United States
Azle, TX
supermanfromazle
SanjiHimura
Nintendo SWITCH

Console.jpg

Launch Date: March 3rd, 2017

Technical Specifications

APU: Custom Nvidia Tegra X2 Chip (Unconfirmed)
RAM: Unknown
Internal Storage: 32GB
Expandable Storage: Up to 2TB with microSDXC cards.

Games
Partners.jpg

List of Expected Launch titles: (In alphabetical order)

1-2-Switch (March 3rd, 2017)
Arcade Archives
ARMS (Spring, 2017)
Binding of Issac: Afterbirth+ (Spring, 2017)
Constructor HD (March 3rd, 2017)
Disgaea 5: Complete
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 (working title)
Dragon Quest Heroes 1 and 2
Dragon Quest X (Japan Only)
Dragon Quest XI
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Special Edition (Fall, 2017)
Farming Simulator
Fast RMX
FIFA 18
Fire Emblem Heroes
Has Been Heroes (March 2017)
I am Setsuna (March 2017)
Just Dance 2017 (March 2017)
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (March 3rd, 2017)
Lego City Undercover (Spring, 2017)
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (April 28, 2017)
Minecraft
Minecraft Story Mode - The Complete Adventure
NBA 2K18 (September 2017)
New Frontier Days: Founding Pioneers
No More Heroes
Project Octopath Traveller
Project Sonic 2017 (Tentative Title)
Puyo Puyo Tetris
Rayman Legends Definitive Edition
Redout (Spring 2017)
Shin Megami Tensei: Brand New Title
Skylanders Imaginators (March 2017)
Snipperclips - Cut it out, together! (March 2017)
Sonic Mania (Spring, 2017)
Splatoon 2 (Summer, 2017)
Steep
Super Bomberman R (March 2017)
Super Mario Odyssey (Holiday, 2017)
Syberia 3
Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers
Untitled BlazBlue
Untitled Tales
Untitled Taiko Drum Master
Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

*Switch Exclusive
**Switch Exclusive to Consoles
+Timed Exclusive

Titles in Italics are unconfirmed/rumoured. Source: /r/NintendoSwitch Wiki

Color codes

Green will indicate games that have a Spring release date or confirmed to have a release date in the Spring months.

Blue will indicate games that have a Summer release date or confirmed to have a release date in the summer months.

Red will indicate games that have a fall release date or confirmed to have a release date in the fall months.

Purple will indicate games that have a winter or holiday release date or confirmed to have a release date in the winter months.

Black text on titles will remain to have a 2017 release date or a game that doesn't have an announced release date.

FAQ

1. What is the screen resolution of the Switch?
The screen is 6.2 inches and the resolution is 1280x720, or in other words, it is 720p.

2. What is the battery life?
Battery life can range from 2.5 hours to more than 6 hours depending on game and usage conditions. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, for example, can be played for 3 hours on a single charge.

3. What is the storage options for the Switch?
32GB is in the Switch as internal memory, a portion of which is partitioned off for system operations. Users can easily expand storage by using microSDXC cards, which, using current technology, can support 256GB of additional internal storage or more.

4. What are the specs on the dock?
The dock is equipped with 3 USB ports (one on the rear, and two on the side), one USB Type-C for charging and one HDMI out. Beyond that, the dock does nothing of note, spec wise.

5. The capture button. What does it do exactly?
The capture button is a lot like the PS4’s share button. It will allow you to capture images of gameplay and upload them to social media sites for public consumption. Video uploading will come later in a patch.

6. Where is the Amiibo sensor on the joy-con?
The Amiibo sensor is located on the right joy-con stick itself.

7. How the joy-con’s battery is being used random question.
The joy-con is passively being charged while on the Switch tablet. This means that while you are taking the Switch on the go, the joy-cons are still being charged while attached to the tablet. If you attach the joy-cons to the Joy-Con Grip, the battery will be drained unless you attach a charging cable to the grip itself.

8. How do you sync Joy-Cons to the Switch tablet?
Per the Nintendo Treehouse stream, simply attach the Joy-Cons that you wish to sync to the Switch to the tablet and remove.

9. How many players can play at one time on any given game on one tablet?
If the tech demo of Super Bomberman R is of any indication, up to 8 at one time.

10. How many tablets can connect to a single session?
Eight.

Online portion of the program

11. Do you know how much the online will cost?
No idea at the present time, but it shouldn’t cost more than PSN and XBL in your region.

