit too slow on the straights even with low downforce.

Shouldnt it have a bit more power then?Seems to be a bit too slow on the straights even with low downforce.

Modern endurance racing cars are relatively low on power because of the focus on fuel efficiency / reducing the number of pit stops. For example the new Nissan Nismo LMP was run this year with the same power as Ford used to win the race in 1967 (about 500 bhp).

PD has set too high aero drag (or air resistance) values to the modern LMP cars (e.g. TS030, R18, 908 etc.).
There are many people complaining cars going too fast but it's completely opposite for these prototypes. They should have less aero drag so they can have higher maximum speed. They also need much more downforce (like 2x).

PD has set too high aero drag (or air resistance) values to the modern LMP cars (e.g. TS030, R18, 908 etc.).
There are many people complaining cars going too fast but it's completely opposite for these prototypes. They should have less aero drag so they can have higher maximum speed. They also need much more downforce (like 2x).

Yeah,something should be done,cause it is kind of weird going faster with those le mans cars made in the 80´s or 90´s..maby they are more powerful,but they shouldn´t be anywahere near the downforce and times of the new ones.

Modern endurance racing cars are relatively low on power because of the focus on fuel efficiency / reducing the number of pit stops. For example the new Nissan Nismo LMP was run this year with the same power as Ford used to win the race in 1967 (about 500 bhp).
Contemporary Toyota and Porsche LMP1 cars run 1000-1100bhp when deploying the ERS while Audi are a little lower. The GT-R LM Nismo was about 550bhp purely because Nissan has huge reliability issues with it's ERS and chose not to run it.

Contemporary Toyota and Porsche LMP1 cars run 1000-1100bhp when deploying the ERS while Audi are a little lower. The GT-R LM Nismo was about 550bhp purely because Nissan has huge reliability issues with it's ERS and chose not to run it.

I guess they will never upgrade that power input.Would be great if they do.

I guess they will never upgrade that power input.Would be great if they do.
Bear in mind that the TS030 power figure doesn't account for the ERS. When that is deploying the power output is about 820bhp - It should be as that is what the 2012 TS030 had.

Kaz said at Fuji last season he would love to boost the figures to what the 2014 TS040 had but it would be unrealistic to do that to the TS030. I assume we will get the 2014 TS040 in GT7 as it is Japanese and won a world championship plus Kaz was amazed by it's performance.

Bear in mind that the TS030 power figure doesn't account for the ERS. When that is deploying the power output is about 820bhp - It should be as that is what the 2012 TS030 had.

Kaz said at Fuji last season he would love to boost the figures to what the 2014 TS040 had but it would be unrealistic to do that to the TS030. I assume we will get the 2014 TS040 in GT7 as it is Japanese and won a world championship plus Kaz was amazed by it's performance.
They could just boost the power on current ts030.this years ts040 wasnt that good at all.much slower than the audi and porsche.

This car is the fastest out of 250 i've put round daytona at 600pp in bspec without further driving assistance from myself, also holds fastest lap time. It's 3rd in the 250 i've done for Deep Forest at 550pp with the fastest lap time there.

I nominate it king of the sub 650 cars

This car is the fastest out of 250 i've put round daytona at 600pp in bspec without further driving assistance from myself, also holds fastest lap time. It's 3rd in the 250 i've done for Deep Forest at 550pp with the fastest lap time there.

I nominate it king of the sub 650 cars

Which cars were faster in deep forest?

Its much too slow in a straight line the Toyota, a real LMP1 car is faster down a long straight. The grip and downforce in GT6 might be higher than real life though for this particular car, but the power is too low. PD need to add a Turbo option to it or give it an extra 80 hp.

Its much too slow in a straight line the Toyota, a real LMP1 car is faster down a long straight. The grip and downforce in GT6 might be higher than real life though for this particular car, but the power is too low. PD need to add a Turbo option to it or give it an extra 80 hp.

I think a bit more than 80 would be appropriate.

Its 560bhp with an oil change, and while that might be a low figure, you got to remember, this thing annihilates any other LMP or group C car from 0 to 200 simply because of the ferocious power from the ERS system.

It is dominating the 600PP range, with more power it would dominate the 700PP aswell.

Now I love this car, its by far the best handling car in the game, so I would'nt mind that. But is it really such a good idea to make the best car in the game even better?

Its 560bhp with an oil change, and while that might be a low figure, you got to remember, this thing annihilates any other LMP or group C car from 0 to 200 simply because of the ferocious power from the ERS system.

It is dominating the 600PP range, with more power it would dominate the 700PP aswell.

Now I love this car, its by far the best handling car in the game, so I would'nt mind that. But is it really such a good idea to make the best car in the game even better?

I think so ,because it should be faster, definetly on the straights.

Q "Which cars were faster in deep forest?"

