Two more maintenance periods, 7th & 9th July

• Thread starter MatskiMonk
  • 340 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
http://www.gran-turismo.com/

At the following time we will perform maintenance on the servers for Gran Turismo 6:

From UK Site:
Start: 07/07/2015 12:00 BST (GMT +1)
Finish: 07/07/2015 20:00 BST (GMT +1)

Start: 09/07/2015 12:00 BST (GMT +1)
Finish: 09/07/2015 20:00 BST (GMT +1)

From USA Site:
Start: 07/07/2015 07:00 EDT
Finish: 07/07/2015 15:00 EDT

Start: 07/09/2015 07:00 EDT
Finish: 07/09/2015 15:00 EDT

During the maintenance, it will not be possible to connect to any of the online services.

8 Hour periods?

Last edited:
This is my speculation either Version 2.0 or massive updates that will take quite a bit of time to upload through the Playstation Network for it to be done in two segments.

I would love if this would be the reason for the maintainance, But I highly doubt it:

Hey guys,
I wasn't sure if it deserves an own thread but look at this. Gran Turismo replied to my rant about the poor quality of one of my fav cars. The Falken Skyline (you should check out how poor it looks like)
I mean the Nissan Skyline R34 Touring car has the same bodykit, only with a different rearwing and a bit different frontbumper. So it wouldn't have been too hard to premiumize.

So to make the long story short. Here is the reply:
gtrzx3r.jpg

Is it just a standart reply of PD to calm their users or do you think they really work on improving the horrible looking standart cars?

Happens to coincide with the annual FIA Sport conference...
Well it's going to be an online competition, the servers do need to be able to hold more than 10+ people. So, probably news regarding the FIA Competition will happen at the FIA Sport Conference and these maintenance periods are purely to prepare the servers and improve the stability and quality of rooms in order to host the FIA Competition.

The french official website is more explicit than the others:
Une mise à jour des serveurs => A SERVER Update

It was the same last time for the 01/07 maintenance.... We should try to stay on Earth this time.
If it's a server update it better fix most of the issues that the servers have right now. (am I expecting too much?)

And the times are at a different period then usual, but similar to last years infamous double maintenance period start time. The times translate to 20:00 - 04:00 in Japan. Skeleton Shift, much?

...Wow. Now I'm not gonna jump into the "train" just yet, but three big maintenance periods in matter of weeks?

Even a hardcore skeptic must feel a little optimistic...

Didn't "they" say where there's smoke, there's a fire...?

Even a hardcore skeptic must feel a little optimistic...
I'm a bit of a skeptic and I think it's just maintenance to improve Server Stability. The servers have been below par and PD is obviously trying to fix that.

I'm a bit of a skeptic and I think it's just maintenance to improve Server Stability. The servers have been below par and PD is obviously trying to fix that.

...True. I don't expect much either. But still, I'm feeling good today, sooo, let me not stay grumpy! :D

Stop expecting stuff from the maintenance periods! That way if a good update does in fact happen, you can be happy about it, rather than angry if there is no update when you were expecting one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back