12. What do you get with the paid online?
That is a little murky, and so I will answer the best of my ability. You get access to their online servers, their online lobby and voice chat app, a free monthly game rental from their NES/SNES library and exclusive deals.

13. Why the monthly rental from the SNES library?
The Switch’s Virtual Console will offer online play to select collections, like the SNES. Compared to other services, that shouldn’t weigh much, but for those who do want to play those games online with friends from outside their countries, this is a pretty big deal.

14. Will you need a Nintendo account to access online?
Yes. I am signing up as soon as I finish editing this post.

15. Are Switch titles linked to your Nintendo Account?
According to Reggie Fils-Amie, yes, the capability is there. Source

Last edited:
Meh. The Wiimote never lived up to its promises or potential, but I think its best qualities are as a unique spin on a normal controller, rather than a motion control device. The Nunchuck is liberating in terms of posture, like removing shackles you didn't know you were wearing. It makes conventional controllers feel like narrow little toys. :lol: And the Gamepad succeeds at bringing a DS-style interface to a home console -- I've now lost some patience for things like pausing the game to glance at a (fullsize) map.

I wouldn't be opposed to a conventional controller, but the Wiimote+Nunchuck and Gamepad are better than a conventional controller. :P

Anyway, all I care about for now is whether this news implies Nintendo is considering an all-digital console. I seriously hope not. The other idea of switching from relatively frail discs to a form of carts/cards that could be shared between a handheld and the home console, with the game scaling itself to the platform it's being played on...that could be a brilliant move.

Meh. The Wiimote never lived up to its promises or potential, but I think its best qualities are as a unique spin on a normal controller, rather than a motion control device. The Nunchuck is liberating in terms of posture, like removing shackles you didn't know you were wearing. It makes conventional controllers feel like narrow little toys. :lol:
I honestly couldn't care less whether they split the whole thing in two or just go with a conventional controller. Not like the aftermarket couldn't support you with either if there's a demand for it. Just don't put gyro sensors or touch screen or whatever on there.

And the Gamepad succeeds at bringing a DS-style interface to a home console -- I've now lost some patience for things like pausing the game to glance at a (fullsize) map.
Doesn't that shackle you down even more? :lol:

Either way, I've had enough with those gimmicks. I was so close to buying a WiiU just for StarFox Zero, but noooo, they just had to slap their stupid motion controls on (they're supposedly optional, though) - and a cockpit view on the touch screen of the controller (which is considered "integral"). Absolutely subjective opinion, obviously, but without that kind of stuff, they'll have to focus on some good, old fashioned air tight, solid gameplay. Which is what exactly what I want, especially from Nintendo.

And yes, I'm venting :lol:

I wouldn't be opposed to a conventional controller, but the Wiimote+Nunchuck and Gamepad are better than a conventional controller. :P
c9e1095062393a24dab581243efc2de1caad68a4a78377fcb4a8fe54472060f1.jpg

:P

Anyway, all I care about for now is whether this news implies Nintendo is considering an all-digital console. I seriously hope not. The other idea of switching from relatively frail discs to a form of carts/cards that could be shared between a handheld and the home console, with the game scaling itself to the platform it's being played on...that could be a brilliant move.
I agree that games being shared between the handheld and the home console is an awesome idea. Kinda sorta like the Super Gameboy back in the day! :D

I'm fine with digital only consoles, though. PCs are (mostly) exclusively digital - thanks to Steam and its ilk - and that works brilliantly for me. I do understand that there are people that actually collect games, so getting rid of physical releases entirely seems harsh. Nintendo's gotta like that idea, though. Not having to produce physical copies of their games and cutting the middle man out and all that... :indiff:

What I was kinda getting at in my last post is that in the absence of "gimmicky" software, the Wiimote+Nunchuck and Gamepad are like normal controllers with extra benefits. Motion controls or touch gameplay aren't always compulsory, and things like the IR pointer, off-TV play, and maps/information on the second screen are more common and openly beneficial. It's not all "waggle this" or "look at the touchscreen to do that."

I sympathise with you on how alienating the concept for Star Fox Zero is. The game actually turned out that way because there aren't many games on the Wii U that are based upon the screen and gyro, and Miyamoto was called upon to come up with some ideas.
...I do understand that there are people that actually collect games, so getting rid of physical releases entirely seems harsh. Nintendo's gotta like that idea, though. Not having to produce physical copies of their games and cutting the middle man out and all that... :indiff:
It's not just about collecting or displaying, but ownership and resale, trading and borrowing, and what happens in the future when companies inevitably pull the plug on today's game downloads. Like P.T., but things you paid money for, and things that late adopters would never be able to acquire in the first place.

