GTP vs GT6

• Thread starter sosa
  • 83 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Italy
Trieste
Well I'm finaly done.. done with this forum.
It was the best and only forum regarding GT games on the whole internet. I came her exlusively for news and topics regarding GT games. And it was really fun reading all the topics on this beautifull forum.
It was.. before all the nayers begun to bash this game.
Now they have support from the staff too? Crazzy!

It's really annoing reading same people repeating themselves over and over again.. You can't even argue with them becouse they are a group, a clan, a vip clan.. you can't win.. they support each other, they defend each other and they recluting new members non stop.. and of course, they are here to stay (like the standars!)

I even try to ignore members like imari and johnny.. for what?
I really hope that one day you nayer will win over the positive thinking.. and I hope Jordan will realize what has this forum become and move from the project for good..
And to think how far have they push their effort into making this forum so great.. all the work Famine put in to the GTPedia.. Why would anybody want a book over the worst franchise this planet has to offer?
Enough.. I'm leaving this forum.

Yeah I know.. I'm nobody.. I even can't write or speak or use proper english.. That is also a reason why I read this forum for 10 years now and bearly wrote anything.. I won't be missed I know.. But the problem will remain.
And no.. I'm not another ultra-fanboy who can't take any critics on his favorite game.. I'm just utra-annoyed!

Have a nice day GTP! Goodbye!

Basically what was said before me, and before the thread gets closed (because if you were really done you wouldn't announce it on a soap box) I just have to say good luck and farewell. The point of GTP which really makes it wonderful is not the fact that you have this wonderful vast amount of news dedicated to the namesake of said game but because of the passions of people who play the game. They're not "nayers" but realist who for the nth time enjoy the game with a deep passion and emphasis as much as the hardcore glossed over players who never have anything negative to say, cause the game can do no wrong.

If being a realist is a problem to you that's fine, but it becomes an issue when you want to basically denounce the forum due to it and even say it's so bad that staff are involved. AS if they have some oath to up hold to not have an opinion of negativity toward the game. which I doubt @Jordan would want his staff to be robotic about such a topic just to appease to his user base. Rather the subjectivity they bring to the game and unbiased opinions are what may hope to drive such a game due to such a dedicated site in a better direction down the road. The fact that even somewhat the fans here have been listened to (doesn't matter if you like the degree of it or not) shows that naysayers and fanatics alike drive this movement and in the end it's that allowance of such subjectivity that makes this forum and site a beautiful thing.

Not to be too harsh but have been known to be such, the forum isn't anyone's personal play ground or safe place when come to expand on thought about this game or others, rather you need to step outside of your personal bubble you've made and realize others aren't going to see GT in the same light as you. It is perhaps you that needs to realize this is a net forum and this is the idea of what makes them thrive, people conversing or debating about topics they have like interests in. It shouldn't be controlled because if it was to where every one only said good things about GT the forum quickly becomes static and nothing more than a news update.

Finally I say it will probably be closed (the thread) cause this is easily asking for a flame war to ensue due to your disillusion with what you wish people didn't do or say here.

It was the best and only forum regarding GT games on the whole internet. I came her exlusively for news and topics regarding GT games. And it was really fun reading all the topics on this beautifull forum.

It's really annoing reading same people repeating themselves over and over again.. You can't even argue with them becouse they are a group, a clan, a vip clan.. you can't win.. they support each other, they defend each other and they recluting new members non stop.. and of course, they are here to stay (like the standars!)

I really hope that one day you nayer will win over the positive thinking.. and I hope Jordan will realize what has this forum become and move from the project for good..
And to think how far have they push their effort into making this forum so great.. all the work Famine put in to the GTPedia.. Why would anybody want a book over the worst franchise this planet has to offer?

Yeah I know.. I'm nobody.. I even can't write or speak or use proper english.. That is also a reason why I read this forum for 10 years now and bearly wrote anything.. I won't be missed I know.. But the problem will remain.
And no.. I'm not another ultra-fanboy who can't take any critics on his favorite game.. I'm just utra-annoyed!

I know what you mean. But just remember it is internet forum. Don't take it seriously. :lol: It is mostly neutral and a racing game forum. But will have lots of traffic once GT7 is going to release.

You'll find a lot of people who are really emotional bonded to their *GAME* or their *console*. The thing I notice is that because GT6 is behind the 8 ball anyway being a fairly unpopular old title on an old console then you can slag the hell out of it and people will accept it. Its a game that costs $12 from the game shop that runs a $150 console. If you dont like it, who cares. You're basically 2yrs late to the party anyway. Sony have put GT6 on life support at this stage.

You can see the difference between this forum and say the Forza 5/6 forums where the fanboy retardation is turned up to the max but I suppose a $150 game on a $450 console is probably going to get a more serious kind of fan.

You know, there are far more thing in GTP then just Gran Turismo.... I can hardly believe that you have been reading these forums for 10 years and only joined in 2014 to tell the truth.

I joined back in 2002 after trolling the forum for a few months. There is a whole ton more to GTP then just Gran Turismo. I have talked to some really great people over my time at this forum. You might want to try to explore the forum more then just the GT6 section if you are feeling the way you are.

