Volkswagen Vision Gran Turismo Futuristic car Study

Australia
QLD,
StigBelcherStyle
This futuristic concept vehicle is dedicated for Volkswagen, it’s a Vision Gran Turismo project where you don’t need a pilot, it’s an unmanned vehicle.

The brief for this project was to design a cool GT Vision concept for Volkswagen. Our first realization was that, in a game, you control a pilot that controls a vehicle. While being realistic, it’s not really immersive, so we decided to get rid of the pilot and make an unmanned vehicle instead.

Gran Turismo 6 is a good platform for the brands to show their know-how but it’s also a video game so it has no limits. We, then, decided to use futuristic technologies like a xenon thruster (ionic engine) and supercapacitors to power the vehicle, Coandă effect to lift the vehicle and reduce air drag and laser wheels for frictionless steering. It also features sensors (G Force, temperature, altitude, inclination, etc…), 3D cameras and rear rotating wings for steering and airbraking.

Having no pilot, we were able to design an extremely aerodynamic vehicle, with long flat horizontal volumes, which echoes Volkswagen’s current DNA. Indeed, they have a strong desire to optimize and reduce the Cx of their vehicles, just like the XL-1, for ultimate efficiency. Nevertheless, we didn’t want to have anything like a grille or regular headlights but instead wanted to bring new features that could inspire new ways of designing their vehicles. That’s why, when it’s off, the INFINITE becomes a sculpture showing the design direction Volkswagen is heading to.

gt-vision-concept-for-volkswagen1.jpg
gt-vision-concept-for-volkswagen2.jpg
gt-vision-concept-for-volkswagen3.jpg

Found Second Car on Page 2

http://www.tuvie.com/futuristic-vision-gran-turismo-concept-car-study-for-volkswagen/

Last edited:
Doesn't frictionless sound very dangerous? How do you steer with no friction? Hell, how do you steer with what looks like glowsticks which are as wide as a pencil?

Perfect, designers have gotten drunk with power. The heck happened here? Did they look at the Bertone VGT project and thought "Ok, this is crazy. So let's do something even crazier for kicks!"? I can't quite comprehend the reasoning behind this; couldn't they just explore a different engine technology? Why go as far as to create a god darn unmanned car? I get that the VGT project can be used to test new technologies, but still. If this ever makes it into the VGT project, expect many flaming and anger from other players. I'm calling it right now, so you don't have to. Also;

Website ses:
While being realistic, it’s not really immersive, so we decided to get rid of the pilot and make an unmanned vehicle instead.

The heck kind of drugs are you running? The pilot is virtual anyways, so it's not like the game is fully immersive from the get go. That is what real life is for. Not having a driver makes the driving process more immersive? Er, I beg to differ, but... Then again, it is just a study, all things considered. Odds are that it'll remain as such, unless the VAG group picks up on that.

This is actually one of the coolest ideas in VGT so far. A drone car, now that's original (at least for a racing game). With no need to fit a driver inside (and no need for safety features for said driver), of course we would get a very unique shape. Just imagine how much weight you save too, when you don't need steering wheels, additional windows, air vents, seats or a roll cage.

So what is this exactly? Is it a custom design for a VGT created by someone for fun or are they going to try and go further with it?

So what is this exactly? Is it a custom design for a VGT created by someone for fun or are they going to try and go further with it?

From what I can see, it seems to be a custom design that just happens to be tied to a real-life car brand. Much like the Skoda sketches found a few weeks ago, just an unofficial study for a VGT car.

I love the Chapparal 2X and SRT Tomahawk. Even the Bertone is quite cool. But this...a driverless car have no place in a driving game.

PD please do not put this in. Enough is enough.

So this is the missing 'vw2' car?

The released Volkswagen Vision GT cars are vw1 and vw3.

I don't think it is the "vw2" car, not this one at least. Unless Volkswagen knows something we don't, this project isn't entirely official. It's a study from a designer for a possible VW VGT, but it is not officialy tied to the VGT project...

Last edited:
The 2 wheels/floating rear concept is extremely similar to something I've dabbled with for several years. :irked:

Back