There was some talk about the NX being a semi portable device, like a 3DS Pro.

Seeing the rise in tablets and mobile gaming Nintendo might build something like a Wii U gamepad on steroids with console level graphics and a 3D screen which can connect to a TV via a Chromecast style dongle. This would explain the lack of an optical drive.

I really hope Nintendo don't make it underpowered, they need to go back to the Gamecube idea with market leading graphics.

Well it's kinda been confirmed today the NX is indeed a Home/Portable hybrid console. Dev kets have started to be sent out. There are also rumours of AR and 3D being involved.

That pretty much means underpowered hardware as well, I'd expect.

Meh. Don't know what I was expecting. A no-nonsense approach, basically a Super Nintendo 2.0 that sells by virtue of great first and third party titles? I'm old fashioned, I suppose.

Nintendo President Tatsumi Kimishima: NX won't be the next Wii or WiiU

[Note: I picked a Facebook post at random]

“What I want to do, I think our first job right now is to make sure that the customers, those 10 million customers who have a Wii U at home have software to play. And we need to make sure that they are satisfied with their purchase and continue to enjoy playing on this platform. So we can’t just abandon them and say ‘Hey, it’s time to move on to the next thing.’ Of course we are working on NX and looking at the experiences we can bring to that platform. But first our job at this point is to support the consumers who have purchased Wii U and make sure that they have software experiences available to them.”

http://time.com/4131306/nintendo-kimishima-interview/

The Nintendo NX will be launching worldwide in March 2017.

Zelda Wii U has been pushed back until 2017 and will also be available for the NX.

...I know I've said this a couple times, but it just proves itself even more. I just bout the Wii U and this shows even more so why I'm a little sad. I guess it's better than buying the old system right before the new system comes out. I still have about a year to enjoy it before I whine for the NX. I just find it strange that the NX isn't going to be assisted with the newest handheld. If there is one on the immediate horizon that is.

I was wondering something about console, why arent they doing game on sd card like the old console use to be before we switch to cd/dvd/br.

It would be amazing to have instant gaming like we used to do without all those crap loading time and the lots.

not sure if it's possible now tho with the amount of data that need to be processed before we can play.

I was wondering something about console, why arent they doing game on sd card like the old console use to be before we switch to cd/dvd/br.

It would be amazing to have instant gaming like we used to do without all those crap loading time and the lots.

not sure if it's possible now tho with the amount of data that need to be processed before we can play.

They would be way too expensive. Solid state gaming media has always been more expensive and time consuming to produce than disk based equivalents which is part of the reason why Nintendo finally stopped doing it on their home consoles. Also space is a problem, I don't think they would fancy selling 25GB solid state game media.

Sigh,

Not gonna lie. This has totally bummed me out - The Wii U feels pretty dead right now and I thought for sure NX was 2016 bound...with pretty much nothing coming out for Wii U it's gonna be a long wait. That being said - perhaps this has happened so that the NX can launch with a fantastic list of games to get people on board.

Anyone else find it weird that the NX is not launching before the holiday season? I thought the excitement of being early adopters compounded with the festivities would shift a lot of units. The potential number of buyers for the NX could drop if the PS4 Neo and Xbox "Another One" launch this year.

I'm still seeing media outlets with poor memory acting like the 7th generation was how things have always been. The launch of each Nintendo console from the SNES to the Wii was separated by five years (five and a half for the SFC to N64 in Japan). This isn't quite five years, but considering the Wii U's reception and how Nintendo has been supporting it almost entirely by themselves, it wouldn't seem to make financial sense for them to carry on, whether it's three more years or eight months.

@Brend -- I'm not counting on a stellar E3 presentation, but they won't be unveiling the NX, Kimishima pledged continued support for the Wii U, and Zelda can't be the only thing they have to share...but it is a safe bet that they'll save the games that would make the biggest splash for the NX launch. Or maybe Zelda U/NX isn't the only dual-release title?

Anyone else find it weird that the NX is not launching before the holiday season? I thought the excitement of being early adopters compounded with the festivities would shift a lot of units. The potential number of buyers for the NX could drop if the PS4 Neo and Xbox "Another One" launch this year.
I believe Nintendo is strategizing against another software-starved launch, which all three 8th-gen consoles suffered. Some early adopters will always be early adopters, but others have been burned and will want to see the games first. It has been said that Nintendo is investing in a stronger launch lineup, and the early launch means the NX may be bolstered by another handful of games before the holidays.

