• 578 comments

CodeRedR51

Premium
United States
United States
First leaked photo.

http://www.carscoops.com/2015/06/new-alfa-romeo-giulia-this-is-really-it.html

Alfa-2-Carscoops.jpg

I like it. This car is coming to the USA, right?

Looks VERY good, if i could afford one, i would buy one!

Although i still don't see how Fiat-Chrysler expects to sell 150k of those in America...
Now, i shall be waiting for the front to be shown.

Its a small midsize(Compact Executive) and that is one of Americas biggest markets(D Segment), out of all their cars this will be the biggest hit if they take it to US.

Yes, but, chances are, typical Americans, which will probably not have heard of the 4C, will be like
"WHAT THE 🤬 IS AN ALFA ROMEO?!" or something along the lines, and buy a Toyota or another car brand they know well or something.

Yes, but, chances are, typical Americans, which will probably not have heard of the 4C, will be like
"WHAT THE 🤬 IS AN ALFA ROMEO?!" or something along the lines, and buy a Toyota or another car brand they know well or something.
That will happen anyway Americans are typically a Conservertive market, the key for Alfa would be to get a foothold at first i would assume.

They might take note when the Giulia arrives with a ferrari V6 under the bonnet :sly:.

I don't think Alfa Romeo would want these types of buyers anyways. I think they are probably attempting to position this as the Jr. Maserati, which itself is essentially viewed as a Jr. Ferrari. It's a marketing strategy that no other premium makes can really pull off, aside from *maybe* Audi; but Audi's connections to Lamborghini, Bentley and Bugatti are much more tenuous and geographically/culturally/ideologically incongruous. Same story with BMW and Rolls Royce. Fiat - Alfa - Maserati - Ferrari. It's a style-driven hierarchy of a mostly singular ethos.

I could see a first time premium buyer, 27 and fresh off his substantial promotion thinking, "Alright, well this Alfa has most of the Italian style of what I really want, which is a Maserati, but it's half the price!" It's that idea of standing next to something wonderful...maybe you can't yet touch that thing, but you can feel it. This is the power potential I think Alfa Romeo has in the US.

I'm sure I will see plenty of them in my area. Mercedes CLA and C300s are as common as Toyotas it seems.

Too bad the owners will call them "Alpha Romeros" by mistake. :rolleyes:

Well people seem to be aware of AR if the 4C can sell more units per month than the 14 300 Srts while costing the same.

Looks good so far, but I'm sure there are more appropriate threads for the Giulia which is 3-Series size car than the thread for the Giulietta, which is one step smaller.
Oops, well that's what they get for making the names so close. :P

Apparently this car is set for revealing very soon. Sources say that it will have "Ferrari-derived" V6 offering 500bhp+, so I'd expect forced induction. If the claim of the motors origins are true, then it gives more weight to the rumored return of Ferrari's Dino. Also, weight target is under 1500kg, but I certainly hope that it is RWD. Will be updated when I see more info regarding this. Apparently there's some pics floating around.

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/2...ed-alfa-romeo-milano-photo-gallery-97016.html

To me, at least from those pictures, it looks like a Dodge Dart with a Maserati Ghibli back end.

Let's just hope they don't offer it with that 9-speed automatic.

To continue the conversation from the Giulietta thread.

I think the key is for Alfa in the US at first to do some smart advertising and bring a car that's unique and great looking. I think Fiat did a bang up job advertising and getting visibility to the US about the 500 and the brand.

People here in America also generally don't cross shop new Toyotas with entry level premium/luxury cars like BMW, MB, Audi, etc., which this Alfa will compete with.

They might take note when the Giulia arrives with a ferrari V6 under the bonnet :sly:.

As cool as that sounds, frankly, the maintenance of that scares the crap out of me.

I don't think Alfa Romeo would want these types of buyers anyways. I think they are probably attempting to position this as the Jr. Maserati, which itself is essentially viewed as a Jr. Ferrari. It's a marketing strategy that no other premium makes can really pull off, aside from *maybe* Audi; but Audi's connections to Lamborghini, Bentley and Bugatti are much more tenuous and geographically/culturally/ideologically incongruous. Same story with BMW and Rolls Royce. Fiat - Alfa - Maserati - Ferrari. It's a style-driven hierarchy of a mostly singular ethos.

I agree with you, they are each positioned respectively as the little brother of the other.

There are two Alfa dealers in my area, neither of which has any Alfa stock, but nonetheless, the facade and logos and website are up. Though both are officially Fiat/Alfa dealers, one of them has a Maserati dealer owned by the same auto group sharing the same lot.

--

As for the Giulia, I will withhold judgement until it is announced and I see some official pictures of it from a few different angles.

Apparently this car is set for revealing very soon. Sources say that it will have "Ferrari-derived" V6 offering 500bhp+, so I'd expect forced induction. If the claim of the motors origins are true, then it gives more weight to the rumored return of Ferrari's Dino. Also, weight target is under 1500kg, but I certainly hope that it is RWD. Will be updated when I see more info regarding this. Apparently there's some pics floating around.

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/2...ed-alfa-romeo-milano-photo-gallery-97016.html

it is RWD, it has Maserati's V6

I have to say, i love the heck outta the front, i am glad they didn't just strap a Giulietta(!) front onto a sedan, It also looks like a modernized 159, which is a plus.
Lets just hope that the 510 HP engine of the QV won't break down very often...

🤬!!

510 hp and ratio 2.99, should make 1525 kg

But it’s the 3.0 all-aluminum twin-turbo V6 petrol engine, with cylinder on demand technology, that makes our blood boil: 510 HP thanks to Ferrari know-how. Consider that the Quadrifoglio Verde weighs 1,525 kilos (3,362 lbs). BMW M3 what now? The Bavarian tips the scales at 1,605 kilos (3,540 lbs). But the Alfa does the 0 to 100 km/h (62 mph) sprint in 3.9 seconds!

Last edited by a moderator:
Gotta love thread mergers. :P But yes, it looks stunning, and apparently will perform ridiculously well.. Now, all we need to know is the pricing etc.

Back