Course Maker delay - is it a good reason?

• Thread starter nickg07
  • 13 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ballist1x
It has been said that the course maker has been delayed and for good reason.

Now, i ask, what is a good reason and why can this not be communicated?

To me a good reason would be that Kaz is preparing millions of strippers to send round to each purchaser of GT6 to keep them entertained while making courses. Or that it us being delayed to coincide with release of feature xyz that will be mind blowing and transform GT6 into GT6 CM Ultra HD version.

If it's delayed to technical reasons i.e it doesn't work due to bugs. Or legal question marks, these are not good reasons, they are excuses for over promising and under delivering in an untimely fashion.

If people know the reason, and it is a good one and not an excuse, why can they not tell us? We are (mostly ) adults here. We can understand a good reasoning. It would help to stop speculation and put everyone's mind at rest.

Peace.

I'm sure they have their own reasons, that's about it in regards to that. Though on the PR side of things, PD is failing imo, miserably. Hopefully its for good reason, and they don't come out in the coming months saying it wasn't possible. It would be a major loss to them in many ways.

I doubt it is a legal issue. Remember Deltawing in the run up to GT5? It disappeared without a trace after the legal issue came up for that. It only reappeared under a new name once that had been sorted out.

The Course Maker has still been mentioned and has always been on the GT official site. If it was a legal issue they would have removed it.

Question one here.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-or-gilles-vidal.329774/page-10#post-10772501

JVL : Could you tell us where is the statut of the course maker and why this feature need much time to development ?
Kazunori : It's still in progress, but it takes us more work than expected.

I don't see why anyone needs more of an explanation than that?

Last edited:
Legal issue with the code base from what one person described elsewhere.

For me a good reason would be one that is good for the fans and owners of the game, otherwise it's more an excuse and isn't very 'good' at all.

And you realise you've just contributed to it again. I've reported the thread some 30mins ago and the Mods are yet to take action so they must be fine with another one of these threads. Unfortunately it won't end well.

You could be right; I should have let you handle it and instead PM'd the members in question.

There's nothing in the AUP to forbid anyone discussing GT6's promised Course Maker. As long as it's a sensible discussion.

What doesn't help is some people thinking they are admins or sucking up to admins instead of discussing the issue at hand. Say no to censorship.

What was it about this thread that made you think reporting it to a mod as soon as it was posted would be positive for the GTP community?

It's a shame but it seems like PD need constant pressure and chasing of them to release the info that the fans and purchasers require.

Without pressuring PD we might never know why it's been delayed or they might even forget about releasing it altogether. So why can't we ask for the reasons if it's a genuine and good one, why wouldn't they communicate it or mods on GTP pressure PD into asking them if they can release the reason etc?

Last edited:
What doesn't help is some people thinking they are admins or sucking up to admins instead of discussing the issue at hand. Say no to censorship.
There's nothing wrong with discussing the Course Maker, like photonrider just said, as long as it's sensible and mature. The OP wasn't exactly sensible, in my eyes at least, as you thought sending strippers was a good idea.

And it's not called 'sucking up to the Admins', it's simply called being a sensible and mature member of GTP.

Anyway, let's get back on topic...

There's nothing wrong with discussing the Course Maker, like photonrider just said, as long as it's sensible and mature. The OP wasn't exactly sensible, in my eyes at least, as you thought sending strippers was a good idea.

And it's not called 'sucking up to the Admins', it's simply called being a sensible and mature member of GTP.

Anyway, let's get back on topic...

If you're not interested in course maker or its progress though, don't you have something bigger better or stronger to do than read the thread and then trying to get it locked?

You guys took it off topic by discussing the fact that you had reported the thread within the thread itself without prior worthy comments or a reason as to why you'd reported it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back