It could work out well for them, being the first in a generation doesn't necessarily mean dominance like for example the Dreamcast and the N64. I'm sure the new PS and XB will drop before the NX but the NX might be more powerful and/or have a better launch line-up. It all depends how clever they design the thing.

So... according to Eurogamer, multiple sources have reported that the NX is utilizing the Tegra X1 chip, which lends further credence to the notion of the NX being a handheld. And let's be real here... this is probably the smartest move for Nintendo. The market for dedicated gaming boxes is crowded enough with just Sony and Microsoft. Creating a powerful handheld that can also be docked and played on the big screen is Nintendo's best chance at standing out and staying relevant in the hardware market.

And speaking of power, just where would the X1 place the NX? Well certainly not on the level of the PS4K or Scorpio, or even PS4/XB1... but it'll be close enough. Though Eurogamer speculates that the X1 could be a placeholder for the X2, which could potentially put it on par with current-gen consoles.

Nintendo may as well go handheld/mobile at this point. Their past couple of consoles have not been up to the standards of performance of the other consoles.

I know graphics aren't everything, but when your current gen console looks like the opposition's previous gen console graphic-wise, it's not a great sign. And a lot of the general public just care what looks prettiest and what their friends have.

Given, apart from the DS, no one else has made a decent, popular handheld yet Nintendo has, I say they stick to what they can do solidly that the opposition can't.

I like the idea because Nintendo's handhelds have always had games I want to play on a big screen and with more comfortable controls. If the NX turns out to be compatible with 3DS games, I could scoop up a few on my wanted list. I just hope its home-based use isn't terribly compromised by a portable form factor.

Nintendo may as well go handheld/mobile at this point. Their past couple of consoles have not been up to the standards of performance of the other consoles.

I know graphics aren't everything, but when your current gen console looks like the opposition's previous gen console graphic-wise, it's not a great sign. And a lot of the general public just care what looks prettiest and what their friends have.
One interpretation of Nintendo's conservative strategy between the Wii and Wii U (and probably the NX) is that they're biding their time until Sony and/or Microsoft flame out in the processing power race. I personally think Sony and Microsoft are treading dangerously close to making closed-box gaming PCs, adopting some of the pitfalls of PC gaming while omitting some of the benefits. Many vocal "core" gamers who might consider Nintendo irrelevant are nonetheless already dubious about the PS4K and Scorpio.

Video is basically just the Eurogamer article read out loud, but worth checking out if you haven't read it.

Having bought a New 3DS XL just two days ago, I wonder how Nintendo's going to go about suüpporting two handheld devices - assuming the NX is actually usable as a fully-fledged handheld. Considering it released initially in 2011, I'd assume the 3DS is, by now, all but due for a replacment. Makes sense, as having two mobile devices canabilizing sales on each other isn't all that preferable, I'd assume.

Nintendo's handhelds have been their money makers, as far as hardware goes recently, too. So, why not release a handheld to replace the 3DS that goes into "home mode" to provide a Super GameBoy-esque experience? Amping up the graphics, plugging into a big screen and all that...
I personally think Sony and Microsoft are treading dangerously close to making closed-box gaming PCs
Game-wise, they already are, imho :indiff:

The majority of games are multi-platform and the experience the exclusives deliver can largely be had on a PC as well - maybe not in Name, but in spirit and experience, at least.

Last year Nintendo claimed the NX is a "third pillar" system, but they also claimed the DS would not replace the Game Boy. All the rumors and everything have been pointing to a total unification instead:

...Sony and Microsoft might have the TV console market locked up to the point where it would be a serious uphill struggle for Nintendo to regain any lost ground with developers and consumers alike.

But portable gaming has long been Nintendo's strength, going back to the original Game Boy. While it's true that sales of the 3DS aren't as strong as the preceding DS, they're still a lot stronger than Sony's current PlayStation Vita portable console, which has sold 14.2 million units.

That means there's far less competition for Nintendo to attract first-tier portable game developers, combined with its much stronger reputation and track record in that market.

The beauty of this plan is that it means Nintendo gets kind of a twofer deal with developers: Hook 'em with the portable gaming aspect, and suddenly it has a robust library of TV-based games, too.

The developer doesn't have to do much, if any, extra work. Build the game once, and it works both ways. If Nintendo does tap Android, even better, because developers already know how to work with Android. It's all about knocking down the barriers to making games for the NX.

Once those games start attracting customers, it'll keep that flywheel spinning. More games appear for the NX; more people buy it.

Ta-da. Death spiral escaped.

