Contributing Writer
Scotland
GTPlanet
Street-King-07
Quattro Saltire
tesla2.jpg

tesla3.jpg

tesla4.jpg

Tesla has finally taken the wraps off the production version of it's Model X crossover. The top of the range P90D Signature model has the same 762hp dual motor setup as the Model S P90D (503hp at the rear, 259hp at the front), meaning it'll hit 60 mph in a 911 baiting 3.2 seconds when specced with 'Ludicrous Mode'.

US prices for the P90D Signature will start from $132,000 with cheaper versions expected later on.

http://www.topgear.com/car-news/electric/tesla-model-x-762bhp-7-seat-electric-gullwing-suv
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-34399746

Opel did it years ago

So did Citreon and Peugeot, but not to the same extend. I like the approach Tesla took with it.
Because what Opel and the French did looked just plain stupid and this is like a windshiled merged with a "real" sunroof.

I like the smoothed front, I wonder if a facelifted Model S would look like that.

It's a nice car but very expensive for what it is and the Falcon doors are totally unnecessary plus useless in a multi-storey car park. I think it was just a gimmick really as it makes no sense that the front doors don't also open like that.

So did Citreon and Peugeot, but not to the same extend. I like the approach Tesla took with it.

I would say Opel's went just as far back.

2040908.004.1M.jpg

car_photo_23080.jpg

They look pretty but cost a fortune to replace. Also I'm not sure in the case of an accident I would want no metal forward of my head.

It doesn't look bad, but I prefer the Model S's grille to this one. I'd need a few more photos of the front to be sure about that though.

Styling wise, it's very conservative, but has decent enough proportion. I'm guessing the doors will work in some markets, but they would be a nightmare in UK multistory car parks.

The performance figures of the top line model are as ludicrous as the price... $132k will equate to £120k+, which is top spec LWB FFRR pricing.

I would call is more of an MPV than an SUV.

It doesn't look bad, but I prefer the Model S's grille to this one. I'd need a few more photos of the front to be sure about that though.
The test cars I have seen for months have the normal Model S style grille. Not sure if they decided to ditch it and go with a new look, or it's a high end model feature to not have it.

Why do I feel like those doors will be massively inconvenient in real life use.

Otherwise, I think it looks okay. The grille, or in fact the lack of it, leaves the front end looking like it's missing something, though

I quite like it except the back doors. How the hell are you gonna get your kids out in a parking with a roof ? Front windows looks nice until you got into an accident. Would like to see the crash test with this car.

Does anyone know the total height of the car with the back door up ?

I quite like it except the back doors. How the hell are you gonna get your kids out in a parking with a roof ? Front windows looks nice until you got into an accident. Would like to see the crash test with this car.

I've read the Falcon doors have ultrasonic sensors that ensure the doors will open enough for people to get out of the back in a multi storey. I also read the doors can open with a minimum 30cm of space each side.

>Model S has a grill
<people complain that they should get rid of it

>Model X doesn't have a grill
<people complain that it's missing something

Because it looks like they just literally removed it an did nothing stylistically to fill the space left by it. It looks like they just took an eraser to the design and forgot to put something in its place.

That said, I actually really like the grill on the Model S, and think this would look better with one than it does like this.

There are bound to be aftermarket bumpers featuring a faux grill if people want it that badly. In most territories, that space would be taken by the front number plate anyway.

As long as the parking garage can fit a van, you should be able to open the falcon doors enough to get out. There are videos of them opening in different situations from the release event.

There are bound to be aftermarket bumpers featuring a faux grill if people want it that badly. In most territories, that space would be taken by the front number plate anyway.
I dunno about anyone else, but the large arse is far more an issue for me than the lack of a grille. The front end doesn't actually look too bad, to me.

Looks like they grabbed a Model S and scaled it by the vertical axis.

Pretty cute, I shall call it the Tesla Cub :)

I even said in the OP that cheaper versions would be coming later.
"Cheaper" though.

I'm guessing simple to the model S the base model will be around $90k.

When I say cheaper I'm mean affordable for the average person. For the price of a Tesla you could get a Corolla, Tacoma and Sienna.

They've been saying that they will make them cheaper since the beginning, but the price is still the same and they keep making more and more expensive versions.

"Cheaper" though.

I'm guessing simple to the model S the base model will be around $90k.

When I say cheaper I'm mean affordable for the average person. For the price of a Tesla you could get a Corolla, Tacoma and Sienna.

They've been saying that they will make them cheaper since the beginning, but the price is still the same and they keep making more and more expensive versions.
Model 3 is coming in a couple years, supposed to be $30k.

Back