Credit Glitch in GT7 - what if?

Will you take advantage of a GT7 credits glitch?

• Definitely and as much as possible.

Votes: 61 37.7%
  • Yes, but only to acquire some very expensive cars to avoid having to grind for them later.

Votes: 39 24.1%
  • No, definitely not.

Votes: 62 38.3%

• Total voters

Johnnypenso

Well known double poster
Premium
Canada
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Johnnypenso
Both GT5 and GT6 allowed you to gain huge amounts of credits in a matter of hours, outside the normal gameplay (not talking about hex editing or game save editing here). In GT6, if you availed yourself of the VGT glitch, you could easily build a garage of several hundred cars in a matter of hours. Many GTP members have made it known, myself included, that they took advantage of the glitch to save themselves time, so that they might focus more on the parts of the game that they enjoy.

So my question is, assuming for the sake of this discussion that the game economy and progression in GT7 is similar to GT5/6, will you take advantage of a money glitch if it comes along, assuming you buy the game of course?

Last edited:
Absolutely. I don't mind making certain cars only available through completing of stages, events etc; GT7 should actually have more of that. Grinding for credits is pointless.

...I guess depends on the exploit. If it requires me to download 2gigs+ stuff, only to erase it and repeat the process ad nauseam, then nope not interested. My network's too slow as it is and my ISP's gonna throw a fit...

But if it's something relatively simple and painless, I guess I'll dip my toes in and get those 20mil vintage beauties that no doubt would make their appearances again. The price tag I mean.

If they keep cars selling for 20 Million cr. I would but then again I won't buy GT7 due to standard cars, poor AI, chase wabbits style races, etc. Assuming they don't fix any of this and just enhance graphics as usual that is.

Absolutely not. Actually doing races, instead of grinding or using credits hacks, can be pretty fun even if it takes longer.

I love completing the game and doing all the races. I have the platinum trophy. Having to do them 1,000 times over to get the cars I want is not fun tho.

What we need are better skill based challenges (think Vettel Challenge in Gt5) Where special cars are won. Make game play more interesting, challenging and fun (worth the grind).

I used the credit glitch to get all the ridiculously expensive cars and have played the game since to purchase everything else.

Last edited:
If its economic system is like GT5/6 I'd take full advantage of it. If GT7 actually has a good career mode I'd only use it to acquire those ridiculously priced 20mil cars.

An interesting idea is, if the game is good and if it finds a unique and fun way of supplying credits to the player, you shouldn't want to use the glitch, eh?
A unique and fun way of supplying credits would be an added way to play the game, but wouldn't change my desire to have all the cars right away for online racing and tuning. IMO the career mode should be challenging and fun in and of itself, the real reward should be the racing, not the credits. If the racing is nitty gritty, competitive, scalable etc. the game economy only gets in the way of that because so long as you need money to buy cars, you are always going to want to win in order to maximize your payouts. What's the fun of an intense battle with a pack of 4 or 5 cars for 5th place when it costs you half your prize money to have a car that is in the middle of that fight? Sooner or later most players will simply choose faster and more powerful cars/upgrades, because competitive races = lower payouts.

I've always loved GT's credits system so I wouldn't exploit.

Maybe have a sub-account for showing the game off to mates.

I have the game since day 1 and I'm still unable to buy all the cars I want when I would need them (test a field of 60s Le Mans cars you almost need 100 million), so, yes, in a flawed economy like GT6's (especially right after release), with AI behaviour (slowing down) that makes it worthless to win races with your driving skill, I would exploit such a bug next time around.

I would much prefer though being able to earn those credits in game by accomplishing something. E.g. why not offer something like the Sierra Events, but with a) the car of your choice, b) credits awarded every time and c) payout based on your performance in relation to PP of used car? That would have replay-value unheard of in GT6 to date.

I dunno, I'm kind of torn. I still don't have many of those 20 mil cars after 19 months of racing in GT6. Not that I'm all that hot to get them, but one day I would like the full tea set.

GT5 had a Seasonal Event which was a great credit collector. It was a Nordschleife race that with the credit boost and PP bonus paid out about a million credits, and was a blast. Something like that should be in GT7. Even though we'd need to grind to get an appropriate car, it wouldn't be such an ordeal, and if there was a glitch, some of us wouldn't feel the need to use it.

I may do it if the method isn't too difficult or time consuming and there are no good money makers in game.