The part that really I can't understand is this
You can't even argue with them becouse they are a group, a clan, a vip clan.. you can't win.. they support each other, they defend each other and they recluting new members non stop.. and of course, they are here to stay (like the standars!)
How do you pretend to live peacefully in a forum if you start discriminating from nowhere a group of people only because of the fact they tend to criticize the game you like?
What would represent a "win" for you? Shutting their mouth everytime they start to be critic?

Well, you're making the right chioce I think, because it seems you aren't cut to live in a forum, or in society in general.
See ya

How do you pretend to live peacefully in a forum if you start discriminating from nowhere a group of people only because of the fact they tend to criticize the game you like?
What would represent a "win" for you? Shutting their mouth everytime they start to be critic?

Well, you're making the right chioce I think, because it seems you aren't cut to live in a forum, or in society in general.
See ya

I just want to know how I can join this secret Illuminati on GTP especially with the non-stop recruiting...

Sosa, that's the nature of fans of goods with competition like milk or games that invest themselves too much.

You can count the times in a few threads where "betrayed", "lied to", "cheated" are used. There's resentment there.
And some deal with that differently.

But milk or games, it all ends in belly aches.

See ya
come on. don't be harsh. we're all here for a reason. @sosa has been discouraged. everybody needs a break

Sometimes

See ya
My favorite part of that part of the quote is how punny it is. :D

You can't even argue with them becouse they are a group, a clan, a vip clan.. you can't win.. they support each other, they defend each other and they recluting new members non stop.. and of course, they are here to stay (like the standars!)

Remember guys: "First addicted to GT6, Then addicted to GTP."
Is that why the post count rise seems to be more exponential than it is linear?

Also, he specifically said that @Johnnypenso was negative, I don't agree.

My favorite part of that part of the quote is how punny it is. :D

Is that why the post count rise seems to be more exponential than it is linear?
Me? No idea. Remember though that the first time i came here, its not to make friends. I had my own GTIC club.

Now that GT6 community is falling and im still on the long college break (Hint: Dont want to tell you a whole story again. Click here instead.), im on the various of online communities such as Ameers cruise crew, fantasy series, etc. Im also started my first rumble strip posts recently.

Me? No idea. Remember though that the first time i came here, its not to make friends. I had my own GTIC club.

Now that GT6 community is falling and im still on the long college break (Hint: Dont want to tell you a whole story again. Click here instead.), im on the various of online communities such as Ameers cruise crew, fantasy series, etc. Im also started my first rumble strip posts recently.
You said, "First addicted to GT6, Then addicted to GTP."

The post count rises faster the more post you make, #addicted :lol:

You said, "First addicted to GT6, Then addicted to GTP."

The post count rises faster the more post you make, #addicted :lol:

<----- Mordo says woooooooooo.

Better than play Candy Crush and other money grubbing mobile games to waste time. (Im on my phone usually)

Shame but there's a reason I don't post in this sub forum anymore. It's a horrific atmosphere where it seems all people do is either pick apart the game or each other, as well as a same few members cropping up who's only purpose seems to be pick others apart.

Sad. It wasn't this bad in the GT5 to GT6 interval.

You wanna know what I'm done with?

People who equate constructive criticism to bashing.

There's too many line breaks in your post, a waste of keystrokes that could have been constructive. Were you trying to add tension?

Constructive Criticism + Bashing = Bashing

Also, he specifically said that @Johnnypenso was negative, I don't agree.

I've never heard of him, and I'm friends with all the positive people.

:confused: Oooookay. Bye

Huh?

GTP vs GT6

Forum Statistics
Discussions:
Members:
Latest Member:
Martin Allen

GT6 has sold about 8 copies for each "discussion" on GTP

Sony has sold about 7 GT games for each "message" on GTP

GT Academy has more participants than GTP has members, source required

Martin Allen, if you read this we value your opinion. Please elaborate.

Yeah, I've seen several times staff members defend people who bash GT in this GT forum, or bash GT themselves, not lying. I find this "strange" to say the least.
That's not really anything to do with anything.

Firstly, no-one is required to like any GT game to be a member here. This applies to our staff members too.

Secondly, we don't really care what people like or dislike so long as when they're talking about it they stay within the confines of the Acceptable Use Policy that governs all conduct on the site.

If someone is clearly, politely and entirely acceptably laying out why they don't like a specific GT game, or a specific feature of a GT game, or GT games in general, we don't have a problem. If someone who disagrees with them does so insultingly or abusively, we have a problem. That's nothing to do with GTPlanet's attitude towards Gran Turismo, but towards people who are rude - the same would apply in reverse.

Of course people don't take it that way. They believe they're being censored because we don't agree with their message, rather than the way they express it. We have a disgruntled ex-member who apparently strongly dislikes the moderation staff and believes we're pro-Zionist because we banned him after he decided it was fine to call another member a paedophile for daring to disagree with him. It had nothing to do with the message he was trying to convey (which, to be fair, was also rabidly anti-Semitic), but that he thinks it's fine to say someone who doesn't agree with him sexually abuses children...

So. I'd love to know what kind of preferential treatment we're giving to the anti-GT crowd in order for it to be said that the site staff are giving "support" to "the nayers" who "bash this game"...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back