• Thread starter MonGnoM
  • 20 comments

MonGnoM

(Banned)
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
MonGnoM
Hello dear community!

This week's most discussed topic probably are the new Vision Gran Turismo cars by SRT, the Tomahawks.
I'm testing all the VGT cars on Suzuka and on the Nordschleife, but the Tomahawks will not be possible for me to drive them on the Nordschleife.

Anyway, i was testing the SRT Tomahawk X VGT at Suzuka.
I'm using a Logitech G27 wheel mounted on a playseat, and a big flatscreen!

So, let's go for a hotlap (and my injury)...
Main straight, so fast, i didn't want to check the speed of it.
Probable over 500 km/h. Then slight braking into turn one and a little bit heavier braking into turn two, but still in 4th gear.
Then the "esses". I clocked over 350 in those corners, and at the last turn of the esses, i somehow lost control, wanted to counterstear, i steared so fast (because my reactions wanted me to act faster than i ever did, and than i actually could) and then i heard a clunk from my right wrist.
Seconds later an immense pain.

Now, it still hurts, my wrist is thick and swollen, and I have wrapped a cool pack around it.
Well now i have an overstretched ligament or tendon, but I had great fun and somehow I have to laugh about this.

I am not hating about the game or about the new VGT car, neither am I planning to sue anyone for injury money, I just wanted to share this funny happening with you guys!

Keep the fun up, and don't hurt yourself!

Who said GT6's crash physics aren't good?

I remember back in my DFGT days (2 years ago :P ) I did such a thing as well, on the ring. Though, my DFGT broke before damage was done to my wrist. That wheel was clearly not Daniël-proof. Now with my G27 I should be careful, hearing from your experience.

I have something similar to this wrist also.

However for me, it is more commom that I hurt my male reproductive parts. The problem occurs because I cannot sittuate my wheel properly. When I have my hands at 9 and 3 on the wheel I am in my proper racing grip. Sometimes I need to turn the wheel 90 degrees one way or the other. This is where I have to be careful. My knuckles will actually "rack" myself if I am not careful. :scared:

Tape a bag of frozen peas over the wrist - you'll be able to race through the pain.

(Got the image of the film Whiplash in my head) - Someone needs to do a parody but spliced with a GT6 racer bleeding hands on the wheel.

Good Lap... that is the worst thing you can say to a driver.

Anyhow, get well soon.

Amazed that you hurt yourself countersteering with a G27, can't imagine what would have happened if you had used a T500RS instead. Maybe sign though that you need to change how tightly you hold steering wheel as it could happen again if you try event once your wrist feels better. You should be able to drive well with just one hand if you improve technique, should also greatly reduce chance of injury by having a light grip.

Trust me, that Tomahawk was the biggest challenge in my life :lol:

I think not only did i loose the control of the car, but also the control of what my hamds were doing when it happened haha
It wasn't because of the force feedback, more because of the rapid change of directions.

Gotta love it!

Trust me, that Tomahawk was the biggest challenge in my life :lol:

I think not only did i loose the control of the car, but also the control of what my hamds were doing when it happened haha
It wasn't because of the force feedback, more because of the rapid change of directions.

Gotta love it!
Well, I wasn't really up for trying to race a stupidly annoying car on the ring. In stead I put it in 7th gear, pressed the nitrous button to disable that stupidly nervous active aero and cruised around that track. I have to admit I pressed the accelerator pedal quite far into the floor on the long straigths. I even scored bronze using this strategy.

I put the FFB to 1/1 and my hands still feel sore after only 3 laps :scared: Even in GT5 with the X2010 and FFB 10 it wasn't this bad. The X is absolutely brutal :lol:

I recall about 2 years ago I had a severly damaged toenail, and against my better judgement I raced without socks for a league race... About halfway through I sliced it open on the side of the throttle pedal and much blood was spilled, along with pulsating pain... It just goes to show that injury can happen anywhere! Get well soon MonGnoM!

Get well soon @MonGnoM ! :)

I have my FF settings at 7/9 (Or was it 9/7?) and I never had any problems with the FF strenght, but I can imagine how a quick change in movenent would hurt you, even when guided by the wheel.

Left calf muscle cramp, my pedals dropped flat and instead of pausing the game and repositioning the pedals I kept going in a 15 minute race, with 1 minute left I went for a late heavy brake and the cramp made my foot leave the brake pedal and as I bent down to grab my calf... my forehead slammed into the steering wheel, thank god there were no cameras around. But I still am calling it a racing related injury.

Left calf muscle cramp...
I'm sorry, I'm sure it hurt, but that's the funniest thing I've read for weeks. :lol::lol::lol:

I do recall that on a Thursday after a week of nights spent obsessively chasing a certain Mr Vettel my wrist once saw the wrong side of my G25. I remember specifically yelling "🤬 this, 🤬 Red Bull, 🤬 Sebastian Vettel and 🤬 Gran Turismo" before standing up, punching my racing seat and walking out. I left everything on all night and the next day because I couldn't stand to look at it.

I got there in the end and I've got a platinum trophy to prove it. In your face Sebastian.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, I'm sure it hurt, but that's the funniest thing I've read for weeks. :lol::lol::lol:

I do recall that on a Thursday after a week of nights spent obsessively chasing a certain Mr Vettel my wrist once saw the wrong side of my G25. I remember specifically yelling "🤬 this, 🤬 Red Bull, 🤬 Sebastian Vettel and 🤬 Gran Turismo" before standing up, punching my racing seat and walking out. I left everything on all night and the next day because I couldn't stand to look at it.

I got there in the end and I've got a platinum trophy to prove it. In your face Sebastian.
Well and that is the funniest thing I read in months :lol::lol::lol:

Back