Assuming I buy GT7, yes.

Jerome

My first thought.

If I find out GT7 avoids the PS3 era's terrible Career Modes, and actually reinjects some fun into proceedings, I may be less inclined to do the glitch. But GT6 would've enjoyed an even shorter play time on my PS3 had the glitch not existed.

My first thought.

If I find out GT7 avoids the PS3 era's terrible Career Modes, and actually reinjects some fun into proceedings, I may be less inclined to do the glitch. But GT6 would've enjoyed an even shorter play time on my PS3 had the glitch not existed.

True that. I played GT5 for 18 months almost solid, then on and off 'til GT6. I only played GT6 for about 3 months and then only logged in to maintain owning every car with buying the vision cars. I guess in retrospect, GT5 wasn't as a bad of game as I originally thought, but it sure didn't hold a candle to GT3&4.

If there is no glitch, then I'll just rubberband my way to the top. But I have decided not to get every car in the game again the payoff just isn't there. I would buy all the super expensive/rare cars, race cars, supercars, concepts, tuners and my favs and leave the remaining 70% in the dealership to buy on an as-needed-basis. And if GT7 has the same trophies as GT5 & 6, I won't waste any of my time chasing them.

Jerome

An interesting idea is, if the game is good and if it finds a unique and fun way of supplying credits to the player, you shouldn't want to use the glitch, eh?
Credits aren't necessary for enjoyment. They may even be detrimental. There is no good credit system in my opinion.

I doubt that I would take advantage of a credit glitch. I've been able to accumulate over 530 cars, including 3 $20,000,000 cars, a $15,000,000 car and several of the other multi-million $ cars. I'm sitting on 44,000,000 credits right now and I've honestly never really grinded anything for credits. I think one afternoon I ran the SSRX event with a VGT car that I don't care about, over and over while listening to music on headphones, solely to accumulate the credits. But, that's literally the only time I've ever done something like that.

I understand the opinions of others who just want to be able to choose any car they wish from the get-go, to race online with friends or whatever. Basically, I feel to each their own. It doesn't bother me if the glitch exists and everyone in the world but me takes advantage of it. I'm not in competition against anyone else in that regard.

Honestly, I hope GT7 just has a compelling Career Mode - something that makes me WANT to run events over and over again. I mean, considering the point I've reached in GT6 (money and car wise), there's no compelling reason for me to go back and run International B events, for example, as the AI is god-awful and the payouts are pathetic. I just end up running the bi-weekly A-Spec Seasonal Events several times during the week to get my AI racing groove on because at least those payouts are worthwhile.

No. I took advantage of the seasonals and the credits bonus you get by logging in daily and I now have 450 cars and 40 million credits. (Hopefully) GT7 will be the same.

Absolutely not. Tough decision but I think the game is about earning not glitching. I know many of you guys don't want to grind for hours, I get that. I agree at a degree. It is boring to grind in a game like GT6. But still, I think we should get reward cars for certain events like we used to, GT1/2/4 style. I remember in GT4, used to do the Costa Di Amalfi races over and over to get the ugly Toyota rally car and sell it, insta 400k each time I sold it. Used a different car each time, just so I wouldn't get tired. My favourite car to grind that event was undoubtedly the Amuse Carbon R.

Absolutely not. Tough decision but I think the game is about earning not glitching. I know many of you guys don't want to grind for hours, I get that. I agree at a degree. It is boring to grind in a game like GT6. But still, I think we should get reward cars for certain events like we used to, GT1/2/4 style. I remember in GT4, used to do the Costa Di Amalfi races over and over to get the ugly Toyota rally car and sell it, insta 400k each time I sold it. Used a different car each time, just so I wouldn't get tired. My favourite car to grind that event was undoubtedly the Amuse Carbon R.

I remember doing that when i was younger , good times :D

Nope, I'll be earning my Credit, to gain a nice car collection, amusing i buy a PS4. thinking of going to Xbox.

Assuming GT7 even has a credit system, then yes.

;)

I took advantage of the glitches in GT5 & 6.
Out of boredom I started GT5 again under another user name and it's very hard to buy good cars with no glitches, no Seasonal Events and no daily sign in credit bonuses. At least the used cars are still available.
The bad thing is, GT5 looks good even after running GT6 from day 1. It has the endurance races and Course Maker.

Back