What makes Gran Turismo 6 stand out the most?

I think it's the rather accurate recreations of real world tracks and the vast selection of premium cars. Hit up any such combination and the physics will momentarily make you forget all the shortcomings of the game. Then there's Photo Travel and Photo Mode, demonstrating the PS3's graphical capabilities with flying colors.

The name - Since it is the best-selling racing game franchise (with licensed cars) you will find more people recognising the "Gran Turismo" title compared to any of its competitors. There is also the record-breaking number of cars and the annual GT Academy competition which gives players the chance to take part in real life motorsports.

I think it's the rather accurate recreations of real world tracks and the vast selection of premium cars. Hit up any such combination and the physics will momentarily make you forget all the shortcomings of the game. Then there's Photo Travel and Photo Mode, demonstrating the PS3's graphical capabilities with flying colors.

Great reasons! I like the response.

To me its clearly the huge number of cars (premium or not) and tracks.
Plus a great balance between simulation and fun.

Reasons aren't bad. Thanks for the
response!

The name - Since it is the best-selling racing game franchise (with licensed cars) you will find more people recognising the "Gran Turismo" title compared to any of its competitors. There is also the record-breaking number of cars and the annual GT Academy competition which gives players the chance to take part in real life motorsports.

Great reasons.

Last edited by a moderator:
The huge amount of cars, giving players a huge choice of what they want to drive, the name, which is synonymous with the racing genre and is probably the most well known of all of the other racing games in its genre, and the fact that the graphics really push the system to its limits.

Just take a look at Photo Travel. It's a marvel that PD were able to get graphics like that out of a console with 8 year old hardware.

Last edited by a moderator:
No me? Come on :D

I'm sorry mate. My phone didn't notify me like it should.

The incorporating of the VGTs. Or actually, really anything in GT6 could stand out. The wide variety of tracks to the humongous variety of cars to choose from.

Tracks and cars are usally the answer,huh? Not bad.

The quirky unique cars and the fun factor the game has IMO.

Indeed at least 1200 I suppose?

For me, this game stands out compared to any other sim I've played because it is so diverse in it's cars and rich in it's information. Honestly, I wouldn't have heard of a Mazda Autozam AZ-1 or a Honda Beat if it wasn't for this game and I would certainly not know as many random car facts if I didn't download the GT: Apex app and spend days reading car descriptions.

- Car count (even minus the duplicates and extremely similar models), and amount of classic and modern-ish daily drivers.
- Each iteration of GT has always had some of the most impressive graphics of it's respective console generation.
- GT Academy allowing the skilled players to compete in real motorsports.

In my opinion:

1) The Vision GT Project
2) The Goodwood Festival Of Speed
3) New Cars (Quattro Group B, Ferrari 250 GTO, etc)
4) New Tracks (Mainly Goodwood, Silverstone and Brands Hatch)

1,3,and 4th reason I agree with. It's not that I disagree with you on reason 2. I just wish there were more Goodwood festival events because it's a great place to drive.

If they could just release the course maker then GT6 would really stand out.

You could say that,but I seem fine the way the game is with its huge list of tracks,but if they did release CM that would be great since I did enjoy it on GT5.

Could you, like, contribute to the thread?

There is a reason your previous post was deleted by a mod.

Indeed,but the moderaters can handle the user if he doesn't follow thread basic rules again.

To me, it's the community. You got the drifters, racers, drag racers, cruisers, touge enthusiasts, you name it and GT6 has it. It's almost impossible for a newcomer to not find something interesting to join.

Oh this is new. A community answer and I like it. That's how I was interested in GT5 so much and even GT6 online aspect.

For me, this game stands out compared to any other sim I've played because it is so diverse in it's cars and rich in it's information. Honestly, I wouldn't have heard of a Mazda Autozam AZ-1 or a Honda Beat if it wasn't for this game and I would certainly not know as many random car facts if I didn't download the GT: Apex app and spend days reading car descriptions.

I think GT does have its special uniqueness to the rest indeed,but wish everyone was feeling that charm,but everyone doesn't think they should stay in one series which is fine of course.

- Car count (even minus the duplicates and extremely similar models), and amount of classic and modern-ish daily drivers.
- Each iteration of GT has always had some of the most impressive graphics of it's respective console generation.
- GT Academy allowing the skilled players to compete in real motorsports.

Your reasons are good,but the GT Academy reason is good to,but GT Academy is not as big as it used to be.

For me its the sheer discovery of that elusive 'magic car of the moment'.

I'll give you an example. I never felt much for the Lotus Esprit. I bought a green 98 GT V8 thing in GT5 and 6 and its about the same... ill handling, oversteery but it can be tamed.

Then I found out its actually quite effective if driven carefully in 500pp and 650pp classes. These are the two money classes.

The three or four Lotus Esprit are actually quite useful in both A and B-Spec. The V8 GT does 633pp and can be guided to victory in the 24hr Ring B Spec.

Then recently I got into the Shelby Cobra in the Seasonal at Midfield. They never struck me as being all that useful before but they are really great.

I really never got that kind of thing with Forza at all. You have 550 cars there but I never really felt I 'discovered' that car I never drove before. Then again I dont think there are many games people are still playing and still finding fun with close to 2 yrs later.

Sure the drive model I dont feel is all that nuanced over Forza 5 (or even 4) but PD seemed to have that long term staying power that few other companies can manage.

What stands out for me is the Heritage of Gran Turismo... I have been playing since the original Gran Turismo. I have played Forza before, but its never had the same feel as GT. And when you look at the detail of the tracks and lots of the cars. It still amazes me. IMO I think it is an amazing game, with a great future! :)

Track list.
I think it's fair to say it's been trumped now by PCARS.

But FIA certification?
There's one more thing GT has over all others.

There's things that GT steps over others and that's having a dev team come up with fascinating ideas for the series. Data Logger,Photo Travel,Course Maker,GPS Visualizer,simplicity. It makes the game unique and special especially with a optimistic team.

VBR
The online community & multiplayer platform that allows for clean racing. I've had the most fun ever online with Gran Turismo.

The only few reasons why I play GT6's online. That and just friends.

Course maker.

Oh wait...

Do not worry. I'm sure it will come. PD should know by now it's requested otherwise they wouldn't imrpove it like they said hehe.

The sounds /s

Now seriously I think part is nostalgia but then the track list is impressive. That's one great point of it.

Hehe the sounds. You got me there *laughs* Anyway yes the track list is impressive indeed.

Gran Turismo defined my car culture.

Even today. GT6 comes out, Chevy Nova, Lotus Europa S2, etc comes out on the motor show.

Yes very appealing showstopping car culture car list indeed.

What stands out for me is the Heritage of Gran Turismo... I have been playing since the original Gran Turismo. I have played Forza before, but its never had the same feel as GT. And when you look at the detail of the tracks and lots of the cars. It still amazes me. IMO I think it is an amazing game, with a great future! :)

Indeed i play this game nonstop every day. I don't know,but I've played other racing games and they're not the same like Project Cars and Forza even though they are better in some areas.

Yeah, the car biographies are likely my favorite things in GT6 and something I hope Forza eventually steals.

It's always nice to see a car you never seen before and then get some nice details and history without having to use Google/Wikipedia.

Back