1:17:525 5:26:694 NSX-R Prototype LM RC
1:18:000 5:26:736 Alpine Vision
1:17:258 5:27:153 TS030 Hybrid 12

My time thread is at the top of the bspec forum

Considering the real car only did 206 MPH through the speed trap at Le Mans that year, the straight line speed is pretty close, especially compared to the rest of the GT6 cars which have far too little drag. To match that you'll just have to set the downforce lower, which is how the real car would have run at Le Mans anyway. Rest of the year They were about 10-15 MPH slower than that, for example at Fuji they only were doing just over 180 MPH. The car will run those speeds with 600/700 DF and handles brilliantly.

I'm also not a fan of modifying the race cars, I personally run them stock, even restricting cars back to where they should be. Having the option for those that want it would be a good idea though.

Modern F1 power units are 1.6-litre turbocharged V6 engines with MGU-K and MGU-H systems though.

Modern F1 power units are 1.6-litre turbocharged V6 engines with MGU-K and MGU-H systems though.

But, GT has never allowed for turbos to be added to hybrid cars (as far as I can remember anyway).

Does the driver have more control over the hybrid system in real life? Like do they get to choose when to activate the extra power from the ERS system? Cause I hate how we have no control of when to use the extra power.

Shouldn't we have a choice to when and when it doesn't kick in? Or does the KERS system automatically kick in from 50mph-125mph in real life?

I don't think we have to have turbos for this car since, for one, it's not a turbo car, it's naturally aspirated. but for two, it's truly 880 hp (If you count its hybrid power). I just don't believe the KERS system it is utilized right in the game. The fastest I've ran in this car was a 3:32 (on RS) while in real life the car is hitting 3:28 and lower.

Does the driver have more control over the hybrid system in real life? Like do they get to choose when to activate the extra power from the ERS system? Cause I hate how we have no control of when to use the extra power.

Shouldn't we have a choice to when and when it doesn't kick in? Or does the KERS system automatically kick in from 50mph-125mph in real life?

I don't think we have to have turbos for this car since, for one, it's not a turbo car, it's naturally aspirated. but for two, it's truly 880 hp (If you count its hybrid power). I just don't believe the KERS system it is utilized right in the game. The fastest I've ran in this car was a 3:32 (on RS) while in real life the car is hitting 3:28 and lower.

The 2012 regs stipulated that the driver had no control over when the hybrid system came in, it had to be done through the throttle pedal only. It's up to the teams to map that with the TC to provide the best acceleration and consistent throttle response. If you had the hybrid go to the rear wheels, as Toyota did, then you can use it at any speed. It was only Audi with their FWD hybrid deployment that had to be over 120 km/h before they could use it. I don't know how Toyota had theirs work on the real car, but the way it deploys on the GT6 version is somewhat realistic just comparing it to how the rear car accelerated out of slow corners. The way it charges isn't right still, as it seems to be the amount of time you brake for, not how hard you brake. You can have 1% brake pressure and still charge the hybrid system as quick as 100%.

Try comparing lap times at Spa or Silverstone, you'll find on RM tyres they're close to real life. I'd assume Fuji will be the same. The GT6 version of Le Mans is far too uneven in places and it really makes the car hard to drive, the track isn't anywhere near as bumpy as it used to be, as they did a lot of resurfacing.

The 2012 regs stipulated that the driver had no control over when the hybrid system came in, it had to be done through the throttle pedal only. It's up to the teams to map that with the TC to provide the best acceleration and consistent throttle response. If you had the hybrid go to the rear wheels, as Toyota did, then you can use it at any speed. It was only Audi with their FWD hybrid deployment that had to be over 120 km/h before they could use it. I don't know how Toyota had theirs work on the real car, but the way it deploys on the GT6 version is somewhat realistic just comparing it to how the rear car accelerated out of slow corners. The way it charges isn't right still, as it seems to be the amount of time you brake for, not how hard you brake. You can have 1% brake pressure and still charge the hybrid system as quick as 100%.

Try comparing lap times at Spa or Silverstone, you'll find on RM tyres they're close to real life. I'd assume Fuji will be the same. The GT6 version of Le Mans is far too uneven in places and it really makes the car hard to drive, the track isn't anywhere near as bumpy as it used to be, as they did a lot of resurfacing.

Oh okay that makes sense, and yeah I did read that Audi had a FWD hybrid system that was only able to be activated at 120 km/h that's why I had trouble understanding because I read that the Toyota was able to run it's ERS system whenever.

Also, what times did the Toyota TS030 run at Spa and Silverstone? I'm having trouble finding accurate times.

Thanks man! I was able to run a 2:05 at Spa with RM (Since I'm still using a DualShock controller :guilty:) But I've seen people hit under 2:00 with a wheel.

Haven't been able to run a time at Silverstone yet. but for the most part it looks pretty accurate for most tracks in the game.

Again thanks! :D

Oh okay that makes sense, and yeah I did read that Audi had a FWD hybrid system that was only able to be activated at 120 km/h that's why I had trouble understanding because I read that the Toyota was able to run it's ERS system whenever.

Also, what times did the Toyota TS030 run at Spa and Silverstone? I'm having trouble finding accurate times.

http://fiawec.alkamelsystems.com/

Just choose the year and the track you want, results for every session + tons of analysis including top speeds and sector times.

Back