You're not a fan of Nintendo's recent home consoles, @Luminis, but you bought an N3DS. I've enjoyed all the home consoles, but I don't buy the handhelds because they're a poor fit for my lifestyle (I'd almost only ever use them at home). I suppose you'd give Star Fox Zero a chance if you could somehow play it on your N3DS. I would buy 3DS games like Kirby Triple Deluxe and Kirby: Planet Robobot if I could play them on Wii U.

A unified library isn't just good business for Nintendo and other developers, it breaks down that wall for consumers like us.

Last year Nintendo claimed the NX is a "third pillar" system, but they also claimed the DS would not replace the Game Boy. All the rumors and everything have been pointing to a total unification instead:

You're not a fan of Nintendo's recent home consoles, @Luminis, but you bought an N3DS. I've enjoyed all the home consoles, but I don't buy the handhelds because they're a poor fit for my lifestyle (I'd almost only ever use them at home). I suppose you'd give Star Fox Zero a chance if you could somehow play it on your N3DS. I would buy 3DS games like Kirby Triple Deluxe and Kirby: Planet Robobot if I could play them on Wii U.

A unified library isn't just good business for Nintendo and other developers, it breaks down that wall for consumers like us.
I really don't know how I feel. It depends on how intuitive the TV mode is. If its simply up-scaling the graphics then I'm pretty bummed out. Nintendo have said multiple times that it'll blow people's minds, doing something they did yonks ago won't blow any minds. I'm thinking the TV Dock will provide some extra oomph similar to how PS4K etc will work. Total speculation of course.

Given, apart from the DS, no one else has made a decent, popular handheld yet Nintendo has, I say they stick to what they can do solidly that the opposition can't.
That's because Nintendo takes an alternative approach to games during the Wii and Wii U. They like to make their consoles more accessible and focus on new ways to play without making it expensive and gimmicky. Granted they went too far with the Wii U and only marketed the Gamepad and not even games which is where you see them paying the price. Not to mention Nintendo are the only company now that supports Free Online and Backwards Compatibility.

As for pretty much activating Polymerization and Fusing Handhelds and Home Consoles to Fusion Summon a Hybrid Console (Yugioh joke). I understand that power would be a concern since the Handheld component my not go up to what the Home console is capable of and their is a up-scaling scare. Granted I think it is more like when playing the Wii U where the Gamepad visuals are usually downed-scaled from what is on the TV. My biggest concern is backwards compatibility, Wii U games might be support if the controller is like the gamepad and comes with Wiimot Support but I doubt 3DS games will be supported without being like the DS Virtual Console.

However I agree with @Wolfe on benefits of breaking the wall down. After Mario & Sonic at the 2016 Rio games disappointed me with a lack of content from both versions (Wii U and 3DS), this can probably improve on how much content the game can produce. Mario Kart can just soley focus on 1 console to develop for instead of going back and fourth with handhelds and consoles.

Game-wise, they already are, imho :indiff:

The majority of games are multi-platform and the experience the exclusives deliver can largely be had on a PC as well - maybe not in Name, but in spirit and experience, at least.

So much this, I used to care about Sony and Microsoft and what they're doing but this gen, I didn't care. Both PS4 and Xbox ONE have the stereotype of "Black Box that plays games", that PC does better. I only forced myself to buy one (Xbox ONE) because Nintendo doesn't do car racers (though if they did, I'd imagine big money for their fanbase since it would be a new experience for their consumers).

I chose the Xbox ONE over PS4 out of pure random and interest in trying Forza. There is no distinct differences to make me care about one or the other being better (because PC wins in the end :lol:), unlike others I hope Nintendo doesn't hop on this bandwagon.

Last edited:
Having bought a New 3DS XL just two days ago, I wonder how Nintendo's going to go about suüpporting two handheld devices - assuming the NX is actually usable as a fully-fledged handheld. Considering it released initially in 2011, I'd assume the 3DS is, by now, all but due for a replacment. Makes sense, as having two mobile devices canabilizing sales on each other isn't all that preferable, I'd assume.

Nintendo's handhelds have been their money makers, as far as hardware goes recently, too. So, why not release a handheld to replace the 3DS that goes into "home mode" to provide a Super GameBoy-esque experience? Amping up the graphics, plugging into a big screen and all that...

Simple Nintendo bosses have stated the 3DS isn't going anywhere any time soon, and this is apparent when big name games of the future are slated for the device. So what I think is stated by Iwata is a system that fully integrates the Wii U and 3DS and is something completely different.

Back