Change.org Petition to get Gran Turismo on PC Help us

• Thread starter jjbk
  • 239 comments
GTP_Rotang007
Hi everyone. The time has come. Since the PS4 is essentially a X86 platform. And with the release of Direct X 12 and Windows 10 being imminent.

Its time we ask Kaz to think about putting Gran Turismo onto the PC.
Here is the petition link
https://www.change.org/p/sony-polyp...de-the-playstation-to-realise-it-s-full-glory

And lets be honest. The PS4 is a very low end pc with good low level API access. So it gets good performance.
But lets quantify it, the Fury X , the new GFX card. Is offering at least 200% better quality and power at double and even quadruple the resolutions.

Gran Turismo should be a 1440p or 4k 2160p game! And to do that Gran Turismo needs the PC!!

Kaz needs to know. That if he builds a new GT on the PC. He will have the freedom and ability to make a 100GB game. With full textures, and something we want real SOUND!!
No compromises would be made on PC, and we the PC master race would Damn well LOVE that!

JOIN US! And help this petition.

P.S.
To all PS4 owners don't freak. The game is based on the same platform, so its going to be co developed for PS4 as well. So voting for it, even if you don't own a PC it will only help. It will never hurt!
I know this seems pretty crappy. I mean 1st world problems right! But I am really passionate about this game. I hope We see more :) Thanks guys soo much!
I thank you all for you time

Again here is the link to the petition. please help us

https://www.change.org/p/sony-polyp...de-the-playstation-to-realise-it-s-full-glory

Last edited:
What? You're serious? Let me laugh even harder!
rekt.gif

Just wait a few years for PS3 emulators, they'll come.
Sony would never publish one of their main IP's on PC.

Last edited:
A more powerful platform will not save GT.

Only PD can save GT, and for that my friend, they need to drastically change their vision, especially with PCARS looking to become a serious contender and FM6 less than 2 months away from release.

It really is sad to see how one of the best franchises to have ever come on a console is fading away. Or.. is it???

Honestly, GT on PC could save the series if they opened it to modding like Assetto.

The game could be infinitely better and a god send.

Honestly, GT on PC could save the series if they opened it to modding like Assetto.

The game could be infinitely better and a god send.
It could, but I'm pretty sure Sony would never go for it.

A more powerful platform will not save GT.

Only PD can save GT, and for that my friend, they need to drastically change their vision, especially with PCARS looking to become a serious contender and FM6 less than 2 months away from release.

It really is sad to see how one of the best franchises to have ever come on a console is fading away. Or.. is it???
Pretty sure PCARS isn't close to a serious contender with poor sales and a horrible first impression.

Even if GT comes out on PC, there will probably still be standard cars. I'm fine with it staying sa a Playstation exclusive because of this.

GT won't appear on PC, ever.

That being said, it would be pretty radical if GT was a PC exclusive. I mean, even though the console is a dying breed, what PD have shown they are capable of on that platform is astonishing especially considering the cheap hardware.

Yet, just imagine if there were no limitations for them, if they could harness the power of 4K multi-monitor PC gaming, the graphics would be astonishing considering the infinite power. Not to mention mod support.

I'd buy it.

Pretty sad to see that most of the people hear are noting the addition of 4k to be the most worthwhile upside to a PC move... if it were to even survive being on PC the physics, sound and AI would have to be reworked extensively.

Oh, and they'd need to actually communicate with their fan base too.

View attachment 412625

...Heh, another chance to use this gif!!! :mischievous:

You seem to be a fan of hearing the same excuses of console limitations with each game released. With a PC none of the such could happen.

Wow I expected a little more maturity here.
instead of using the petition you chose to just say nope never going to happen. DUH thats what the petition is for. to make /help Sony realize there are people out there that want this to happen. instead all I got was memes and negativity.

instead of using the petition you chose to just say nope never going to happen. DUH thats what the petition is for. to make /help Sony realize there are people out there that want this to happen. instead all I got was memes and negativity.
I saw it coming. Sucks, but...

It isn't a viable option. It never will be one.

Well, you said "it's time WE ask Kaz..."

I don't wish to be lumped into this group. MY OPINION is it will never happen, so I will not sign yet another petition. Not being negative, immature and no meme included.

Good day sir.

@jjbk - Aside from all the rude comments from certain GT Planet members, I think you have a good idea here. The only trouble is that Sony pretty much owns PD, & Gran Turismo has always been an exclusive PlayStation title that Sony have used to drive sales of their consoles. I can't see anyway that Sony would benefit from a PC release.

Clearly the VAST majority want Gran Turismo to stay as a PlayStation exclusive, thus there is little point signing your petition.
Now on the other side of the coin, there's nothing stopping Kaz leaving Polyphony and creating a new company for PC development (*Cough* See Hideo Kojima *Cough*) but that's very unlikely to happen as Kaz has been an influential person in the Sony hierarchy since the mid-nineties, and as GT is an ip owned by Sony Computer Entertainment there is zero chance of it ever coming to PC unless Sony pull out of the home console market.

I hope you can now see why some people are now finding you proposition and petition laughable.

Modding is only useful for destroying games.

"oh look lets mod this small hatchback and put it 2000 horsepower and F1 grip"

Just no.

Sorry, this really bugged me. You've clearly never experienced "proper" modding. Console "modding" is essentially hacking, and usually ruins the game for others, as you rightly pointed out. However, on PC modding is a wonderful thing, just look at game like rFactor, which had it's lifespan extended by 10 odd years due to some wonderful modded cars that you would otherwise never see in video games, and modern games such as Assetto Corsa that are capitalising on it's community's modding skills to enhance the game, hell, the Assetto Corsa devs are even adding mods into the base game.

With that kind of love from the community, GT on PC could be huge, adding all the features and more that Kaz never would (Including modelling interiors for the standard cars, and replacing sound files), however Gran Turismo is never coming to PC, and even if it was a possibility, due to Kaz's infamous stubbornness, and PD's unfamiliarity with PC architecture, I doubt it even would then.

</rant>

Modding is only useful for destroying games.

"oh look lets mod this small hatchback and put it 2000 horsepower and F1 grip"

Just no.
I disagree. Sure you might see some silly mods for PC games but the majority of mods I have seen for PC games, especially track racers, are actually pretty realistic, and accurate. IF GT came to PC, some really great mods could potentially come out of it.

Back