The Phantom Update (I'm Losing Faith)

Do you still think the July Update is coming?

• Yup. You are one paranoid and impatient poster.

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Yeah, I guess...

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • I don't care...

Votes: 19 36.5%
  • Not really sure it's coming anymore...

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Nope. Not a chance.

Votes: 13 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
United States
California | PST
AverageJoe59
I'm really starting to doubt the "July Update" will ever come. It seems that PD uses it as a way to keep people playing GT in anticipation.

I remember when the first announcement of a July update came out. I was pumped.
But then PD started to mess up, but it didn't matter. The July update was coming. That was my reason for playing.

The odd maintainance times gave me hope, but then that blew away.

Now it's towards the end of July, and Kaz hasn't exatly been definite on the issue.

So what will come in the July update, if it comes at all?

There's been a lot of "speculation" for a long time about "spec 2.0". I don't remember any quotes from Kaz that mentioned a "July update".

I'm assuming July Update means the update for this month, given the game updates are given monthly. Usually, they are proceeded by Vision GT hype, but I haven't heard any new VGT announcement yet.

PD does release new GT6 updates without new VGT, though. ;)

I read nothing into pure speculation. If there is an update this month, there's still a third of it to go.

There is still a chance this week and next week but i'm honestly not sure. I hope it is though. All these games are getting updates and we're just sitting here. C'MON KAZ, SHOW 'EM WHAT WE'VE GOT!

I`ve already gave up a week ago. GT6 has became boring again, in the news their is nothing going on or no announcements or anything. Not even anything to do with the VGT series. August would be a great month for course maker to be released because that is the month when most people are off and free.

I think the July update was supposed to be part of the hype that the maintenances caused.

I have always set my exception low for game updates and then be surprised when they are released. Right now i haven't got any access to my Playstation 3 for a month now and will probably have to make a new PSN account.
I think whats best for everyone right now is to go outside and enjoy our summer. I know I am!

It was because of this I think - https://www.gtplanet.net/more-gt6-online-service-maintenance-scheduled-for-july/

It got everyone wondering if there was a big update coming . Then the great PD silence . It turned out to be a PSN scheduled update downtime with other games closing down their servers to take advantage of the time by performing in house server maintenance .

An almost reliable clue to new VGTs is the end date of the VGT seasonals . In roughly 80% of the times that one is due to end I expected a new one to appear , and in most cases it did . Depends on what is or is not ready to be released at the end of the day . Spec 2.0 is , at this point , pure speculation .

It was because of this I think - https://www.gtplanet.net/more-gt6-online-service-maintenance-scheduled-for-july/

It got everyone wondering if there was a big update coming . Then the great PD silence . It turned out to be a PSN scheduled update downtime with other games closing down their servers to take advantage of the time by performing in house server maintenance .

An almost reliable clue to new VGTs is the end date of the VGT seasonals . In roughly 80% of the times that one is due to end I expected a new one to appear , and in most cases it did . Depends on what is or is not ready to be released at the end of the day . Spec 2.0 is , at this point , pure speculation .
I heard tons of new threads were created because of this, totally unnecessary behavior. I can understand the fact it was an unusual length of time for a maintenance, but as on every news posting about other maintenances:

Although a maintenance notice certainly does not guarantee a game update will be made available..

There was a lot of forum speculation about "Spec 2.0" most likely being added in a July update that Kaz mentioned.

There was a lot of forum speculation, but it was all based on server maintenance announcements. Kaz didn't mention anything regarding a July update as far as I'm aware.

No July update has been announced by anyone, much less PD - so how they can be using something they haven't said anything about escapes me.
I guess then I've been mistaken quite badly. :confused: This thread is kind of pointless, so I would like to request a lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back